The Immunization DS Forecast sub group is organizing a joint Connectathon/Small Group Virtual Day to focus on verification of the latest published Immunization DS Forecast Implementation Guide published here: http://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/ImmunizationFHIRDS/index.html
Participation in the Connectathon is free and open to anyone in the immunization community including Immunization Information Systems (IIS) programs/vendors, Electronic Health Record (EHR) vendors, and Clinical Decision Support (CDS) vendors. All participants are expected to engage in pre-meetings and participate fully during the entire Connectathon. Participation must be indicated by July 17, and participants must attend at least one of the two pre-meetings being held on July 17 and July 24.
- July 17, 11am ET: Small Group Kickoff - Pre-meeting for Connectathon
- July 24, 11am ET: Preparation for Connectathon
- July 29, 2pm ET: Connectathon begins, continues through the end of business day local time, continues again in the morning
- July 30, 2pm ET: Connectathon concludes with demonstration of what was accomplished
This list is will be finalized on the Small Group Kickoff meeting on July 17.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- American Immunization Registry Association (AIRA)
What will be accomplished?
This Connecatathon will be conducted under the general structure of the AIRA Standards and Interoperability Steering Committee (SISC) Small Group rules which requires deliverables in three main areas:
|Guidance Document||Implementation guide has already been balloted and published. Additional comments will be collected and some planning will be done on future changes that might be completed.|
|Test Cases||There is interest in developing test cases, but this will depend on availability of participants to do this work.|
|Software Demonstrations||Verify that client and servers can implement the latest guide. This will be the primary focus of the Connectathon.|