The Project Services Work Group supports the HL7 mission to create and promote its standards by providing the project management infrastructure and services in support of Work Group activities by:
- Tracking and reporting progress of all projects to the Technical Steering Committee (TSC) and other stakeholders:
HL7 Searchable Project Database
Projects. Ballots and Standards (PBS) Metrics
- Maintaining the HL7 Project Scope Statement template
- Maintaining the project approval process
- Providing tools and guidance to Work Groups in the areas of project quality assurance and project management
- Recruiting, educating and supporting project facilitators
- Assisting the TSC in coordinating, completing and documenting the HL7 architecture programs and projects
Work Products and Contributions to HL7 Processes
The Project Services Work Group develops project services and tracks all projects. This includes timely reporting of progress to the TSC and other stakeholders and assisting the TSC in determining how projects should be managed. The following items are owned and maintained by Project Services Work Group:
- The project life cycle process definition and all related documentation with input and direction provided by TSC, and the HL7 Project Management Office (PMO).
- The Project Scope Statement template with input and direction from the TSC, membership and the PMO.
- Provision of guidance to Work Groups regarding Quality Assurance /Quality Control.
The Project Services Work Group should:
- Publish statistics and project status each trimester prior to the Working Group Meeting (WGM)
- Provide assistance as requested to help Work Groups bring projects on track
- Provide guidance for PBS metrics to audit projects for compliance to HL7 project guidelines
- Provide training on project management and other aspects of the project development process:
Webinar: HL7 Project Management Tool Overview for HL7 Project Facilitators.
Formal Relationships With Other HL7 Groups
In addition to the joint effort in maintaining the project life cycle as indicated above, the Project Services Work Group will update Project Services processes through conscientious discussions with the TSC, Steering Division (SD) representative, Architectural Review Board (ArB), the HL7 PMO, and others as needed.
As part of the HL7 architecture program projects of the TSC and ArB, Project Services may develop, gather and/or document example artifacts to be included in future implementation guides. If creating the artifacts, Project Services will develop specifications using the principles and language of the Services Aware Interoperability Framework Canonical Definition(SAIF CD) and the restrictions and specializations of the HL7 SAIF Implementation Guide to ensure traceability from Conceptual to Logical to Implementable specifications.
Formal Relationship With Groups Outside of HL7
The Project Services Work Group provides support and assistance to other HL7 Work Groups and provides information to HL7 management to aid in management of HL7 initiatives. It has no formal relationships with groups outside of HL7.
Join the conference calls every other Thursday at 9 AM Eastern.
See schedule of upcoming calls at
Dial in: Phone Number: 770-657-9270 Participant Passcode: 281101
Recently Updated Pages
- No labels