Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees


(202) 632-517510:59:29 AM11:17:18 AM18m
(202) 763-944310:57:38 AM11:12:54 AM16m
(202) 955-515410:05:55 AM10:11:24 AM6m
(240) 402-4176 - NA PBX-14872-402417611:06:17 AM11:27:35 AM22m
(301) 619-976610:58:40 AM11:14:45 AM17m
(301) 641-943711:03:50 AM11:45:26 AM42m
(301) 675-484910:03:11 AM11:53:50 AM111m
(301) 694-9663 - 1301694966311:05:04 AM11:53:26 AM49m
(301) 796-0625 - NA PBX-14872-796062511:20:53 AM11:53:53 AM33m
(301) 796-6077 - NA PBX-14872-796607711:02:21 AM11:53:42 AM52m
(301) 796-6658 - NA PBX-14872-796665811:08:51 AM11:53:44 AM45m
(303) 885-142311:01:30 AM11:53:42 AM53m
(310) 435-465811:01:03 AM11:53:41 AM53m
(314) 628-3864 - Mercy Medical11:03:25 AM11:53:42 AM51m
(314) 808-355510:00:00 AM10:16:44 AM17m
(314) 993-499510:57:31 AM11:53:42 AM57m
(321) 945-348610:05:24 AM11:53:53 AM109m
(336) 429-209410:00:26 AM10:57:56 AM58m
(404) 718-326210:01:38 AM11:07:48 AM67m
(410) 786-3968 - NA PBX-15921-786396810:01:19 AM10:59:26 AM59m
(410) 965-12349:59:31 AM11:53:22 AM114m
(423) 322-520410:05:18 AM11:53:53 AM109m
(484) 678-769111:26:25 AM11:53:47 AM28m
(570) 953-7500 - Kenvin Kaptch11:10:10 AM11:53:43 AM44m
(608) 271-9000 - +1608271900011:00:12 AM11:53:53 AM54m
(616) 446-65499:58:45 AM11:53:33 AM115m
(703) 346-848410:57:33 AM11:53:44 AM57m
(703) 681-635011:20:02 AM11:53:50 AM34m
(704) 774-783811:00:26 AM11:53:53 AM54m
(708) 449-4345 - Liz kiley10:54:39 AM11:53:40 AM60m
(720) 626-724010:58:13 AM11:53:35 AM56m
(740) 333-2772 - ignore11:12:16 AM11:53:44 AM42m
(781) 774-4415 - ignore10:59:30 AM11:01:54 AM3m
(801) 507-476010:58:49 AM11:53:27 AM55m
(801) 520-253910:50:58 AM11:53:53 AM63m
(801) 573-647011:13:41 AM11:38:00 AM25m
(801) 949-155610:18:16 AM11:53:53 AM96m
(816) 201-2010 - CERNER CORP CERNER W11:07:17 AM11:53:53 AM47m
Aaron Howell - aaron.howell@va.gov

20m
Andrew Statler - astatler@cerner.com Host

114m
Anne Smith - smith@ncqa.org10:04:45 AM11:53:53 AM1m
Austin - austin.j.kreisler@leidos.com Host

114m
Becky Angeles - becky.angeles@carradora.com

113m
Becky Gradl (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics) - bgradl@eatright.org10:01:49 AM10:58:04 AM57m
Behnaz Minaei - behnaz.minaei@fda.hhs.gov

53m
Benjamin Flessner - benjamin@redoxengine.com Host10:03:32 AM11:53:53 AM111m
Brent Muhlestein - JBrent.Muhlestein@imail.org

56m
Brett - brett@waveoneassociates.com

102m
Calvin - cbeebe@mayo.edu Host10:00:25 AM11:45:41 AM106m
Carl Gomberg - Premier - carl_gomberg@premierinc.com

