Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

See Attendance Log

Monday 1 October 2018

Q3

Attendees

NameOrganizationCountryEmail
John HatemIndependent ConsultantUSjnhatem@gmail.com
Scott RobertsonKaiser PermanenteUSscott.m.robertson@kp.org
Daniel ZhangEpicUSdzhang@epic.com
Shelly SpiroPHITUSshelly@pharmacyhit.org
Jenni SyedCernerUSjenni.syed@cerner.com
Tom de JongHL7NLHLtom@nova-pro.nl
Melva PetersHL7 CanadaCAmelva@jennkerconsulting.com
Jean DuteauDDICAjean@duteaudesign.com
Julie JamesBluewave Informatics/HL7 UKUKjulie_james@bluewaveinformatics.co.uk
Svien KristansenHUIKTNLsvkris@helse-vestrit
Kevin OlbrichMcKessonUSkevin.olbrich@mckesson.com
Isabelle GibaudPHAST ServicesFRisabelle.gibaud@phast.fr


Agenda Topics

  • Finalize Agendas
  • Reps to other WGs
    • Tuesday Q2 - O&O
    • Tuesday Q4 - EHR
    • Tuesday Q4 - PC
    • Tuesday Q4 - PH
    • Thursday Q1 - PC
  • Assign Roles for Quarters
  • If we have new attendees, review
    • Overview of Pharmacy material - V2, V3, FHIR
    • Overview of Template work
  • Hot Topics
  • Approval of May 2018 WGM Minutes
  • Prep for Joint FHIR meeting

Supporting Documents

Pharmacy WGM Agenda - October 2018 - Baltimore

Approval of May 2018 WGM Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached

  • Introductions around the table
  • Agenda update
    • add Pharmacy Care Plan Update
  • Finalize Week Agenda review
    • Shelly's update on Tues Q1 (if no time today)
  • Reps to other WGs
    • Tuesday Q2 - O&O - Health Care Product - Jean will attend
    • Tuesday Q4 - EHR - Podiatry - John if PH doesn't need him
    • Tuesday Q4 - PC - Negation - Jean will be there
    • Tuesday Q4 - PH - confirm if needed - John
    • Thursday Q1 - PC - Care Plans - Shelly doing update on Pharmacy Care Plan
  • Assign Roles for Quarters
  • If we have new attendees, review
    • Overview of Pharmacy material - V2, V3, 
      • FHIR
        • 5 defined, 1 proposed (MedicationKnowledge)
        • Medication 
          • resource review
        • MedicationRequest (the order/prescription)
          • could be an order / prescription / plan / instance-order
          • resource review, highlighting recent changes
          • ReasonForDiscontinuation of medication were recently added to SNOMED.  Shelly will forward the ReasonForDiscontinuation valueset to Pharmacy
        • MedicationDispense
          • resource review, highlighting recent changes
        • MedicationAdministration
        • MedicationStatement
          • resource review, highlighting recent changes
          • records usage of a medication
          • could be reported by care provider, patient ... anybody
          • may be more changes coming up
        • MedicationKnowledge (Draft)
          • not a formulary
          • describes the static information regarding the medication
    • Overview of Template work
  • Pharmacy Care Plan Update - Shelly (or Tues Q1
  • Hot Topics
  • Approval of May 2018 WGM Minutes
    • M/S Tom/Daniel to accept minutes - 6-5-0

Action Items

  • Shelly will forward the ReasonForDiscontinuation valueset to Pharmacy (gForge 19104)

Q4

Attendees

NameOrganizationCountryEmail
Jean DuteauHL7 CanadaCAjean@duteaudesign.com
Melva Peters (Chair and Scribe)HL7 CanadaCAmelva@jenakerconsulting.com
John HatemIndependent ConsultantUSjnhatem@gmail.com
Hugh GloverBlue WaveUKHugh_glover@bluewaveinformatics.co.uk
Julie JamesBluewave Informatics/HL7 UKUKjulie_james@bluewaveinformatics.co.uk
Rik SmithiesHL7 UKUKrik@nprogram@co.uk
Jenni SyedCernerUSjenni.syed@cerner.com
Larry CallahanFDAUSlawrence.calahan@fda.hhs.gov
Panagiotis TelonisEMAITpanagiotis.telonis@ema.europa.eu
Ronny AndersonHL7 NorwayNOrona@ihelse.net
Tonl ReitzHL7 NorwayNOtonl.ormberg.reitz@helse-uest-ikt.no
Jose GalvezNIHUSJose.gavez@nih.gov
W GregoryPfizerUSgregow@pfizer.com
Christi DenneyEli LillyUSchristi_d@lilly.com
Edward HeltonNCIUSedward.helton@nih.gov
Myron FinsethMedtronicUSmyron.finseth@medtronic.com
Virginia HussongFDA/CBERUSvirginia.hussong@fda.hhs.gov
Ron FitzmartinFDAUSronald.fitzmartin@fda.hhs.gov
Ta-Jen ChenFDAUSta-jen.chen@fda.hhs.gov
Boris BrodskyFDAUSboris.brodsky@fda.hhs.gov
Shifu ZhaoFDAUSshifu.zhao@fda.hhs.gov
Bertil ReppenHL7 NorwayNOvertil@aperturn.uo
Espen S SelandHL7 NorwayNOespen.otranger.seland@ehelse.no
Andy IversenMedtronicUSAndy.iversen@medtronic.com
Stuart NelsonUniversity of New MexicoUS

