Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Quorum Requirements (Chair +4 SD Reps for "decision making") or (Chair +3 SD Reps for "direction setting") Met: Yes

AttendeeNameAffiliation
regretsAndy StechishinHL7 T3SD Co-Chair
×Sandy StuartHL7 T3SD Co-Chair

Diego KaminkerEducation
×Virginia Lorenzi (Board Report)Education

Fernando CamposEducation
×David Burgess (Board Report)Electronic Services & Tools

Nat WongElectronic Services & Tools

Michael Van der ZelElectronic Services & Tools
×Brian PechElectronic Services & Tools

Laura Heermann LangfordHealthcare Standards Integration

Diego KaminkerInternational Mentoring
×John Ritter (Board Report)International Mentoring

Liora Alschuler (Board Report)Process Improvement
×Sandy StuartProcess Improvement
×Rick Haddorff (Board Report)Project Services
×Freida HallProject Services
×Brian PechPublishing
×Pete GilbertPublishing
×Dave Hamill (non voting)HL7 PMO Office

Meeting Admin

  1. Roll Call –
  2. Approve Agenda -
    • Virginia/John - affirmed
  3. Approve Meeting Minutes - December 11January 15
    • Freida - by affirmation
  4. Motion required to either retain or remove Andy as a co-chair
    • With Andy missing the last four consecutive face-to-face meetings, the group in attendance needs to formally reconfirm Andy in his co-chair position or vote to remove Andy and then select a new interim co-chair to replace him.
    • Motion: Freida/John For: 8 Against: 0 Abstain: 0
  5. Discussion of Teleconference times and meeting dates
    • Suggested dates to meet next cycle: March 12 and April 16 - agreed by group present
  6. Steering Division Topics
    • Steering Division name change - Organizational Support
    • Education – Should be structured as Advisory as it has been for a few months. Board decision last summer was to make Advisory, and Education at corporate is partner to help with funding for education. Still have co-chairs and elections, bi-weekly meetings. Remain in this steering group.
    • Electronic Services and Tools - Need more bodies and support – remain as is.
    • Healthcare Standards Integration – Projects proposed but they don’t do projects. Too much for just one active co-chair. Meeting this week and will look at scope and what projects should be shepherded. Ihe is the main contributor for need.
    • International Mentoring – Not a problem to support International Affiliates, but the focus of the IM WG is to get new affiliates, not work within an affiliate. Wants to remain in the SD.
    • Process Improvement – stays as is
    • Project Services – stays as is
    • Publishing – Stays – stays as is
    • Advisory committees do not do work, no projects, only submit comments on an as-requested basis. Advisory committees have no ownership of the space, no need for DMP or formal minutes – According to Dave Hamill (HL7 Staff) – Advisory groups can do projects, DMP and formal minutes.
    • Board Reports - do we need them?
      • Motion: Ask Austin to advise Board to discontinue unless they deem it necessary. Freida/Brian – unanimous
  7. Work Group Updates
    • Education
      • Into planning this year and next year plans.
    • Electronic Services & Tools
      • Supporting Jira and Confluence.
    • Healthcare Standards Integration
      • Notes above
    • International Mentoring
      • Review PSS for Africa outreach – AMS to see if International Council will take it.
    • Process Improvement
      • Co-chair challenges – We are not meeting in Germany.
    • Project Services
      • Finishing up Lifecycycle ballot and diagram. Project approvals with 2018 PSS update.
    • Publishing
      • Working on the new Publishing Governance group
      • DMP needs review
      • Needs to review project that are not moving.
    • Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Management (Liaison, Brian Pech)
      • 9 – 10 ballots ready for normative and 2 or 3 not ready. Not sure they can get to level 5 by September is suspect.
      • Healthcare devices is seeing uptick with FHIR.
    • Product Line Architecture (Liaison, Brian Pech)
      • CDA MGT running, CIMI forming, adding V2 for PLA. in process.
  8. Work Group Health
    • Some of the metrics don’t make sense. Sandy to talk to Anne.
  9. TSC meeting Report
    • Membership of the Groups in this SD was main topic to share.
  10. New Business
    • 3 year plan not on agenda – TSC will be reviewing need.
  11. Meeting adjourned at 8:10 pm local