Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Time: 1 -2 PM EDT

Coordinates:

  • #FreeConference: Ord
  • +1 515 606 5332
  • Access Code: 294586#

Attendees:



Name

Organization

1

Ralf HerzogRoche

2

Kathy WalshLabCorp

3

Becky GradlEatRight

4

Marti VelezisSonrisa / FDA

5

Hans BuitendijkCerner

6

JD NolenMercy Children's Hospital

7

Mark KramerMitre

8

Riki MerrickVernetzt, LLC / APHL
9Jim HarrisonUVA / CAP
10Ron van DuyneCDC
11Jose Costa Teixeira
12


Co-Chair:  Hans Buitendijk

Scribe: Hans Buitendijk, Riki Merrick

Agenda:

  • Agenda Review
  • Minutes
      • October 31, 2019
        • Motion to accept as updated: Kathy Walsh, JD Nolen
          • Against: 0; Abstain: 0; In Favor: 6
      • November 7, 2019
        • Motion to accept as distributed: Riki Merrick, Kathy Walsh
          • Against: 0; Abstain: 2; In Favor: 6

  • MUST make NIBs by 11/17
    • #1010 was approved earlier - made NIB and submitted
    • #1009 - v3 Food and Medication Preferences Clinical Messages - submitted
      • Motion to submit: Becky Gradl, Riki Merrick
        • Against: 0; Abstain: 1; In Favor: 8
    • #1067 - Laboratory Order Conceptual Model Specification R2 - submitted
      • Motion to submit: Riki Merrick, Rob Hausam
        • Against: 0; Abstain: 1; In Favor: 8
    • #1496 - DME (FMG Approved IG Proposal=https://wiki.hl7.org/Fhir_dme_orders) - submitted
      • Motion to submit: Riki Merrick, Rob Hausam
        • Against: 0; Abstain: 1; In Favor: 8

  • FHIR
    • DeviceDefinition => FMM1
      • had 1 hour long debate around the deviceDefinition resource proposal around using just device and adding an indicator to the device resource to indicate type or instance or unknown
      • resulted in 2 updates needed:
        • articulate why we are using deviceDefiniton instead of just using Device – similar to medication resource
        • and also need to update the medication resource boundaries to indicate when to use it vs. device and deviceDefinition - work with Rx / John Hatem on that
        • Motion to update DeviceDefinition from FMM0 to FMM1 per FMG decisions.  Rob Hausam, Marti Velezis
          • Discussion:  Need two gForges/jiras when ready for the two action items (Resource Proposal update and Medication scope/boundary update) Hans Buitendijk
          • Against: 0; Abstain: 0; In Favor: 9
  • Call for Harmonization Proposals = Final due date: November 29
    • From IHE work 
      • HL70513
        • Riki could not locate V3 or CDA related vocabulary, so can we just submit as is, or wait another week? 
        • Will wait for next week and apply other edits per tech review (need to fill in approval status).

  • US Realm Lab (eDOS/LOI/LRI) - Next week
  • CIMI (last 20 minutes) - Next week
    • Diagnostic Report Performer/resultsInterpreter Role
      • what is the use case here?
      • resultsInterpreter – is required for AP
      • what is the use case – for data exchange or for modeling in the LIMS
      • this was coming from oncology group – they wanted to slice
      • in eventpattern has performer and person
        • (Need to add link to participant pattern in the minutes from last week)
        • Is the performer.function vs using participant with a role of organization and person – does the performerFunction valueset applies here
        • In V2 and V3 this is shared over the wire for some use cases
    • Other joint topics?

  • Project updates:
    • LIVD
    • Order Service Catalog 
      • ObservationDefinition and SpecimenDefinition proposals need to move to FMM1 (already approved, including gForges)
      • Working on updates to link without use of CatalogEntry.
      • Meeting
    • Nutrition
      • Met last week, but have limited participation
      • Continue to define nutritionProduct
      • Updates sent to Jose for modeling in current build
      • Meeting
        • Every Friday 2-3 ET
      • Project page link: Nutrition
    • Specimen DAM
      • Continue work on mapping DAM to FHIR.
      • Trying to figure out how to handle container, holders, storage equipment.
        • FHIR only has backbone element for the container in specimen (and have a gForge to allow nesting) vs representing containers (immediate touching the specimen) and holders and storageEquipment in the DAM
      • Dealing with specimenCollection and specimenProcessing – split that out into references to procedure resources or leave as backbone elements (was question to listserve earlier, but no answers back)
      • For both of these consider what the current systems can support as well as what other needs there are
      • If any of these elements need to be described outside of specimen, use reference, else leave as backbone, or consider allowing a choice of the two approaches
      • Meetings:
        • Every Tuesday 3 - 4 PM ET
      • Project Page Link: http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=Specimen
    • FHIR - OO on FHIR
      • General discusions on reflex orders and DiagnosticReport Performer/resultsInterpreter Role.  No conclusions yet.
      • Also starting to look at Micro (from V2 to FHIR call discussion).
      • Meeting
        • Every Tuesday 2 - 3 PM ET
      • Project page link: FHIR
    • AUC
      • Conversation around X12 implementations, but some around IHE v2 usage resulting in need for follow up
        • some are using ORU messages instead of order messages, so should at least highlight that
        • order message works well
        • some folks are using DFT messages need to migrate data into FT1 segment
        • need to set up a call with Dan Rutz, MaryKay, Kathleen, Riki, Hans
      • IHE needs to update Volume IV to reflect that.  Hopefully before end of year.
    • CIMI/Concept Modeling
    • DME
      • Has several files available – slide deck and proposed mappings on the project page - minutes to be uploaded shortly
      • Topics of interest
        • Decision to use subscriptions – they want to start with FHIR R4, but the new subscription work is being done in R5 (or the backporting option into R4)
      • First meeting was Nov 8
      •  Meetings:
        • Every Friday 4 - 5 PM ET
      • Project Page Link: DME Project
    • Lab Order Model
      • see above
    • Healthcare Product: Device/DeviceDefinition/UDI
      • see above for deviceDefinition topic
      • Still have 3 negatives that need to be withdrawn.  Hans Buitendijk  to reach out. 
      • Meeting 
        • Every Monday 3 -4 PM ET
      • Project Page Link: Healthcare Product
    • V2+
      • Will be using FHIR structureDefinition with use of GitHub
      •  Meetings:
        • Every other Friday, 9-10am ET, next call tomorrow
      • Project Page Link: V2+
    • V2.9
      • Publication request has been approved by v2MG and is in 45 day ANSi review - Ulrike Merrick  to ask on V2 Management Call tomorrow to get status update
    • V2-to-FHIR

      • Discussions on Micro mapping.
      • ADT message ready for ballot consideration
      • Discussion on how to organize the implementation Guide
      • Motion to submit a NIB for For Comment Only.  Riki Merrick, Rob Hausam
        • Against: 0; Abstain: 0; In Favor: 9
        • Hans Buitendijk to create NIB and submit
      • Meetings:
        • Mondays 1 - 2 PM ET
        • Tuesdays 11 - 12 AM EDT
      • Project Page Link: V2-To-FHIR Project
  • No labels