Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Link to August 20, 2018 meeting notes on Wiki

Dial-in Number

Web session


Melva Peters (Chair/Scribe)Jenaker Consulting/HL7 Canada
Peter SergentHL7 New Zealand
Scott RobertsonKaiser Permanente
John Hatem
Jean DuteauDuteau Design/HL7 Canada

Agenda Items and Notes

Outstanding Action Item List

Patient/Practitioner Preferences

  • Pharmacy agreed to evaluate how patient and practitioner preferences fit into our current resources.
  • Patient Care agreed to continue their work and modeling of preferences and pharmacy will provide input on how patient and practitioner preferences may be accomplished. In addition pharmacy will provide input into where and how the preferences will be used with existing pharmacy resources.
  • August 27, 2018:  can work on in Baltimore

Pharmacy List Topic

  • August 27, 2018: no postings

Use of Confluence

  • Have moved over to using Confluence effective August 22, 2018
  • August 27, 2018: 



  • John Hatem will create a tracker item to make changes as proposed by the review - exemplar value sets

Medication Knowledge Resource

  • 16095 - Changes to MedicationKnowledge
    • Melva Peters to schedule a call with Grahame and Lloyd about next steps

Medication Resource

  • Previous discussion:
    • on the Zulip chat - how to reflect an instance of a medication - Medication resource does not have an identifier - intentionally left out - not part of the 80/20 - would use a code
    • need to answer the question about why there is no identifier on medication - identifies an instance of a "thing" - we have a code (which identifies the "kind" of thing)
    • use case - may be for a "bar code" on an IV bag - 
    • we have "serial number" in the batch attribute - could we change the name to "identifier"
    • Discussion of identifier and serial number - consider moving serial number to an identifier and changing data type and move up to top level - discuss with implementers before making change

Gforge Trackers - Link to Gforge Tracker

Triaged Trackers

  • 17680 - MedicationRequest.intent over-constrained
    • See update in Gforge
  • 17637 - New attributes compound code/phamacy service type/packaging indicator
    • need to get more information on how these will be used
  • 17411 - Add category to allow representation of Therapeutic category
  • Melva Peters to invite John Silva to join Pharmacy call to discuss
  • 17375 - Medication.quantity refers to "package" and "packaged product"
    • Previous discussion: 
      • need to update the definition - 
      • change the Ingredient.amount - to medication.ingredient.strength - need to update the definition to clarify
      • update the usage notes for medication.amount - update definition - update how used with strength
      • continue discussion next week when Jean is on call - potential change to datatype on amount
    • August 27, 2018: 
      • See update in Gforge
  • 17222 - Support for Medical Gases
  • Melva Peters reach out to Anesthesia Co-Chairs to get material for review
  • 16042 - Add attribute to indicate type of drug
    • Previous discussion:
      • part of MedicationKnowledge and formulary
      • for incident reporting - could use AdverseEvent - references medication, medicationAdministration, MedicationStatement
        • Patient Care is debating whether instance is intending to be a specific instance or a more generic definition - GF#13698
        • continue the discussion for this tracker as part of MedicationKnowledge
      • August 27, 2018: 
        • See update in Gforge
  • 15800 - Scope and description for MedicationStatement
    • Discuss in the context of GF #15105
  • 15509 - Example scenarios
    • Waiting for direction from Workflow
  • 15105 - MedicationStatement.status (and taken)
    • waiting for direction - Zulip chat created 
  • 12396 - Medication package and product

Catalogue Project

  • August 27, 2018: Meeting was held last week - all based on publication of entryDefinition resource - clean up on scope and overview
    • need to understand how the Library resource fits within entryDefinition

Updates from Workflow

  • August 27, 2018: discussion about the use of "entered in error" - no changes proposed
    • status definitions will need to be updated - waiting for publication of the changes
    • instantiates - need canonical rather than uri
    • Jean Duteau to followup on the addition for a tracker item related to instantiates

Pharmacy Templates

PDMP Ballot

  • Previous discussion:  Brett to complete updates by end of August

Any Other Business

  • September 3rd meeting - cancelled due to Labour Day

Next meeting

  •  September 10, 2018 at 4pm Eastern
  • No labels