55m
celia bowen - celia.bowen@va.gov9:58:17 AM10:57:31 AM59m
Chris Kundra (MEDITECH) - ckundra@meditech.com10:00:37 AM11:53:49 AM113m
Colleen Skau - skau@augs.org

54m
Cooper Thompson (Epic) - cooper@epic.com

57m
Danielle Friend - dfriend@epic.com

55m
Danny Wise - danny.wise@allscripts.com11:00:41 AM11:53:42 AM53m
Darren Johnson - dkjohnson3@geisinger.edu

52m
Dave deRoode - david.deroode@lantanagroup.com

12m
Denise Maxwell-Downing - ddowning@matrixit.io

53m
Dennis Patterson - dennis.patterson@cerner.com11:00:06 AM11:48:55 AM49m
Doug Pratt - doug.pratt@cerner.com

51m
Drew Torres Cerner - Drew.Torres@cerner.com11:01:31 AM11:53:48 AM53m
Emma - emma.jones@allscripts.com10:04:24 AM10:32:23 AM28m
Eric - ehaas@healthedatainc.com11:05:02 AM11:53:53 AM48m
Gay Dolin RN MSN - gdolin@imo-online.com Host

59m
George Dixon - george.dixon@allscripts.com10:02:47 AM11:53:49 AM111m
Grace Kim - grace.kim2@fda.hhs.gov

51m
Hans Buitendijk - hans.buitendijk@cerner.com11:02:58 AM11:53:53 AM51m
Indira Konduri - indira.konduri@fda.hhs.gov

46m
Ioana - ioana@eversolve.com10:36:18 AM11:53:29 AM77m
James Tcheng - tchen001@mc.duke.edu10:58:36 AM11:53:53 AM55m
Jeff - jbrown@j2interactive.com

58m
Joe Drozda - Joseph.Drozda@Mercy.net

51m
Joe Lamy - joseph.lamy@ssa.gov

111m
Kathy Pickering - kathy.pickering@cerner.com10:58:38 AM11:53:53 AM54m
Katrina Keyes - katrina.keyes@cms.hhs.gov

68m
Kin-Wah Fung - kfung@mail.nih.gov

92m
Linda Sigg (FDA) - linda.sigg@fda.hhs.gov

49m
Lindsey Hoggle - lhoggle@irishealthsolutions.com10:54:48 AM11:53:46 AM59m
Lisa Nelson - LNelson@max.md

110m
lori fourquet - lfourquet@ehealthsign.com10:48:59 AM11:52:21 AM63m
Marti - martha.velezis@fda.hhs.gov

58m
Martin - martin.rosner@philips.com10:07:14 AM11:53:53 AM107m
Martin Rosner - martin.rosner@philips.com

3m
Mary Alves - malves@meditech.com10:56:12 AM11:53:45 AM2m
Matthew Rahn - matthew.rahn@hhs.gov

110m
Michael - mclifton@epic.com

108m
Michael Tyburski - michael.tyburski@ssa.gov

112m
Michelle Miller - michelle.m.miller@Cerner.com

48m
Mike - mike.flanigan@carradora.com

17m
Mitra Rocca - mitra.rocca@fda.hhs.gov

27m
Nancy LeMaster - nancy.j.lemaster@gmail.com

57m
Nancy Orvis - nancy.j.orvis.civ@mail.mil

35m
Nancy Pakieser, Tecsys - np@t.com

55m
Nephi Walton - nawalton@geisinger.edu11:03:17 AM11:53:07 AM50m
Rob - rmcclure@mdpartners.com10:03:51 AM11:05:00 AM61m
Rob - rrhausam@gmail.com10:06:51 AM11:53:53 AM11m
Serafina Versaggi - serafina.versaggi@gmail.com10:00:14 AM11:53:26 AM114m
Sheila Abner - sabner@cdc.gov

