Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees


Agenda

  1. Call to order
  2. Business Updates (10 min)
    1. Additions/modifications to the agenda
    2. HL7
      • RIM (AKreisler)
      • Harmonization

        • Initial Proposals – 2/11
        • Final Proposals – 3/8
        • Harmonization Meeting – 3/11 & 12
      • Steering Division / TSC (AKreisler)
        • Ballot

          • PSS Submission to PMO; Deadline for 2019MAY – 1/27 (passed)
          • NIB Deadline – 2/17
          • Initial Content Deadline – 3/3
          • Final Content Deadline – 3/24
          • Ballot Open – 3/29
          • Sept 2019 PSS TSC Approval Deadline – 4/7
      • CDA-MG (Lisa/Brett)
      • Vocab (RHausam)
      • Pub facilitator (AHenket)
      • Electronic Services and Tools (AStatler)
      • Patient Care (LNelson)
      • Example Task Force (Brett)
  3. External Updates - ONC and others
  4. Project Updates
    1. CDA R2.1 Project
    2. Value Set Issues (Next VSAC Release Package - June 2019)

    3. C-CDA value set review
    4. Errata Package Publication Update (Sean?)
    5. Cross-WorkGroup CDA Template Review
    6. CDA IG Quality Criteria Project update
  5. Additional Items
    1. Pharmacy Care Plan NIB Review
      Zabrina Gonzaga
      15 minutes
    2. PSS to for approval to withdraw QDM Base HQMF (Gay)
      1. https://confluence.hl7.org/display/CQIWC/QDM-based+HQMF+Implementation+Guide+Withdrawal
  6. US Core Ballot Reconciliation (Brett)
  7. FHIR Tracker Items
  8. Adjournment

Notes/Minutes


  • Call to order
  • Business Updates (10 min)
    1. Additions/modifications to the agenda
    2. HL7
      • RIM (AKreisler)
      • Harmonization - Austin reviewed the deadlines for harmonization.  2 weeks before deadline for harmonization proposals.

        • Initial Proposals – 2/11
        • Final Proposals – 3/8
        • Harmonization Meeting – 3/11 & 12
        • Lisa asked about knowing which value sets has a static binding, is there a way to tell what needs to go to harmonization..
      • Steering Division / TSC (AKreisler)
        • Ballot

          • PSS Submission to PMO; Deadline for 2019MAY – 1/27 (passed)
          • NIB Deadline – 2/17
          • Initial Content Deadline – 3/3
          • Final Content Deadline – 3/24
          • Ballot Open – 3/29
          • Sept 2019 PSS TSC Approval Deadline – 4/7
      • CDA-MG (Lisa/Brett) - Looking at the shift to use Structured Definition and the FHIR tooling. And looking at a C-CDA IG Update.
      • Vocab (RHausam) - Vocabulary is looking at gender codes harmonization. Looking at getting this done for the next harmonization cycle.  Possibly the March Harmonization.
      • Pub facilitator (AHenket) - n/a
      • Electronic Services and Tools (AStatler) - n/a
      • Patient Care (LNelson) - CDA collaboration call this Monday at 5:00 PM Eastern - learning health systems and evaluating FHIR resources for Care Team and Care Team constructs. Care plans will be covered on Wednesday, Care teams issues on Tuesdays.
      • Example Task Force (Brett)- will be meeting at Noon
         
  • External Updates - ONC and others - n/a
  • Project Updates
  1. CDA R2.1 Project - need to hold a call next week.
  2. Value Set Issues (Next VSAC Release Package - June 2019) Lisa - This is the next planned value set update.

