ANSI Anti-Trust Policy: Professional Associations, such as HL7, which bring together competing entities are subject to strict scrutiny under applicable antitrust laws. HL7 recognizes that the antitrust laws were enacted to promote fairness in competition and, as such, supports laws against monopoly and restraints of trade and their enforcement. Each individual participating in HL7 meetings and conferences, regardless of venue, is responsible for knowing the contents of and adhering to the HL7 Antitrust Policy as stated in §05.01 of the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).
Time: 10AM ET
Coordinates: Join Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/5100467805 | Meeting ID: 510 046 7805 | +1 929-436-2866-US (New York)
JD Nolen, Robert Dieterle, Brian Handspicker, Daniel Golson, Rob Hausam, Scott Fradkin, Susan Downer, Marti Velezis, Kathy Walsh, Andrea Pitkus
Chair: Ralf Herzog
- Quorum Met
- Workflow Topics
- JIRA Tickets
- FHIR-41591 - Getting issue details... STATUS How to handle specimen rejections with respect to the order status
IG Proposal: Clinical Order Workflow (COW)
JIRA Tickets: OO Workflow JIRAs
- Review of Existing Workflow Approaches
- Generic Referral: https://build.fhir.org/ig/hl7-be/referral/
- Lab Order Sequence Diagram: http://build.fhir.org/examplescenario-example-laborder.html
- Lab Order slides: Powerpoint (please version this in OO documents)
RE: JIRA FHIR-41591
- Discuss if specimen rejections should be discussed in this group.
- Interplay with ServiceRequest and Task statuses and might be also Observation.
- Not all of the elements currently in https://terminology.hl7.org/5.2.0/ValueSet-v2-0490.html are necessarily Specimen Reject Reasons but "I cannot perform this Order/Test, while I am able to perform that Order/Test" Reasons (i.e. "Quantity not sufficient" might be valid for one Order/Test but not for another Order/Test).
Review Meeting minutes from last week 2023-08-18 OO FHIR COW
Andrea Pitkus, PhD, MLS(ASCP)CM, FAMIA. UW-Madison to Everyone (Aug 25, 2023, 10:19 AM)
Sorry I'm late, On Specimen call, we discussed clotted specimens etc would not have an observation, would be CLIA specimen rejection reason.
Not sure if you discussed
Robert Dieterle (EnableCare) to Everyone (Aug 25, 2023, 10:29 AM)
sorry, I need to drop
Andrea Pitkus, PhD, MLS(ASCP)CM, FAMIA. UW-Madison to Everyone (Aug 25, 2023, 10:29 AM)
I think it's plausible. I've seen serum/plasma that is partially clotted/gooey after centrifugation. It depends on how far down the pipetter goes down into the tube, the level of serum etc
You may run out of specimen for pediatric, dehydrated patients too
looks like it was in dstu1, but removed. https://www.hl7.org/fhir/dstu1/valueset-obs-uslab-spec-reject.html
I'd be interested in why it was removed