68m
Stan - stan.huff@imail.org

25m
Susan Langford - Susan_Langford@bcbst.com

109m
Susan Morris - smorris@fcmh.org

42m
Terrie Reed - terrie.reed@fda.hhs.gov

60m
Thomson - tkuhn@acponline.org

110m

Agenda

  1. Call to order
  2. Business Updates (10 min)
    1. Additions/modifications to the agenda
    2. Are we going to meeting next week (5/2)?
    3. HL7
  3. External Updates - ONC and others
  4. Project Updates
    1. CDA R2.1 Project
    2. Value Set Issues (Next VSAC Release Package - June 2019)/C-CDA value set review

      1. Operationalizing UTG capabilities
      2. Progress on shared ValueSets across Product Families
    3. Cross-WorkGroup CDA Template Review
    4. C-CDA Companion Guide Updates (Lisa R. NelsonMatthew Rahn)
    5. C-CDA Rubric Criteria (Matthew Rahn)
    6. Consolidated CDA STU 2019 Updates (Lisa R. NelsonBrett Marquard)
  5. Additional Items
    1. DocumentReference Boundaries Text: GForge Lisa R. Nelson
    2. Review Montreal Agenda
  6. FHIR Tracker Items
    1. GF 13386
    2. GF 13973
  7. US Core Ballot Reconciliation Items (11 am) (Brett Marquard)
    1. Continued discussion regarding reopened FHIR tracker item 20029 and the motion below that was made and seconded last week, but tabled due to lack of time to discuss. 
    2. https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=20029&start=0
    3. Motion to find the #20029 proposed disposition persuasive w/ mod. made by Terrie, second Behnaz Minaei
      1. Text of motion: Motion to consider persuasive with mod to update wording to more accurately reflect the need to capture the UDI-DI and UDI-PI (lot, serial, expiration date, manufacture date, distinct identification code) as a must support, if specified in the “udiCarrier".
  8. Adjournment

Notes/Minutes

  1. Call to order
    1. 25.04.2019 14:05
  2. Business Updates (10 min)
    1. Additions/modifications to the agenda
      1. Decision was made to leave the meeting on the schedule for next week
    2. Are we going to meeting next week (5/2)?
    3. HL7
      • RIM (Austin Kreisler )
        • balloting ends on Monday. Finalize your comments and vote.
      • Steering Division / TSC (Austin Kreisler )
      • CDA-MG (Lisa R. Nelson / Brett Marquard )
        • meeting about standardization of all products. recommendation and have a meeting with V2 on Friday and will ask them to support making IP strategy consistent. Will then take the proposal forward.
        • Calvin: was reviewed at the EC group.
        • Lisa: update about categorizing things. 
      • Vocab (Robert Hausam )
        • Shiela Abnar is the resource for Vocab. In the absence of a person.
      • Pub facilitator (Alexander Henket )
      • Electronic Services and Tools (Andrew Statler )
      • Patient Care (Emma Jones )
        • Call on Monday at 5PM EST)
        • Patient Care and Learning Health Systems - reviewing with Examples Task force. Workgroup agenda later with this call, make sure we align.
      • Example Task Force (Brett Marquard )
        • Lisa R. Nelson Example on the listserv this week that will be sent out. Setting up the Infrastructure. How to document when the patient has certain quality assessments made and when they've had certain measurements made. Would like to vote on that next week if we have a meeting.
  3. External Updates - ONC and others
    1. N/A
  4. Project Updates
    1. CDA R2.1 Project
      1. Calvin E. Beebe Good News - Link errors - we have them fixed. Think we know what caused them. When we fixed them, only got some of the content. Used the normative editions of those files. Trying to jump to the codes we are trying to see. Need to get the content in there so we can see it. Down to a couple of issues that are technical. They may be related to some old bugs in the generation process. Hope is that we will have something clean by the WGM.
    2. Value Set Issues (Next VSAC Release Package - June 2019)/C-CDA value set review

