Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees

 Click here to expand...


Calvin - cbeebe@mayo.edu Host10:04:14 AM11:44:05 AM100m
(410) 965-123410:00:48 AM11:44:12 AM104m
Becky Gradl (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics) - bgradl@eatright.org10:01:26 AM11:46:57 AM106m
(208) 930-0350 Host10:05:55 AM11:55:32 AM110m
Sean McIlvenna - sean.mcilvenna@lantanagroup.com Host

110m
Serafina Versaggi - serafina.versaggi@gmail.com10:09:46 AM12:01:06 PM112m
Martin - martin.rosner@philips.com10:01:35 AM11:54:24 AM113m
Rita - Rita.Altamore@doh.wa.gov10:08:16 AM12:01:06 PM113m
+1 303 579 884710:05:35 AM11:59:06 AM114m
(763) 732-8803 - UHG10:07:07 AM12:01:06 PM114m
(423) 322-520410:06:51 AM12:01:06 PM115m
Joe Quinn (Optum) - joseph.quinn@optum.com

115m
(865) 671-162410:05:47 AM12:01:06 PM116m
Susan Langford - Susan_Langford@bcbst.com

116m
Lisa Nelson - LNelson@max.md10:04:52 AM12:01:06 PM117m
CELIA BOWEN - celia.bowen@va.gov

117m
(608) 271-9000 - +1608271900010:01:29 AM11:59:23 AM118m
Emma - emma.jones@allscripts.com10:03:07 AM12:01:06 PM118m
Benjamin Flessner - benjamin@redoxengine.com Host10:03:31 AM12:01:06 PM118m
321945348610:03:46 AM12:01:06 PM118m
Michael - mclifton@epic.com

118m
Dave deRoode - david.deroode@lantanagroup.com

118m
Didi Davis - ddavis@sequoiaproject.org

118m
(314) 808-355510:02:28 AM12:00:59 PM119m
Andrew Statler - astatler@cerner.com Host10:02:37 AM10:27:02 AM119m
(352) 514-942910:01:35 AM12:01:06 PM120m
Brett - brett@waveoneassociates.com10:03:28 AM12:00:58 PM120m
George - george.dixon@allscripts.com10:00:06 AM12:01:02 PM121m
Austin - austin.j.kreisler@leidos.com Host9:57:50 AM12:00:59 PM121m
Thomson - tkuhn@acponline.org

121m
Michael Tyburski - michael.tyburski@ssa.gov

121m
(301) 675-48499:59:16 AM12:00:59 PM122m
Mary Alves - malves@meditech.com11:30:51 AM12:00:53 PM1m
Rob Hausam - rrhausam@gmail.com10:14:53 AM10:43:59 AM24m
Linda Michaelsen (Optum) - linda.michaelsen@optum.com11:35:18 AM12:01:06 PM27m
(616) 446-654910:25:22 AM10:27:16 AM2m
(781) 774-441511:31:27 AM12:01:01 PM30m
Becky Angeles - becky.angeles@carradora.com

3m
(301) 796-6077 - NA PBX-14872-796607711:02:52 AM11:43:24 AM41m
Terrie Reed - terrie.reed@fda.hhs.gov

44m
Drew Torres - Drew.Torres@cerner.com11:15:04 AM12:00:56 PM46m
Rob - rrhausam@gmail.com10:52:07 AM11:39:57 AM47m
giorgio cangioli9:53:18 AM10:41:44 AM49m
(615) 761-100010:34:24 AM10:37:38 AM4m
(816) 679-832310:38:08 AM10:41:20 AM4m
(240) 476-407611:06:25 AM11:55:48 AM50m
Chris Kundra - ckundra@meditech.com11:10:26 AM12:00:55 PM51m
John Moehrke - JohnMoehrke@gmail.com11:03:32 AM12:00:54 PM58m
Sheila Abner - sabner@cdc.gov

58m
(404) 718-32629:59:59 AM10:58:16 AM59m
(301) 922-679810:57:39 AM11:55:57 AM59m
Lindsey Hoggle - lhoggle@irishealthsolutions.com

60m
Eric - ehaas@healthedatainc.com10:59:51 AM12:01:06 PM62m
Rob - rmcclure@mdpartners.com

62m
Joe Lamy - joseph.lamy@ssa.gov

64m
+1 801 949 155610:15:01 AM10:20:10 AM6m
anonymous

7m
Lori - lfourquet@ehealthsign.com10:33:28 AM12:01:06 PM89m


Agenda

  1. Call to order
    1. Meeting called to order at 
  2. Business Updates (10 min)
    1. Additions/modifications to the agenda
    2. HL7
  3. External Updates - ONC and others
  4. Project Updates
    1. CDA R2.1 Project
    2. Value Set Issues (Next VSAC Release Package - June 2019)/C-CDA value set review

      1. Operationalizing UTG capabilities

        1. Discuss the updates to the RIM Data Types (Can those be changed? If so, what is the process?)
          1. Requires creating a fork and ballot Abstract Data Types Release 1 (MnM)
          2. Requires creating a fork and balloting XML Data Types Release 1 (ITS)
          3. Requires creating a new release of CDA build on the new data types fork (SDWG)
          4. Requires creating new IGs that use all of the above (various work groups)
      2. Progress on shared ValueSets across Product Families
      3. C-CDA Value Set Discussion Lisa R. Nelson
    3. Cross-WorkGroup CDA Template Review
  5. Additional Items
    1. Ownership of FHIR documents page Sean McIlvenna
      http://hl7.org/fhir/documents.html
    2. Vote to co-sponsor Project: 1525 - International Patient Summary (IPS) IG

      1. International Patient Summary (IPS) Implementation Guide
    3.  Review Montreal WGM agenda

      1. 2019 May Montreal Meeting
    4.   

  6. FHIR Tracker Items
  7. US Core Ballot Reconciliation Items (Brett Marquard) 11:00 AM EST
    1. The issue of “parsing” or “not parsing” UDI data in the U.S. Core (after 11:30) (Lindsey Hoggle, Terri Reed)
  8. Adjournment

Notes/Minutes

  1. Call to order
    1. Meeting called to order at  02:05 PM
  2. Business Updates (10 min)
    1. Additions/modifications to the agenda
      1. Lisa asked to add Value Set items to the agenda for voting.
      2. Austin suggested voting at the end after we get through other items.
    2. HL7
      • RIM (Austin Kreisler )
        • Companion Guide is out for an e-Vote that should close Friday.
        • US Realm moved that it should move forward on a vote for this summer.
        • Meetings on Mondays at 11:00am EST. Will be a packed agenda.
      • Steering Division / TSC (Austin Kreisler )
      • CDA-MG (Lisa R. Nelson / Brett Marquard )
        • No updates. No meeting this week.
      • Vocab (Robert Hausam )
        • Not present.
      • Pub facilitator (Alexander Henket )
        • Not present.
      • Electronic Services and Tools (Andrew Statler )
        • CDA management group making a recommendation on the use of the sub-domain. CDA content is not public domain, so it will
        • WGM Main Agenda is on the Confluence rather than the wiki.
      • Patient Care (Emma Jones /Lisa R. Nelson )
        • will not be doing clinician on FHIR at May WGM. Some of the clinicians will not be able to make that meeting. FHIR R4 and doing some analysis on CDA care team models for Care Teams.
      • Example Task Force (Brett Marquard )
        • Meeting is cancelled today.
  3. External Updates - ONC and others
    1. No external updates.
  4. Project Updates
    1. CDA R2.1 Project
    2. Value Set Issues (Next VSAC Release Package - June 2019)/C-CDA value set review

      1. Operationalizing UTG capabilities

        1. Discuss the updates to the RIM Data Types (Can those be changed? If so, what is the process?)
          1. Requires creating a fork and ballot Abstract Data Types Release 1 (MnM)
          2. Requires creating a fork and balloting XML Data Types Release 1 (ITS)
          3. Requires creating a new release of CDA build on the new data types fork (SDWG)
          4. Requires creating new IGs that use all of the above (various work groups)
            1. The above steps are the process. This is something that was determined years ago. This is the complication of the process.
            2. Lisa motions that these are not persuasive for 1415 & 1416. See research in minutes from 2019-Apr-04. Follow-on answer is that these are not persuasive. Second by Calvin. No opposed. No abstention. 25-0-0. Motion Carries.
      2. Progress on shared ValueSets across Product Families
      3. C-CDA Value Set Discussion Lisa R. Nelson
        1. 1517
          1. Co-chair will update; Persuasive. Already implemented in June-2018 update; Substance Reactant definitions
        2. 1453
          1. Co-chair will update; Persuasive. Already implemented.; 
        3. 1771
          1. Persuasive;;C-CDA Value Set Problem Status; Recommend we update Problem Status; Clinical Status; 20190328
        4. 1770
          1. Persuasive.  (Goes together with making the change in 1771); ;Allergy Status Observation;"Need a new value set for the Allergy Intolerance observation."  Align this value set with the corresponding FHIR value set.; Clinical Status; 20190328
        5. Motion by Lisa to approve comments 1771/1770. Second by Didi Davis.
          1. Austin Kreisler asked about 1770 being a fallout of 1771. Does it classify as fallout? The template would have to change. More than just technical changes. 
          2.  Rob McClure is asking that SDWG understand and embrace that we characterize this as 1) consistent with standards and intent & 2) engage with the community in a way that is consistent and maintainable.
          3. Calvin E. Beebe states we need to take this to the CTO for a ruling.
          4. Austin Kreisler states to dispose this, we need to discuss with CTO.
          5. Calvin E. Beebe States we can log it as provisional.
          6. Rob McClure In order to get this into the upcoming release, we have to get this done before the May working group.
          7. Lisa R. Nelson Will withdraw 1770. Second approves the change. 1 abstains. 0 opposed. 29 in favor. 29-0-0 motion carries.
    3. Cross-WorkGroup CDA Template Review
  5. Additional Items
    1. Ownership of FHIR documents page Sean McIlvenna
      http://hl7.org/fhir/documents.html
      1. Sean motions to take ownership of the FHIR Documents page. Second by Lisa. No abstention. No opposed. 25-0-0.
    2. Vote to co-sponsor Project: 1525 - International Patient Summary (IPS) IG

      1. International Patient Summary (IPS) Implementation Guide
        1. Updates, sponsored by Patient Care. We were sponsored by Patient Care. This is probably the right more. This is a political document. Transitioning to Patient Care. We will become a co-sponsor.
        2. Issue with the use of SNOMED, an important issue of the topic. That needs to be brought up with Patient Care. If Vocab is asking to be a Co-Sponsor, they need to talk to Patient Care. Vocab may have an interest in co-sponsoring.
        3. Most of the existing working groups will co-sponsor.
        4. This will be Universal Realm
        5. Concerns about addressing the vocabulary issues. Should put on the agenda for the WGM.
        6. Motion from Lisa to become a sponsor. Second from Calvin. No abstentions. No objections. 27-0-0. Motion passes.
    3.  Review Montreal WGM agenda

      1. 2019 May Montreal Meeting
  6. FHIR Tracker Items
  7. US Core Ballot Reconciliation Items (Brett Marquard) 11:00 AM EST
    1. Brett Marquard Only 8
    2. 20066 - Further explain - operation for requesting on demand documents. can request using $document. The way it was designed, they wouldn't have to make multiple requests.
    3. If the document meets the query params, you return it. It is unclear if the document operation will return non On-demand documents or not. Would like $document to focus on dynamically generated documents. query in doc reference to get the rest. 
    4. An on-demand document
      1. CCD generated upon request or per certain set of parameters
      2. Entry in the registry (Discharge Summary) when requested the Server then assembles the document. Epic doesn't generate a document after every encounter, they generate it 'on-demand' but then is scoped by the encounter
    5. IHE MHD
      1. Supports search on DocumentReference with a time range and it returns both stable and on-demand documents.
      2. No operation.
    6. Options - Today: $docref - which supports on-demand 0..* documents generation and 'SHOULD' for 0..* stable documents
      1. $docref is updated to support on-demand 0..* and SHALL for 0..* stable documents (or delayed assembly) that meet the query parameters
      2. $docref is updated to a SHALL NOT for 0..* stable (or delayed assembly) documents and only returns one on-demand CCD that meet the query parameters.
      3. Add a parameter to $docref to allow client to dictate whether 'on-demand' only or both 'on-demand' that meet the query parameters and stable documents (or delayed assembly) that meet the query parameters
      4. $docref is updated to SHALL support on-demand 0..* and SHOULD for 0..* and SHOULD for 0..* stable documents (or delayed assembly) that meet the query parameters
    7. Motion to approve 3 by Brett. Second by Drew Torres.
      1. Discussion about the language. Multiple changes. New language reflected above.
      2. Accepting modifications to the previous modification by Brett. Those modifications accepted by Drew. Abstention by 2. Opposed by 0. Approval by 29. 29-0-2. Motion Carries.
    8. 20614 - Add patient address and phone to the profile.
      1. Add  the proposed USCDI rule-making to US Core FHIR
      2. Lisa - There are cases where people are using the Core profile and having the address/phone and explanation of the benefits, you would have expanded information, but would there be a reason not to expose it?
        1. Perhaps a situation like a battered women's shelter. In some cases, our clients may ask things to be restricted.
        2. Other use cases that could lead to patient matching issues, like at homeless shelter.
      3. Motion to approve by Eric Haas . Drew Torres seconds. 0 abstention. 0 oppose. 27 in favor. 27-0-0.
  8. The issue of “parsing” or “not parsing” UDI data in the U.S. Core (after 11:30) (Lindsey Hoggle, Terri Reed) 
    1. 4 use cases for data
      1. CDS
      2. device recalls
      3. research
      4. ?
    2. difficulty getting everyone on the call to identify the requirements across all the agencies.
    3. goal is to get names of everyone that would be on the call for the UDI data.
    4. ONC is not on the call today. Have a call without being on the Structured Docs call. Willing to have an offline call with the vendors. What is the burden of parsing the data? Why is it important to have parsed data? 
    5. Austin will work with them to set up a separate call to discuss this topic outside of the SDWG meeting. 
  9. Adjournment at 04:01 PM