ANSI Anti-Trust Policy:  Professional Associations, such as HL7, which bring together competing entities are subject to strict scrutiny under applicable antitrust laws. HL7 recognizes that the antitrust laws were enacted to promote fairness in competition and, as such, supports laws against monopoly and restraints of trade and their enforcement. Each individual participating in HL7 meetings and conferences, regardless of venue, is responsible for knowing the contents of and adhering to the HL7 Antitrust Policy as stated in §05.01 of the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).

Meeting Details

Date:  July 7, 2023

Time: 12PM ET

Coordinates:  Join Zoom meeting: | Meeting ID: 510 046 7805 | +1 929-436-2866-US (New York)


Kathy Walsh, John Hatem, JD Nolen, Marti Velezis

Chair:  JD Nolen

Scribe: Marti Velezis


  • Standing Topics 
    • IG Publication request
    • Inventory topics
  • Catalog Profile - need to look at this and determine if the Catalog IG will replace the need for a core Profile.
  • DeviceAssociation Impact assessment for Inventory Resources
  • JIRA Triage
  • AOB?


  • Catalog IG
    • All QA completed
    • Next step is to complete filling out a Publication Request: Order Catalog Implementation Guide 0.1.0 - STU Ballot 1
    • Need to make the following change: FHIR-41341 before publication
      • We will push this to the lab call to get quorum for a vote
      • Concerns that "homogeneous" was placed there for a reason; albeit inconsistent with other content.  
      • JD can make the changes to prep for the Publication Request
    • Added the Product Brief description and updated a couple of other fields in the Publication Request. 
    • Need to finish filling out the Publication Request prior to OO Main Call on July 6 (or July 13)
  • Catalog Profile - need to look at this and determine if the Catalog IG will replace the need for a core Profile.
    • This profile is self contained - i.e., the sections (listing of healthcare items) are part of the profile 
    • The goal is to have a structured representation of the sections as in the Catalog IG
    • We recommend deprecating the ProfileForCatalog by R6 and add a pink ribbon comment now to inform implementers to move to the Catalog IG for guidance
    • Need review from more OO members to determine if this course of action is ok.

Next Meeting: July 14, 2023

Did not discuss: