- HL7 Project Scope Statement v2018.1_CoordinatedDAM_05.docx
- Project with the EHR workgroup- Imm Functional Profile and mapped to the Federal health Information Model
- PSS- Coordinated DAM, working with patient care with allergies and want to build a model for allergies and immunizations to demonstrate the reuse of the models and increase consistency
- Jan-May will bring the CIMI models and the FHIR profiles
- Frist cycle is to duplicate the IMM DAM and the Allergy DAM (put in enterprise Arch-ULM to harmonize to ID the overlap, and address the gaps), will map and gap the EHR-S functional model and the FHIM model with the DAM- will build an object model as opposed to an entity model (so looking at functions and tasks). Look at multiple context specific terminology bindings to make less ambiguous. Output will be a white paper that documents the results and summary of comments from the comment only ballot.
- Output will be given to PH to determine whether or not we would want to update the Imm DAM. Looking at the Harmonization potential
- From this, will plan to create FHIR profiles based on use cases ID’d in the existing DAMs, and update the models
- FHIM was mapped to the Imm DAM as a starting point
- Don’t expect radical changes; could possibly see additional data elements in the FHIM that the Imm DAM does not.
- Because the main focus of this is Immunizations, they are bringing to PH to determine whether or not we want to be a Sponsor. They would provide most of the work; while trying to collaborative.
- There was a concern that an uber RDAM would be created and that all DAMs would need to be mapped to it. However that was not the intent. Starting with specific use case. Attempting to figure out a map and gap process to help improve artifacts
- Imm is pretty closely aligned with the MedicationAdministration and MedicationStatement; these might be good candidates for harmonization between Jan and May
- complete DAM draft by 12/1/18
- Review and update by 12/15
- Ballot DAM for comment by 2018 Jan Ballot
- Revise DAMs based on ballot feedback 2/1/19 (For PH to review against the Imm DAM and determine what changes if any we would consider making
- The Project will be created as a project in Confluence; may use our confluence PH projects confluence page if we agree.
- Would like to go Universal, but they don’t currently have an international participant- this could cause a problem with the TSC…
- The FHIR Resource development would be a larger project and we would like to see a Medication DAM before we proceeded with resource development.
- The Product of this project is a white paper.
- Because of the cross domain nature of this project it seems like it might be more appropriate with CIC. It might be more appropriate for us to be a co-sponsor
- Could begin reviewing models and FHIR resources on Thursday Q1 (Steve to join PH if available)
Motion: Steve moves that PH be a co-sponsor of this project with a level of involvement of formal content review prior to ballot with monthly call updates.