ANSI Anti-Trust Policy:

Professional Associations, such as HL7, which bring together competing entities are subject to strict scrutiny under applicable antitrust laws. HL7 recognizes that the antitrust laws were enacted to promote fairness in competition and, as such, supports laws against monopoly and restraints of trade and their enforcement. Each individual participating in HL7 meetings and conferences, regardless of venue, is responsible for knowing the contents of and adhering to the HL7 Antitrust Policy as stated in §05.01 of the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).

Meeting Details

Date: August 29, 2023

Time: 2PM

Coordinates:  Join Zoom meeting: | Meeting ID: 510 046 7805 | +1 929-436-2866-US (New York)


David Barwin, Elliot Silver, Kathy Walsh, Rob Hausam, Yanick Gaudet, Marti Velezis

Chair: Marti Velezis

Scribe: Marti Velezis



Meeting Minutes

OO Families/Household/Workplace/Event JIRAs Confluence page - WGM Topic

  • Need to add discussion topics around using Group vs. CareTeam
  • Need to include JIRA Tickets from other WG that pertain to Families

JIRA Tickets

August 2023 Block Vote

    • August Block vote - September 7 (to be distributed on August 31, 2023); added to OO Main Agenda for discussion
    • Added the following to the Block Vote for August-2023
      • FHIR-31953
        • Not Persuasive, we did not get a response from the submitter and do not know what needs to be clarified.  
        • This is in-person Nathan Davis please consider updating the ticket and pulling from Block Vote
      • FHIR-41321
        • Persuasive with Mod, we removed additional text after the text suggested by submitter
        • It did not make sense with the rest of the guidance to keep this in the comment of Observation.dataAbsentReason

Addressed the following ticket: 

  • FHIR-20735 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • Question answered - SampledData is available in R5 for Observation.value and Observation.component.value
  • FHIR-41669 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • Agreed this is a Technical correction - will fix as requested

Added the following to WGM Agenda

  • FHIR-31954
    • Added the discussion topic to Mon and TH Q4 - with CIMI (based on previous WGM)
    • Need to work on the extensions that need to be added (see comments in JIRA) 
  • FHIR-40499
    • We are uncertain whether we want to remove the instantiates[x] from the identified resources
    • Need to discuss with Lloyd the "extensions" to handle this request
    • Tagged Lloyd McKenzie to see if he can join us TH Q2 or offer another time to discuss

Next Meeting: September 5, 2023

----------------Meeting Adjourned at 3:00PM EDT----------------------------

-- Next time----

Backlog Issues

  • FHIR-38985
    • WGM Work: FHIR-38985 - What happens if the definition deviates from the Observation? TRIAGED
      • With the removal of Instantiates[x] from Observation - this issue will be moved to the extension
      • Extension definition will need to be updated: 
        • If inconsistent - an error can be thrown
        • From OO resources - the deviation can be added as a rule/constraint
        • Review of Extensions - on the stats page – GG to send this out again
        • 5/15 - will give GG a week to get back to us on this action item
  • FHIR-38633
    • This ticket was reopened after R5 publication
    • Added to the FHIR-I session at WGM on Thursday Q2
    • See if we can get FHIR-I to add another time slot for Rob to participate
    • WGM Work: FHIR-38633 - Target Awareness Element or Extension TRIAGED
      • For R5 the proposal for an extension was to get some experience with the requirement; we should reconsider the proposed disposition 
      • Should this be "Communication" instead of a separate extension that was proposed for R5
        • Actual communication with the patient should use the Communication resource.
          • user (patient/clinician) acknowledges the communication by marking the action in a system
        • Flag the awareness of the patient b/c that the information was presented to the patient but there is no systematic acknowledgment
        • Lesser fidelity communications – push the communication but receipt is unknown (e.g., "null" flavor)
        • Need to raise across resources on how to capture 
      • 5/15 - will give GG a week to get back to us on this action item

  • FHIR-19253
    • Not inclined to change .code to 1..* but need to discuss how to handle the use case of multiple imaging studies with one diagnostic report. 
    • WGM topic for PC and II joints