Agenda Topics

  • Work on IDMP and MedicationKnowledge resources
  • Work on Medication Logical Model

Supporting Documents

Pharmacy WGM Agenda - October 2018 - Baltimore

Minutes/Conclusions Reached

  • Review of common model and discussion
  • Need to determine if:
    • we need separate resources and why and what are the criteria (need assurances that new requirements will not come forward) OR 
    • we can develop a common "medicationKnowledgeDefinition" resource that would then be profiled (e.g. IDMP on FHIR)

Action Items

Tuesday 2 October 2018

Q1

Attendees

NameOrganizationCountryEmail
John HatemIndependent ConsultantUSjnhatem@hotmail.com
Scott RobertsonKaiser PermanenteUSscott.m.robertson@kp.org
Jenni SyedCernerUSjenni.syed@cerner.com
Jean DuteauHL7 CanadaCAjean@duteaudesign.com
Stephen Chu
AUchuscmi88@gmail.com
Daniel ZhangEpicUSdzhang@epic.com
John KlimekNCPDPUSjklimek@ncpdp.org
Tim McNeilSureScriptUStim.mcneil@surescript.com
Isabelle GibaudPhast / HL7 FranceFRisabelle.gibaud@phast.fr
Michael TanNICTIZNLtan@nictiz.nl
Marc DuteauIndependent ConsultantUSmarc@duteaudesign.com
Bertil ReppenAperturaNObertil@apertura.no


Agenda Topics

  • Work on MedicationKnowledge resources
  • Work on Medication Logical Model

Supporting Documents

Pharmacy WGM Agenda - October 2018 - Baltimore

Minutes/Conclusions Reached

  • Jean D discussed Medication Knowledge next steps
    • medication logical model was displayed 
    • one of the discussions focused on reaching out to vendors who have medication knowledge e.g. FDB, Multum, Medispan, Australia interest, EU interest
    • current use cases focused on the medication knowledge that would support medication items on a formulary, drug knowledge that a consumer or patient may drill down to or drug knowledge that supports medication knowledge vendors as listed above e.g. FDB, etc. 
  • Jean and Melva will continue to work on the Medication Knowledge logical model/resource 
    • the logical model/draft resource will continue to be discussed on our conference calls per agenda

Action Items

  • Attend NCPDP workgroup 2 to meet up with Medication knowledge vendors e.g. FDB, Multum, Medispan, etc. Obain details for this meeting from Scott Robertson or Tim McNeil Meeting details:  November, 2018 in CharlotteJean Duteau 
  • Identify who contacts are for collecting requirements for Australia and EMA related to Medication Knowledge Michael Tan will provide some contacts for EMA.  Who will provide contacts for Australia?

Q2

Attendees

NameOrganizationCountryEmail
John HatemIndependent ConsultantUSjnhatem@gmail.com
Scott RobertsonKaiser PermanenteUSscott.m.robertson@kp.org
Daniel ZhangEpicUSdzhang@epic.com
Tim McNeilSureScriptUStim.mcneil@surescript.com
John KlimekNCPDPUSjklimek@ncpdp.org
Isabelle GibaudPhast / HL7 FranceFRisabelle.gibaud@phast.fr
James AgnewSmile CDRUSjamesagnew@gmail.com
Ewout KremerFirelyNLe.kramer@fire.ly
Richard EttemaAegusUSRichard.etttema@aegus.net
Jenni SyedCernerUSjenni.syed@cerner.com
Espen S. SelandHL7 NorwayNOespen.stranger.seland@chelse.no
Ronny H. AndersenHL7 NorwayNOrona@ihelse.net

