ANSI Anti-Trust Policy: Professional Associations, such as HL7, which bring together competing entities are subject to strict scrutiny under applicable antitrust laws. HL7 recognizes that the antitrust laws were enacted to promote fairness in competition and, as such, supports laws against monopoly and restraints of trade and their enforcement. Each individual participating in HL7 meetings and conferences, regardless of venue, is responsible for knowing the contents of and adhering to the HL7 Antitrust Policy as stated in §05.01 of the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).
OO Main - Meeting Information
Chair: JD Nolen
Scribe: Marti Velezis
- Quorum (Co-Chair + 4) Met
OO Calls Next 7 Days (check if happening)
Upcoming Topics/Due Dates
|May 28, 2023||January 2024 Ballot - PMO Deadline|
(Names of people present are BOLDED)
|Rob Hausam||Hausam Consulting|
|Riki Merrick||Vernetzt, LLC / APHL|
|Yanick Gaudet||Global Star|
|Marti Velezis||Sonrisa / FDA|
|Jose Costa Teixeira|
|Bob Dieterle||Enable Care|
|Lorraine Constable||Constable Consulting|
Agenda and Notes:
Need to finalize WGM Meeting Minutes
- Next time add any outstanding MM approval
Key Topics for today:
- PSS Reviews
- WGM Updates
- Micro question from Craig
- Block Vote next week
PSS-2206 - Getting issue details... STATUS
- Would like to track the interaction around the ServiceRequest and Care Plan and related lab order workflow for testing
- Interested Party, we do not want to lead this topic
- Added a comment in the PSS
Getting issue details...
- Project proposal to explore creating profile(s) on relevant resource(s) (e.g., Observation) and potentially an IG if the profiles are not considered "core" content.
- FMG suggested that the description be updated to ask for help with this effort from other working groups
- Updated the description with additional details
Other (Project Approvals, NIBs, etc.)
- May 28, 2023 - Deadline for new project proposals for January 2024
- (Did not discuss) Expiration of standards:
- HL7 Version 3 Standard: Clinical Statement Pattern, Release 1 - August 2024 - Re-affirmation or Withdrawal for May 2024 Ballot
- (Did not discuss) ONC New Proposed Rule HTI-1 on Information blocking and increase USCDI to version 3
- Laboratory RFI (LOI, LRI, FHIR COW/FOE, and could consider commenting on Catalog, LIVD efforts) - See pages 331 - 334
- Overview of the WGM
- Reviewed the Meeting Minutes: 2023-05-08-12 WGM
- Key points
- R6 Planning
- For Comment Ballot - i.e., Interim Releases for snapshots of some additional information to be reviewed by the community
- September 2023 - may be the first point release with changes to R5 - this is a review snapshot; planning for a total of 3 reviews
- 2-3 years for updates to IGs with any changes for R6
- BPM Health +
- Lorraine sent them the PowerPoint with workflow
- BPM team will help model in their tools
- Lorraine will participate in this discussion and bring back to the respective groups.
- Need to finalize the meeting minutes before approving.
- R6 Planning
- Need to follow-up on the following from WGM.
- Block Vote was sent out Wednesday, May 17, 2023 for review and will be voted on next time – May 25, 2023.
- Aged tickets
- Deprecated issues
- Any issues that were not substantiated by the reporter
- Let us know if you want to pull anything from the list.
Subject: "v2 discrete micro question" - Listserve message (from Craig):
LRI discusses in gory detail how discrete microbiology is conveyed in a v2 message. This includes how to link susceptibilities to a given isolate found via the culture using OBR-26, OBR-29 and potentially OBR-50. But I have heard about a variant that I’ve not come across before that I wanted to ask about.
Has anyone encountered where tests other than susceptibilities are performed and reported on an isolate. For example, I’m seeing an example where a VanA PCR is performed on each isolate. Conceptually, this is similar to a susceptibility but I think most systems would rebel if we added a VanA PCR result as an OBX along side susceptibilities. But it’s hard to include them in the culture report ORC/OBR because they are isolate specific. You can link stuff via subID (so that an Isolate observation and the corresponding VanA observation have the same subID, but I’m not sure I’d trust all systems to display them together by creating a clear and unambiguous linkage). And I don’t think we want to create multiple observation codes for OBX-3 which incorporate the isolate (e.g. Isolate 1 VanA PCR, Isolate 2 VanA PCR).
- Also see ORD Listserv messages with discussion
- Scenario: Local PH lab that uses an EHR to place order the lab → State PH lab → Results sent back to Local PH lab
- Distinguishing the results between the test(s) ordered and what is completed
- Results may be displayed as individual tests by EHR vendors
- Currently EHR Vendors representation of Reflex testing may only support this for specific cases
- Add final guidance (or note that no guidance or patterns are currently available).
----------Adjourned the meeting at 2:01PM EDT-----------------
- Check back in June for progress
UP-44 -no value set content defined for v2 table 963 value set
- Leaving UP-44 open for now – so that the new tickets and this one can be linked
V2-Jira Review (time permitting)
Projects/Feedback (Updates in BOLD)
|FHIR JIRA ISSUES||Discussed:|
Block Vote of old Jira trackers set for next main call - see: https://confluence.hl7.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=161072874#id-20230504Main-OOonFHIRBlockVote(senton4/26/2023)
|JIRA Status||JIRA ID||Discussion/Disposition|
|JIRA Issue Backlog|
|Total To be Applied:|
|JIRAS to be marked Published|
Note - these are in the published R5 on http://hl7.org/fhir/