HL7 PIC Meeting Minutes
Phone: +1 770-657-9270, Participant Code: 379807
Date: 2019 06 19
Sandy Stuart (Co-Chair)
Ken Rubin (Co-Chair)
Karen Van Hentenryck
Quest Diagnostics, Inc.
(mark x if on the conference call, or regrets)
(In this section, list those on the conference call)
(In this section, record attendee affiliation to identify preponderance of influence; indicate those guests that are not members of the WG.)
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes
- Agenda Review. Call for 6/05 was cancelled due to quorum issues. Agenda was reviewed. Wayne wants to add item around SGB work groups, particularly PIC, and their role in various projects. This should probably be an item for the WG discussion.
- Discuss DMP revisions/Tony Julian markup. Conduct voting as necessary. Rather than changing all wiki references to Confluence, add statement that the wiki HL7 currently uses is Confluence. In terms of agenda changes suggested by Tony, Wayne wondered if the main method may need to be a change page. Remove the reference to announcements at lunch as we don't usually do this. The document was updated and will be published. ACTION ITEM: Sandy will follow up with Tony Julian (who submitted the change request).
- Review DMP Notification clauses/options - see above
- Present candidate standardized briefing template for potential use at Co-Chairs dinner, etc - Ken reviewed a sample template used at his company. The template is a single slide, This would be used by presenters at the co-chair meeting on Monday night. In the future, we could ask WGs to create one prior to WGMs, as it would help newbies understand what the group is doing. Freida express concern about requiring co-chairs to publish one as co-chairs are already over burdened. Wayne suggests piloting with the TSC and he will ask some of the presenters at the co-chair meeting to use this format to see if if flies. Laurie note a similar template is used at X12 and WEDI. It was difficult to get started but now that they switched over, it is helpful. ACTION ITEM: Review on next call to make any modifications to the template for HL7 use.
2019-06-19 Quad Chart Example.pptx
- Review PIC's role and how HQ and CTO can more effectively interact with this committee. - ACTION ITEM: Add this topic to the next call.
- Review Action Items / Adjourn - Meeting adjourned at 3:58 pm ET
- Karen Van Hentenryck to publish updated DMPs