ANSI Anti-Trust Policy:

Professional Associations, such as HL7, which bring together competing entities are subject to strict scrutiny under applicable antitrust laws. HL7 recognizes that the antitrust laws were enacted to promote fairness in competition and, as such, supports laws against monopoly and restraints of trade and their enforcement. Each individual participating in HL7 meetings and conferences, regardless of venue, is responsible for knowing the contents of and adhering to the HL7 Antitrust Policy as stated in §05.01 of the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).

Meeting Details

Date: May 30, 2023

Time: 2PM

Coordinates:  Join Zoom meeting: | Meeting ID: 510 046 7805 | +1 929-436-2866-US (New York)


JD Nolen, Kathy Walsh, Dan Rutz, Elliott Silver, Yanick Gaudet, Marti Velezis



Meeting Notes

  • Pick up on Old JIRA Clean-up
    • FHIR-17515 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      • The status of "cancelled" observation should be used in conjunction with the dataAbsentReason should be "not performed"; 
        • declined by performer 
        • performer status is different than a cancelled by the requester but there is no way to convey that in Observation
      • Motion to find this Not Persuasive
        • Marti Velezis / Rob Hausam : 5-0-1
        • Reject Request - No change needed
    • FHIR-17520 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      • Request was marked as withdrawn in the comments
      • Motion to find this Not Persuasive
        • Marti Velezis / Elliot Silver : 6-0-0
    • FHIR-17521 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      • No additional feedback on the eventPerformer extension
      • Motion to find Not Persuasive
      • Added to Block-vote for June 2023
    • FHIR-17531 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      • This request is too vague to be make the change; add in a reference that Provenance can handle modification date/time.
      • Motion to find Not Persuasive
      • Added to Block-vote for June 2023
    • FHIR-19240 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      • There is no issue with the rendering in R5
      • Motion to find Not Persuasive
        • Marti Velezis / Elliot Silver : 5-0-1
        • Reject Request - No change needed
    • FHIR-19249 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      • Revise the paragraph to update the verbiage to address the concern between DocRef and DiagnosticReport - this will also modify FHIR-19250 that was previous published.  Drafted proposed resolutions on the ticket, and we will pick back up next time.

Next Meeting: June 6, 2023

-----------------Adjourned at 3:01PM EDT-----------------------

Backlog Issues

  • FHIR-38985
    • WGM Work: FHIR-38985 - What happens if the definition deviates from the Observation? TRIAGED
      • With the removal of Instantiates[x] from Observation - this issue will be moved to the extension
      • Extension definition will need to be updated: 
        • If inconsistent - an error can be thrown
        • From OO resources - the deviation can be added as a rule/constraint
        • Review of Extensions - on the stats page – GG to send this out again
        • 5/15 - will give GG a week to get back to us on this action item
  • FHIR-38833
    • This ticket was reopened after R5 publication
    • Added to the FHIR-I session at WGM on Thursday Q2
    • See if we can get FHIR-I to add another time slot for Rob to participate
    • WGM Work: FHIR-38633 - Target Awareness Element or Extension TRIAGED
      • For R5 the proposal for an extension was to get some experience with the requirement; we should reconsider the proposed disposition 
      • Should this be "Communication" instead of a separate extension that was proposed for R5
        • Actual communication with the patient should use the Communication resource.
          • user (patient/clinician) acknowledges the communication by marking the action in a system
        • Flag the awareness of the patient b/c that the information was presented to the patient but there is no systematic acknowledgment
        • Lesser fidelity communications – push the communication but receipt is unknown (e.g., "null" flavor)
        • Need to raise across resources on how to capture 
      • 5/15 - will give GG a week to get back to us on this action item