The PSS creation process begins with the creation of a PSS in Confluence. The sponsoring Workgroup or project is responsible for creating the PSS in Confluence and then creating the JIRA issue. This starts the approval process (for more information on the approval process, see How to Review a Project Scope Statement in Jira)
The key components of this step include:
- Creation/Publication of the PSS in Confluence
- Creation of a JIRA issue related to the PSS
- Identification of groups to be included in the approval in JIRA
This process covers the PSS Creation portion of this flow.
- Create PSS in Confluence (Step-by-Step guide - Step 2-5)
- Highlight Project Name on PSS and create JIRA Issue "Project Scope Statement" (Step-by-Step guide - Step 6-7)
- Navigate to the JIRA Issue and edit, selecting the approving groups. (Step-by-Step guide - Step 8-10)
- Select "Start Approval" to begin the workflow. (Step-by-Step guide - Step 11)
- Reference Project Scope Statement Approvals in Jira for PSS Approval Status Overview
- Navigate to the Space and Page where you would like to create a Project Scope Statement.
- Select the ellipse at the top of the page next to the "Create" button.
- In the pop-up window, scroll down to create from template "HL7 Project Scope Statement Template - Static". Select it, and then click "Create" at the bottom right.
- Enter a Page Title for your New PSS (suggest using same name as Project) at Number 1 on image below. Enter Project name again on Number 2 on the image below.
- Finish filling out the Project Scope Statement template and select "Publish" at the bottom right of the page when complete.
PSS Pilot Start Here
- Once the page is Published, highlight the Project name from the Body of the page (DO NOT USE THE TITLE OF THE PAGE), and move your cursor slightly upward. A popup will appear with a triple arrow icon. This will create the issue in Jira to begin workflow
- Select "Project Scope Statement/Proposals" for the "Project" and "Project Scope Statement" for the "Issue Type" and then select "Create"
- A Jira Issue Macro will be visible, displaying a link to the Jira Issue you've just created. Select this link to move to Jira for finalization of setup for the approval process.
- Edit the Page (top left) to select Review Groups. NOTE: Issue Links section displays link to Confluence PSS you have just created.
- When "Editing" the Issue, make selections for Sponsoring Work Group (can be 1 and only 1 sponsor), Co-Sponsoring Workgroup(s) (if applicable) (select all that have expressed interest and all those who may be interested), US Realm (If applicable), Management Groups (all applicable for relevant standards), and Steering Division of the Sponsoring Workgroup. Select "Update" at the bottom right when done.
- Finally, Select "Start Review" to begin the Review Process. NOTE: Until this point you can make changes without notifications being sent out. Once you select "Start Review" any affiliated groups that you have selected will be notified.
Note: The approval of the Sponsoring Work Group will done as the first step in the Review Process (see How to Review a Project Scope Statement in Jira)