Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Chair:  Craig Newman

Scribe: Laura Rappleye 


Attendees


Edit

Name

Affiliation

AbdulMalik Shakir Hi3 Solutions
Andrea Pitkus University of Wisconsin-Madison
Austin Kreisler Leidos
catherine staes university of utah
Chrissy Miner CDC
Cindy Bush CDC/NCHS
Craig Newman Altarum
Crystal Snare WA DOH
Daniel Rutz Epic
Danny Wise Allscripts
Devann Kirkpatrick TN Dept of Health
Erin Holt Coyne Tn Dept of Health
Genny Luensman CDC/NIOSH
Jim Jellison Public Health Informatics Institute
John Stamm Epic
Kathy Walsh LabCorp
Laura Rappleye Altarum
Melanie Epstein-Corbin CDPH
Mike Yaskanin Altarum
Riki Merrick Vernetzt, LLC / APHL
Sarah Gaunt Lantana Consulting Group
Will Rosenfeld IBM




Minutes Approved as Presented 

X

This is to approve minutes via general consent. "You have received the minutes. Are there any corrections to the minutes? (pause) Hearing none, if there are no objections, the minutes are approved as printed."


Agenda Topics

Agenda Outline

Agenda Item

Meeting Minutes from Discussion

1.Agenda Review and Minutes ApprovalMinutes approved by general consent
2.

Vital Records Domain Analysis Model - May 2020 Ballot Reconciliation - AMS

HL7_DAM_VR_R4_D1_2020MAY_ballot_comments.xls
  • Block 2 ballot reconciliation
  • Item 26 was pulled, there will be offline discussion over the listserv and continued discussion next week.
  • Motion to approve Block 2, AbdulMalik Shakir/Laura Rappleye 23-0-5
3.

CCRF update (Anita Walden) 

  • The CIC WG's Common Clinical Registry Framework(CCRF) FHIR project has defined data elements and plan to move to the technical phase.
  • They are interested in leveraging/learning from PH WG to move forward with functionality and exchange.  The Making EHR Data More Available for Research and Public Health (MedMorph) project was mentioned.
  • CCRF would like to collaborate with PH
  • CIC meets every other Wednesday if interested in learning more about the project
  • Anita was invited back in July to get a bit more information to give you a hand on what you are trying to accomplish
4.ODH updates (Genny Luensman) 
  • Several updates to the Occupational Data for Health were reported
    • The main update for the ODH FHIR dot release is the value set for supporting Occupation and Industry–see link provided
      • Will need to follow FHIR management process for dot releases
    • The V2 update involves OH2 Past or Present Job Segment and the OH3 Usual Work Segment–see link provided
      • V2, need to work with management group because it is part of the base standard

      • Craig will facilitate getting it to the V2 group
 5.

 HHS ELR requirements (Dan Rutz) 
https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/covid-19-laboratory-data-reporting-guidance.pdf

  • There is a group continuing to meet to clarify the new requirements
  • Discussion on which HL7 standard it should be included in, ELR or LRI
  • Could update LOI and LRI but not feasible, figure out best way to get elements in by Aug. 1

  • There is an LRI PSS open, ELR is adopted for MU, content absorbed in LRI as a profile, new LRI hasn't been adopted by regulation
  • ELR PSS was archived, question out if can resurrect, if not need to do LRI–Austin Kreisler will check

  • Any questions regarding pre-adopting LRI to meet requirements for COVID can be directed to Michael Waters.

Supporting Documents

Outline Reference

Supporting Document


Tasks

  •