Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Time: 1 -2 PM EDT

Coordinates:

  • #FreeConference: Ord
  • +1 515 606 5332
  • Access Code: 294586#

Attendees:



Name

Organization

1

JD NolenMercy Children's Hospital

2

Freida HallQuest Diagnostics

3

Marti VelezisSonrisa / FDA

4

Seth BlumenthalAMA

5

Kathy WalshLabCorp

6

Becky GradlAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics

7

Rob HausamHausam Consulting

8

Ralf HerzogRoche
9Riki MerrickVernetzt, LLC / APHL
10Yanyan Hung
11Kirt SchaperNMDP
12Mike WatersFDA
13Lorraine ConstableConstable Consulting
14Dan RutzEpic
15Craig NewmanAltarum
16Susan MatneyIntermountain Healthcare
17Nathan DavisIntermountain Healthcare
18Stan HuffIntermountain Healthcare


Co-Chair:  JD Nolen

Scribe: Riki Merrick

Agenda:

  • Agenda Review - 

  • Minutes
    • December 19, 2019
      • Motion to approve as updated Kathy Walsh, Riki Merrick, no further discussion, against:0, abstain: 3, in favor: 6
    • January 2, 2020
      • Motion to approve as updated Kathy Walsh, Riki Merrick, no further discussion, against:0, abstain: 2, in favor: 7


  • eDOS/LOI/LRI STU
    • eDOS -http://www.hl7.org/dstucomments/showdetail.cfm?dstuid=225
      • #1692 – need to research the LOINC for Sex and if in correct AOE table location (should be messaged elsewhere) 
        • https://loinc.org/46098-0/ - this is defined as the biological sex, Definition for PID-8 is: "This field contains the patient's sex." so this LOINC should be listed in the "to be messaged elsewhere section
        • https://loinc.org/80581-2/ = Specimen incubation date and time range^LN
        • https://loinc.org/88636-6/ = Known exposure
        • https://loinc.org/86955-2/ = Preliminary testing affected submission for further testing Specimen - this LOINC name is misleading, as it uses the word preliminary, which is used to define results that are not yet finalized for tests that take a long time, but need intermediate reporting like cultures of slow growing organisms - that is not what is meant here: This is intended to identify if a result from testing the specimen prior to submission to the lab, e.g. using a rapid test for Influenza, had any influence on its submission to the lab (for example only rapid test positive specimen will be sent to the lab) - Ulrike Merrickto work with Regenstrief to get this updated
        • https://loinc.org/86952-9/ = Preliminary testing done - this LOINC name is misleading, as it uses the word preliminary, which is used to define results that are not yet finalized for tests that take a long time, but need intermediate reporting like cultures of slow growing organisms - that is not what is meant here: This is intended to identify the specimen was already tested prior to submission to the lab, e.g. using a rapid test for Influenza - Ulrike Merrickto work with Regenstrief to get this updated
        • https://loinc.org/86953-7/ = Preliminary testing result Specimen (in an order message that should probably be included in the prior results section of the order as OBX, which should give you the proper LOINC of the performed test as well as the performing lab, BUT in a result message we don't have that as an option) - can we discuss what comment we may want to add for this table  Ulrike Merrickto work with Regenstrief to get the LOINC name updated and then we need to decide, if we want to allow these and where in eDOS to place these
        • https://loinc.org/81744-5/ = Submitter's laboratory test method [Type] in Specimen (similar discussion as for 86953-7)
        • https://loinc.org/81658-7/ = Suspected organism [Identifier] in Unspecified specimen
    • Discussion:
      • Freida changed her comment for the 46798-0 – this should not be mapped to PID-8;
      • Pull the 3 that need work with Regenstrief (86955-286952-986953-7) and have Ulrike Merrick follow up with Regenstrief, then make a new STU comment for them
      • Maybe pull the Appendix A out instead, so that vocabulary for AOEs is more visible to encourage reuse in other HL7 specifications (across product families)
        • would we need a new PSS for that Ulrike Merrickto check with Dave Hamil
      • STU review vs re-ballot
        • Evaluation is based on a combination of breadth of user-base and magnitude of changes, if ballot is required
        • Ballot would give more visibility
        • We already have projects for all 3, so should be able to ballot in May, as long as we make the NIB deadline
        • If we pull the Appendix A out, that would be a change in the document, but not for the wire format
      • Motion to
        • pull 86955-286952-986953-7 from this comment
        • and move 46098-0 to the full AOE list, not in the table with 'terms to be messaged elsewhere'
        • Riki Merrick, Lorraine Constable, further discussion: Clarification on how to treat 46098-0: move it from the table without LOINCs to Table 9.1 AOEs with LOINCs, against: 0, abstain: 5, in favor: 9
        • Ulrike Merrick to update the STU comment with the resolution


  • Sydney WGM 
    • OO WGM Agenda - 202002
    • Co-Chairs to list availability:
      • Riki, Lorraine, Ralf, Rob H, Hans,
      • Not: JD, David
      • Maybe: Patrick
    • Tuesday
      • Q1: Administrivia
      • Q2: Ballot reconciliation for the informative documents
      • Q4: validate if FHIR-I still hosting workflow - Lorraine Constable to clarify before next call
    • Wed Q4:
      • Diagnostic report nested sections
    • Friday
    • OO WGM 202002 Attendance Log
      • Please indicate, if you are attending 