Agenda Topics

Supporting Documents

Pharmacy WGM Agenda - October 2018 - Baltimore

Minutes/Conclusions Reached

  • Reviewed FHIR ballot prep dates (from Lloyd M slides) with Ewout in the room.  No issues identified. 
  • Reviewed gforge tracker items ( query for pharmacy, with a ballot weight = Negative-major and status= any open) this query resulted in 6 items that we must fix/resolve OR defer to R5
    • Note that 18834 and 18835 tracker items seem to be duplicates
  • What will we target for January WGM meeting?  
    • focus again on whether any of our resources will be Normative
    • continue work on Medication Knowledge - Medicinal Product alignment work - none of which were discussed in this quarter
  • Ewout asked if all parties who need to be aware of the migration of artifacts from current location to the new location attended the meeting where this discussion started.  It was stated that both Melva and Jean D attended this meeting.  
  • No other issues or discussions related to Pharmacy resources came up. 
  • Separate discussion by Tom de on a non Pharmacy specific topic related to ids. 
  • Meeting adjourned early 

Action Items

Q3

Attendees

NameOrganizationCountryEmail
John HatemIndependent ConsultantUSjnhatem@gmail.com
Scott RobertsonKaiser PermanenteUSscott.m.robertson@kp.org
Daniel ZhangEpicUSdzhang@epic.com
Tom de JongHL7NLNLtom@nova-pro.nl
Jenni SyedCernerUSjenni.syed@cerner.com
Shelly ApiroPHITUSshelly@pharmacyhit.org

Agenda Topics

  • FHIR tracker items
  • Pharmacist eCare Plan  report 

Supporting Documents

Pharmacy WGM Agenda - October 2018 - Baltimore

Minutes/Conclusions Reached

  • FHIR Tracker Items
    • Tracker items were discussed - see gForge for details
    • 19108 Shelly/Daniel   Passed: 4-0-0
    • 18835 duplicate of 18834
    • 18834 Jenni/Shelly     Passed: 4-0-0
    • 18166 JohnH/Shelly   Passed: 4-0-0
    • 18865 John H/ Jenni  Passed: 4-0-1
  • Pharmacy eCare Plan report per Shelly Spiro
    • all of the work is progressing well. The only hold up is getting it to STU on FHIR 4. Current work is on an older version of FHIR ( 2 or 3)
    • moving towards a May 2019 ballot
    • linking value sets that contain identified SNOMED CT codes to constrain it for quality measures

Action Items

Q4

Attendees

NameOrganizationCountryEmail
John HatemIndependent ConsultantUSjnhatem@gmail.com
Scott RobertsonKaiser PermanenteUSscott.m.robertson@kp.org
Daniel ZhangEpicUSdzhang@epic.com
Tim McNeilSureScriptUStim.mcneil@surescript.com
Jenni SyedCernerUSjenni.syed@cerner.com
Shelly ApiroPHITUSshelly@pharmacyhit.org


Agenda Topics

  • FHIR tracker items
  • Patient/Practitioner preferences - not discussed. 

Supporting Documents

Pharmacy WGM Agenda - October 2018 - Baltimore

Minutes/Conclusions Reached

  • FHIR tracker items
    • 18863 we updated tracker with a comment including our suggestions for how to address this issue. 
    • 18862 Shelly/JohnH  Passed: 4-0-1
    • 18163 this ended up with a large discussion about contraindications, drug-drug, drug-food interactions and the use of DetectedIssue  in Medication Knowledge.

Action Items

  • follow up with Stephen Chu regarding our issues in tracker 18863
  • identify the name of the element that Julie had suggested we use in Medication Request?  Melva Peters Is this the same as the our currently named MedicationRequest.category?

Wednesday 3 October 2018

Q1

Attendees

NameOrganizationCountryEmail
Melva Peters (Chair and Scribe)HL7 CanadaCAmelva@jenakerconsulting.com
Scott RobertsonKaiser PermanenteUSScott.m.robertson@kp.org
Daniel ZhangEpicUSdzhang@epic.com
Tony SchuethPOCPUStonys@pocp.com
Tim McneilSurescriptsUSTim.mcneil@surescripts.com
John Hatem
USJnhatem@gmail.com
Jean DuteauDDIUSjean@duteaudesign.com

