ANSI Anti-Trust Policy:

Professional Associations, such as HL7, which bring together competing entities are subject to strict scrutiny under applicable antitrust laws. HL7 recognizes that the antitrust laws were enacted to promote fairness in competition and, as such, supports laws against monopoly and restraints of trade and their enforcement. Each individual participating in HL7 meetings and conferences, regardless of venue, is responsible for knowing the contents of and adhering to the HL7 Antitrust Policy as stated in §05.01 of the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).

Meeting Details

Date: June 27 2023

Time: 2PM

Coordinates:  Join Zoom meeting: | Meeting ID: 510 046 7805 | +1 929-436-2866-US (New York)


Chair: JD Nolen

Scribe: Marti Velezis

David Barwin, Kathy Walsh, Elliot Silver, JD Nolen, Marti Velezis 



Meeting Notes

  • Goal for today -Prepare Block Vote to go out on/before 6/29 for vote on July 6th at OO Main call
  • New Submitted JIRA Tickets:
    • FHIR-41426 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      • Persuasive with Mod
        • Drafted proposed disposition
      • Added to the block vote
    • FHIR-41308 - Getting issue details... STATUS

    • Grouped the following:

      • FHIR-41410       

      • FHIR-41406     

      • FHIR-41405     

      • These all have to do with the same use case of Families needing to be involved in care requests/results as a "Group".  Requested further examples from Grahame about this use case; and will consider them together.  This is also being discussed on other resources - we may want to collaborate/consult with other WGs to ensure consistency (when necessary).

      • To be discussed at the OO Main or OO Lab calls when there are more attendees.

Next Meeting: July 11, 2023

Next time:

Backlog Issues

  • FHIR-38985
    • WGM Work: FHIR-38985 - What happens if the definition deviates from the Observation? TRIAGED
      • With the removal of Instantiates[x] from Observation - this issue will be moved to the extension
      • Extension definition will need to be updated: 
        • If inconsistent - an error can be thrown
        • From OO resources - the deviation can be added as a rule/constraint
        • Review of Extensions - on the stats page – GG to send this out again
        • 5/15 - will give GG a week to get back to us on this action item
  • FHIR-38833
    • This ticket was reopened after R5 publication
    • Added to the FHIR-I session at WGM on Thursday Q2
    • See if we can get FHIR-I to add another time slot for Rob to participate
    • WGM Work: FHIR-38633 - Target Awareness Element or Extension TRIAGED
      • For R5 the proposal for an extension was to get some experience with the requirement; we should reconsider the proposed disposition 
      • Should this be "Communication" instead of a separate extension that was proposed for R5
        • Actual communication with the patient should use the Communication resource.
          • user (patient/clinician) acknowledges the communication by marking the action in a system
        • Flag the awareness of the patient b/c that the information was presented to the patient but there is no systematic acknowledgment
        • Lesser fidelity communications – push the communication but receipt is unknown (e.g., "null" flavor)
        • Need to raise across resources on how to capture 
      • 5/15 - will give GG a week to get back to us on this action item

  • FHIR-19253
    • Not inclined to change .code to 1..* but need to discuss how to handle the use case of multiple imaging studies with one diagnostic report. 
    • WGM topic for PC and II joints