  • Implantable Device V3 specification Re-affirmation question from Dan
    • came via email:  
      • HL7 Version 3 Standard: Implantable Device Cardiac - Follow-up Device Summary, Release 2) this January 2020 cycle, and I have some questions:

        • Where is it?  I can’t find the actual standard.  The Ballot Desktop just has a PDF blurb that says it’s a reaffirmation, but no actual content or link to it.  I also searched the main standards list and found a Product Brief which also doesn’t reference any actual content.
        • What is it?  It doesn’t appear to be related to the CARD IHE IDCO spec (based on v2 ORUs) which is the main thing at least we see in the wild, so does anyone use it that we should be aware of?  Our IHE IDCO rep asked around and only one person there seemed to know anything, but you would be a good person to check wtih
        • Also, where did it come from?  Apparently published in 2013, so it’s basically in parallel to IDCO?  Why did the two projects end up going different directions?
        • Also, who owns it?  The product brief lists both HCD & OO but I’ve never heard about it so I’m not sure what we should do with it.
    •  Lynn sent link to web edition: http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/private/standards/v3/edition_web/welcome/environment/index.html
    • Lorraine sent a note to Lynn to add to product brief and ballot listing
    • Last re-affirmation had feedback from FDA on this
      • Mike does not know any details on this topic
      • Marti Velezis to send note to list serve, if she finds out anything about usage before next call


  • CIMI (last 20 minutes)
    • Body location landmark
      •  models.opencimi.org/ig
      • http://models.opencimi.org/ig/skin-and-wound-fhir-profiles/StructureDefinition-BodyLocationExt-definitions.html
        • Includes description
        • Clock face orientation and distance
        • Often used in Radiology (nipple)
        • Podiatry uses bones (parts or entire bone)
        • Why not use the BodyStructure resource?
          • Is another way of describing the condition associated with the bodyLocation – because CIMI thinks the main focus is the morphologicAbnormality
          • Using observation instead in this extension
          • CIMI had made request to create a datatype for bodyLocation
            • We had discussions about that years ago and came to the conclusion to support the resource to enable tracking of bodyStructures over time (e.g. a specific mole over time, when surveilling for cancer)
          • Could this same landmark extension be added to the bodyStructure resource instead?
          • If we do that, then we still need to make changes to observation to allow bodySite to be a choice of codeable concept or reference to the updated bodyStructure resource - @Nathan to submit a change request for this on observation as well as for device
    • VitalSings project
    • #1539 = Lab Models – profiles for work with CIMI
      • LabModels will need a full 30 minutes
        • Do we want to create 2000+ models for this?
        • New way to represent dictionary files than what we had when we started this work (access the profile information from a table) – would that be easier
        • What would it take for folks to be capable of creating 2000+ models
        • Hard part is to capture the right information, then we can decide on the representation of that information
        • Are there other groups to invite for this discussion – this will affect other domains = applies to
          • condition (PC)
          • Medication, medicationRequest (Rx)
          • Stan to draft note to distribute to those listserves
      • Let's have CIMI have 40 minutes on next week's call

Call adjourned at 2:01 PM ET - BELOW NOT FURTHER DISCUSSED:

  • Project updates:
    • Nutrition
      • Calls will start January 8, 2020 NEW CALL TIME AND DAY!
      • Meeting
        • Every other Wednesday 2-3 ET
      • Project page link: Nutrition
    • Specimen DAM
    • FHIR - OO on FHIR
      • Next call January 14, 2020
      • January 14th call topic: 
      •  Meeting
        • Every Tuesday 2 - 3 PM ET
      • Project page link: FHIR
    • AUC
      • IHE needs to update Volume IV to reflect CMS vocabulary.
      • Also needs to consider alternative use of ORU to clarify how OBX could be used, plus mapping to FT1.
    • CIMI/Concept Modeling
      • See above
    • DME
      • Next call January 3, 2020
      • Meetings:
        • Every Friday 4 - 5 PM ET
      • Project Page Link: DME Project
    • Lab Order Model
    • Healthcare Product: Device/DeviceDefinition/UDI
      • Next call January 6, 2020
      • Meeting 
        • Every Monday 3 -4 PM ET
      • Project Page Link: Healthcare Product
    • V2+
      • Next call January 10, 2020
      • Meetings:
        • Every other Friday, 9-10am ET
      • Project Page Link: V2+
    • V2.9
      • Has been published as ANSI approved standard
    • V2-to-FHIR

      • Meetings:
        • Mondays 1 - 2 PM ET
        • Tuesdays 11 - 12 AM EDT
      • Project Page Link: V2-To-FHIR Project
    • AMA

    • US Realm Lab (eDOS/LOI/LRI)
      • These STUs are all set to expire in June 2020 - need to do an STU update or do we want to re-ballot?
  • No labels