Agenda Topics

Supporting Documents

Pharmacy WGM Agenda - October 2018 - Baltimore

Minutes/Conclusions Reached

  • Schedule for Conference calls
    • Will continue to meet Monday at 4pm Eastern
  • DMP
    • Motion by Scott/Jean to accept the default DMP with no changes - 7/0/0
  • M&C - reviewed and updated.  Motion to accept changed M&C - Jean/Tony - 7/0/0
    • Mission
      • The Pharmacy Work Group (WG) will assure that the HL7 content concerning medication-related information addresses all of the requirements of stakeholders.  This includes processes such as prescribing/ordering, dispensing/supplying, and administering/using medication as well as the identification of medications. The Pharmacy WG will create and maintain a set of artifacts to support these activities.
    • Charter
      • Work Products and Contributions to HL7 Processes
        • This WG provides a forum for all stakeholders concerned with clinical content related to medication information. The WG will also work with and provide medication content guidance/recommendations to other WGs. The Pharmacy WG will take into account the experience of groups outside of HL7 e.g. Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) Pharmacy and ISO TC215 Work Group 6, and NCPDP. Stakeholders include pharmacists, physicians and other clinicians, healthcare technology experts, vendors, regulators, healthcare strategic organizations e.g. Dutch National ICT Institute for Healthcare (Nictiz), Office of the National Coordinator (ONC), Canada Health Infoway, and Australian Digital Health Agency.
        • The Work Group will develop specifications using the principles and language of the Services Aware Interoperability Framework (SAIF) Canonical Definition (CD).
      • Formal Relationships With Other HL7 Groups
        • Clinical Steering Division
        • Orders & Observations
        • Patient Care
        • Public Health
        • Biomedical Research and Regulation
        • Structured Documents
        • FHIR-I
        • Electronic Health Records (EHR)
        • Clinical Decision Support
    • Formal Relationship With Groups Outside of HL7
      • The WG will develop relations with appropriate national and standards bodies subject to the approval of the HL7 Board.The WG has informal relationships with the following groups outside of HL7:
        • ISO TC215 Workgroup 6
        • IHE Pharmacy
        • NCPDP
  • SWOT

    • Updated SWOT
    • Motion to accept updated SWOT - John/Jean:  7/0/0

Motion to reaffirm the 3 Version 3 standards - Jean/John - 7/0/0

  • Forward Planning
    • Project coming forward from SOA - mapping
  • Project Review
    • See updates
  • 3 year plan review
    • See updates in Project Review
  • Action Item list review
    • no work done

Action Items

Q2 - Joint Meeting with Structured Documents

Attendees

NameOrganizationCountryEmail
Melva Peters (Chair and scribe)HL7 CanadaCAmelva@jenakerconsulting.com
Sean McIvennaLantanaUSSean.mcilvenna@lantanagroup.com
John Hatem
USjnhatem@gmail.com
Michael CliftonEpicUSmclifton@epic.com
Benjamin FlessnerRedoxUSBenjamin@redoxengine.com
Calvin BeebeMayoUScbeebe@mayo.edu
Daniel PollockCDCUSdap1@cdc.gov
Divya ChandrasekauFDBUSdchandrasekau@fdbhealth.com
Matthew GreeneVAUSMatthew.greene2@va.gov
Jean DuteauDDIUSjean@duteaudesign.com
John KlimekNCPDPUSjklimek@ncpdp.org
Daniel ZhangEpicUSdzhang@epic.com
George DixonAllscriptsUSgeorge.dixon@allscripts.com
Steve FineCernerUSsfine@cerner.com
Andrew StatlerCernerUSastatler@cerner.com

Agenda Topics

  • Pharmacy Universal Templates
  • Ballot reconciliation (in person requests)
  • FHIR ballot reconciliation

Supporting Documents

Pharmacy WGM Agenda - October 2018 - Baltimore

CONSOLIDATED Ballotcomments_CDAR2_IG_PHARM_TEMPLATES_R1_D1_2018MAY.xls

Minutes/Conclusions Reached

  • Pharmacy Universal Templates
    • Discussion of how the Pharmacy Template project was developed
    • Name space - need to discuss how to manage multiple name spaces - for these templates have used urn:hl7-org:pharm
      • Structured Documents should review this
    • Publishing Format - need to refer to the CDA Management group - adherence to publication norm
    • Requirement for full sample file - discuss with CDA Management Group
    • Mapping - might be a useful activity
    • Ballot comment #57 - need to review and update the scope.  It is not correct at the moment
    • Come to SD Q2 tomorrow at start of the agenda
  • Ballot reconciliation - FHIR

Action Items

  • Melva Peters add comment for CCDA update to consider use of the Pharmacy templates if an update is done
  • Melva Peters do a presentation to International Council to get the word out
  • Melva Peters Review publishing format with CDA Management Group - send request
  • Melva Peters Requirement for full sample file - discuss with CDA Management Group - send request
  • Melva Peters send copy of spec to Calvin
  • John Hatem to discuss "declined" status with workflow

Q3 - Joint with CQI (CQI hosting) - Notes

Review of PDDI Project

Q4

Agenda Topics

  • Update on Medication concepts in SNOMED CT (Julie)
  • FHIR Tracker Items

Supporting Documents

Pharmacy WGM Agenda - October 2018 - Baltimore

Minutes/Conclusions Reached

  • Update on Medication concepts in SNOMED CT (Julie)
    • 3 tracker items have been added as a result of the discussion
  • FHIR Tracker Items
    • See updated tracker items

Action Items

Thursday 4 October 2018

Q1

Agenda Topics

  • MedicationKnowledge resource

Supporting Documents

Pharmacy WGM Agenda - October 2018 - Baltimore

Minutes/Conclusions Reached

  • MedicationKnowledge resource
    • Review of Meducation from FDB - uses FHIR but not sure what resources
    • CDS is interested in using MedicationKnowledge
    • Need to reach out to WoltersKluwer about MedKnowledge
    • Presentation to NCPDP - use case for MedicationKnowledge
      • looking for participation in development of use case and content requirements
    • Lloyd and Jean reaching out to DrugBank.ca
    • Joint meeting with BR&R outcome
      • Intent is that there are 1 resource in FHIR for concepts, but Medication may not fit this model - may not make sense to do this
      • need to define the business case for why there is multiple resources for medication-related resources
      • need to determine how the medication resource works
      • Need to have a common language - terms are different between IDMP and pharmacy side
        • need to clearly deliniate  
    • Need to work on
      • Business Case
      • Finish the common medication logical model - Jean/Melva
      • Work on definitions/terms in the model
      • Finish mapping
      • Finish requirements document

Action Items

  • Divya will take this back to FDB to see if there is interest 
  • Divya will check to see what FDB has implemented in Meducation
  • Melva Peters reach out to WoltersKluwer via Marla and Howard Strasberg
  • Melva Peters to schedule joint meeting with CDS in San Antonio
  • Melva Peters reach out to Pharma to explore MedicationKnowledge
  • Melva Peters Jean Duteau to finish common medication model

Q2

Attendees

NameOrganizationCountryEmail




























Agenda Topics

  • FHIR - Medication Knowledge Review
  • FHIR Tracker items

Supporting Documents

Pharmacy WGM Agenda - October 2018 - Baltimore

Minutes/Conclusions Reached

  • Reviewed Medication Knowledge by Jean Duteau
    • discussion  covered topics related to business case for the resources and the options that may exist e.g. one resource and profiling vs three resources or other alternatives.  
  • Structured Document / Templates report from Melva
    • several issues were close, a few items will require follow up e.g. Gay D
  • FHIR tracker items see gForge for details
    • 12397 Melva/Tom Passed  Vote: 7-0-1
    • 17769 Melva/Tim Passed  Vote: 8-0-0
    • 17411 Jean/Melva Passed Vote: 6-0-0

Action Items

  • Melva Peters Melva to contact Kai regarding template questions 

Q3

Attendees

NameOrganizationCountryEmail




























Agenda Topics

Supporting Documents

Pharmacy WGM Agenda - October 2018 - Baltimore

Minutes/Conclusions Reached

  • 17169  discussion notes from FHIR-I meeting.  

Action Items

Q4

Attendees

NameOrganizationCountryEmail




























Agenda Topics

Supporting Documents

Pharmacy WGM Agenda - October 2018 - Baltimore

Minutes/Conclusions Reached

  • dental interoperability project report
    • dental storyboards see- Dental Interop
    • review material that will go into a white paper
    • ask is will pharmacy be an interested party to review the white paper and see if there are Pharmacy requirements in the document
  • 17169 see gForge for details
    • FHIR-I does not approve of the addition of "reported" to Request.intent
    • Option to use Tag was determined to not solve the issue
    • Pharmacy will add two new elements to indicate the medication request was 'reported' and the 'information source' indicating who reported the medication information
      • a new tracker item was be created to implement these new elements - 
      • 19313 Motion by: Jenni/Danielle F  Passed Vote: 6-0-0
    • We reviewed 15105 as part of making changes to the Medication Request resource.  See follow up notes in the tracker item. 

Action Items

  • No labels

1 Comment