      1. Operationalizing UTG capabilities
        1. Lisa R. Nelson Going well. Once we got thru the STU comments. Sheila has been helping. Mondays/Wed at 4:00pm EST . Where they needed definitions, they have been working through.
        2. Rob McClure Comment at the workgroup. What is our approach on Deprecated codes. We have codes that we know are no longer used. What about intentional codes. This has come up around drugs. This will come up other places to. The dynamic bindings. What's current is always there. That's going to be work.
        3. Austin Kreisler That's additional work for that vocab joint.
      2. Progress on shared ValueSets across Product Families
    3. Cross-WorkGroup CDA Template Review
      1. Need to report out at the WGM with Patient Care.
    4. C-CDA Companion Guide Updates (Lisa R. NelsonMatthew Rahn)
      1. C-CDA Companion Guide 2019-06-21 
      2. Companion guides will be something that will be continuing over time. This will be renamed to 2019-06-21.
      3. Near the bottom, we started to identify the detailed project requirements. Started working with Matthew Rahn and Dave Hamill about what contents go in the guide.
      4. The milestones have been adjusted. Would like to plan to do a review with SD on June 6. That would be coming to show the walkthrough of the initial materials on June 6 for the workgroup to see the ballot materials.
        1. Austin Kreisler those will need to be separate calls.
      5. All of the other things will be community events.
      6. Lisa R. Nelson will make sure that is a separate call. A vote on June 20 and then June 21 hand it off to HL7.
      7. Austin Kreisler a discussion about a NIB deadline for this. He will know about that tomorrow.
      8. Lisa R. Nelson Isn't the permission for a July ballot like the NIB?
    5. C-CDA Rubric Criteria (Matthew Rahn)
      1. Going through informative ballot currently. No update.
    6. Consolidated CDA STU 2019 Updates (Lisa R. NelsonBrett Marquard)
      1. The first step is to get tooling. The RFP is in process.
  5. Additional Items
    1. DocumentReference Boundaries Text: GForge Lisa R. Nelson
      1. Add to WGM
    2. Review Montreal Agenda
      1. Changes made to the agenda
  6. FHIR Tracker Items
    1. GF 13386
    2. GF 13973
  7. US Core Ballot Reconciliation Items (11 am) (Brett Marquard)
    1. Continued discussion regarding reopened FHIR tracker item 20029 and the motion below that was made and seconded last week, but was tabled due to lack of time to discuss.
TypeMotion
Motion

Motion to consider persuasive with mod to update wording to more accurately reflect the need to capture the UDI-DI and UDI-PI (lot, serial, expiration date, manufacture date, distinct identification code) as a must support, if specified in the “udiCarrier".

By
Second

Behnaz Minaei

Date

 

Ref #GForge 20029
For--
Neg--
Abs--
Status

WITHDRAWN

Tally--
Discussion

Acknowledge all the people on the call are various implementer. Part of the support is recognizing the app developers and users in the community. In that vein, following last week, received additional feedback to test. Any Argonaut community members willing to talk about testing the data?

Brett Marquard - Not everyone on the phone is familiar. separate mix of providers and payers. Five years to accelerate the use of FHIR. The data query part of the FHIR specification. Continue down that path. One of the efforts running that year is to continue testing FHIR R4. They kicked off the initial sprints yesterday. Patient, encounter, intolerance, ?. Later in the summer, they are talking about devices. For the Argonaut community, is there interest in testing the additional components of UDI as part of the testing in the summer. Epic and Meditech. Cerner too.