  3. C-CDA value set review - Need to close out the comments for next time or later for the agenda
  4. Errata Package Publication Update (Sean?) - Wayne has reviewed and identified a couple of issues, and there are updates that will be resubmitted to Wayne for publication.  Still in progress.  Named as the "Dec. Errata"
  5. Cross-WorkGroup CDA Template Review - Meetings on Monday
  6. CDA IG Quality Criteria Project update - Austin noted that the project got kicked off on Tuesday and reviewed scope and reviewed the existing quality criteria and we will be reviewing the criteria and adding changes to the Confluence page for the project and review in segments - Tuesdays at 2:00 PM Eastern is the meeting.
  • Additional Items
    1. Pharmacy Care Plan NIB Review Zabrina Gonzaga 15 minutes
      Rick / Shelly - presented the  two NIBs
      The first one for the CDA R2 version as an STU and is a follow-up for a comments only ballot. Structured Documents is the sponsor and Pharmacy was a co-sponsor. It was pointed out that the scope of the ballot is the entire IG as the previous ballot was a comment only ballot. Question was asked about mappings between the CDA and FHIR.  The scope previously approved did not include the mapping requirements, but Rick suggested that it would be a good ballot comment
      Motion to approve the NIB for the CDA version Pharmacy Care Plan ballot -
      Made by: Calvin    Second: Rick     Opposed: 0   Abstain:  0   For:  25 motion passes.

       The second one is for the FHIR version of the ballot
      Motion to approve the NIB for the FHIR version Pharmacy Care Plan ballot -
      Made by: Calvin    Second: Rick     Opposed: 0   Abstain:  0   For:  25 motion passes.
    2. PSS to for approval to withdraw QDM Base HQMF (Gay)
      1. https://confluence.hl7.org/display/CQIWC/QDM-based+HQMF+Implementation+Guide+Withdrawal
        Gay discussed the QDM-based HQMF Withdraw request, it is driven by the industry move away from the usage of the standard.  The question was asked if HQMF has been used anywhere else.  Rob McClure indicated that other programs might be using this standards. The ballot is intended to understanding if there is any usage of the standard.  The standard is STU status. It has been extended until Oct. of this year.
        Motion to approve the withdraw ballot for the QDM Base HQMF  Made by Calvin, Second Gay
        Opposed: 0 Abstain: 0 For: 25 motion passes
  • US Core Ballot Reconciliation (Brett)  5 items for today
  • 19872 - Diagnostic Report - must support searching for 3 category codes: CardiologyRadiology, and Pathology
    Suggestion is to make this not mandatory because vendors map diagnostic reports to categories in different ways. Example: a search for 'Cardiology' may return zero results if the server used different categorizations.
    Motion to approve tracker item as indicated in resolution - By Brett, Second Rob H
    Opposed: 0 Abstain: 0 For: 19 motion passes
  • 19923 - LOINC Diagnostic Report - included category codes
    Currently is bound only to LOINC, there was a desire to defined a value set that is extensible - Gay was hoping that the constraints would be defined based on a set of constraints on a number of LOINC axis(s).    
     
     
      The committee discussed the scope of the use of the codes to the Diagnostic Report. It was discussed that we might have two different value sets that are needed.  Is there a need for 1, 2 or 3 value sets for this situation? Rob indicated that the need is to ensure that the definition needs to be clearer, and then seek assistance from LOINC.  It was pointed out that some codes are indicating a scanned document and at other times  the codes are indicating the specific type of document. Discussion as to whether there's a subset of LOINC for "Diagnostic Observations + Diagnostic Narratives" or if it should simply be bound to all of LOINC. Shelly asked why this is not yet in VSAC. It was pointed out that the current value set is "all of LOINC" which has not been created in VSAC.
    Motion to approve tracker item as indicated in resolution - By Gay, Second Rob H
    Opposed: 0 Abstain: 0 For: 21 motion passes

     
  • PSS update for C-CDA on FHIR is requested by Rick. 
    At the work group meeting a number of minor changes were made to the project team and schedule.
    Motion to approve the changes to the project team and the schedule - By Lisa , Second Rick
    Opposed: 0 Abstain: 0 For: 25 motion passes
  • FHIR Tracker Items
  • Adjournment 11:58