Minutes need to be corrected to reflect that Marty made the motion, not Terrie. Marty is withdrawing the motion. The seconder, @Behnaz Minaei agrees. The motion is withdrawn.


i
TypeMotion
Motion

Relax the cardinality on the device.udicarrier to 0..1 to accommodate for devices that do not have device information. (e.g. historical data or patient reported data)  Add rationale to the description&constraint udiCarrier

ByMarti Velezis
SecondHans Buitendijk
Date

Apr 18, 2019 10:58

Ref #GForge 20029

For53
Neg0
Abs

Matthew Rahn, Rebecca Angeles , Lisa Morrin, Nancy LeMaster, Nancy Pakieser, 

Status

APPROVED

Tally53-0-5
Discussion

Relax the cardinality on the device.udicarrier to 0..1 to accommodate for devices that do not have device information. (e.g. historical data or patient reported data)

  1. amendment - Add rationale to the description&constraint udiCarrier - Accepted by Marti Velezis  & Hans Buitendijk
i
TypeMotion
MotionAdd MUST SUPPORT flag to the UDI elements as proposed below, to include the parsed elements and make them available for the Fall 2019 STU Update.
ByMarti Velezis
SecondCalvin E. Beebe
Date

Apr 18, 2019 10:58

Ref #GForge 20029

For50
Neg0
Abs

Matthew Rahn Rebecca AngelesNancy Orvis  Nancy LeMaster, Nancy Pakieser

Status

APPROVED

Tally50-0-5
Discussion

Add MUST SUPPORT flag to the UDI elements as proposed below, to include the parsed elements and make them available for the Fall 2019 STU Update.

  1. Modified to handle self-reported medical device use or implant as requested by the Argonaut community and is inline with the other HL7 respresentations of device identification information.

    + device.udiCarrier “S” [0..1]  is required for recording an implant of a medical device (excludes self-reported implants that do not include UDI information)

    ++ Device.udiCarrier.carrierHRF OR Device.udiCarrier.carrierAIDC "S" [0..1] SHOULD be supported. One is required when the udiCarrier is provided [Note: This is still a topic of discussion and testing, and may requir

    ++ Device.udiCarrier.deviceIdentifier - "S", [1..1] is required when the udiCarrier is provided

    At least one or more Production identifiers must be provided.  When a production identifier is provided in the UDI (udiCarrier) then it must also be parsed and exchanged as one of the following device elements:

    + Device.distinctIdentifier "S" [0..1] SHOULD be supported for  HCT/P regulated as a device, the distinct identification code required by 21 CFR 1271.290(c).

    + Device.manufactureDate "S", [0..1] SHOULD be supported when the UDI (udiCarrier) specifies a manufactureDate

    + Device.expirationDate "S", [0..1] SHOULD be supported when the UDI (udiCarrier) specifies an expirationDate

    + Device.lotNumber "S". [0..1] SHOULD be supported  when the UDI (udiCarrier) specifies a lot number

    + Device.serialNumber "S", [0..1] SHOULD be supported when the UDI (udiCarrier) specifies a serial number


i
TypeMotion
Motion

close out GForge 20029

ByIoana Singureanu
SecondHans Buitendijk
Date

Apr 18, 2019 10:58

Ref #GForge 20029

For48
Neg0
AbsMatthew Rahn , Rebecca Angeles , Nancy Orvis , Nancy LeMaster, Nancy Pakieser
Status

APPROVED

Tally48-0-5
Decision


  1. Add to agenda for 2/May/2019  close out US Core January Ballot


  2. Question - Now, will we get all of the parsed data instead of the text string? (RE: Parsed UDI content from earlier discussion)
    1. Implementers will be trying it out over the summer to see if it works. Yes, not immediately, but planned for the future.
    2. General feeling from the FDA is that this is a move forward since it gets the parsed information into the specifications and gets implementers starting to use it.
      1. At the same time, there were comments from Austin KreislerBrett Marquardthanking the representatives from the FDA for their participation and giving us feedback.
      2. This author's impression of the discussion is that FDA would like to see the parsed data language added to the specifications so that we can establish some test cases in the real world and prove out the model. It seemed that there was understanding on their part that the industry is not ready to adopt these as the requirements for a certification at the moment, but getting them into standards and proving out the model is a reasonable middle ground so that we can add parsed data to certification requirements at a future point.
  1. Adjournment
    1. 11:53:48 AM
  2.