Anti-Trust Policy: Professional Associations, such as HL7, which bring together competing entities are subject to strict scrutiny under applicable antitrust laws. HL7 recognizes that the antitrust laws were enacted to promote fairness in competition and, as such, supports laws against monopoly and restraints of trade and their enforcement. Each individual participating in HL7 meetings and conferences, regardless of venue, is responsible for knowing the contents of and adhering to the HL7 Antitrust Policy as stated in §05.01 of the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).
Date: May 1, 2023, 2023
Time: 3PM ET
Coordinates: Join Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/5100467805 | Meeting ID: 510 046 7805 | +1 929-436-2866-US (New York)
JD Nolen, Elliot Silver, Barbee Whitaker, Hans Buitendijk, Nancy Spector, John Hatem, Karen Moniz, Dan Rutz, Paul Ashford, Donna Pertel, James Allain, Javier Espina, John Rhoads, Marti Velezis
Co-chair: Hans Buitendijk
Scribe: Marti Velezis
- Quorum (Co-Chair + 4) Met
- BDP Transformation
- Module Discussions
- BDP Module
- Nutrition Module
- Status on JIRA Tickets
- Next Meeting
LINKS TO JIRA - HCP DASHBOARDS
HCP_Backlog - FOR REVIEW (includes Nutrition resources)
HCP_Ballot Related - JIRA that need to be completed by R5 (many of these are related to Normative content)
HCP_Work In Progress - Items that need to be updated in the build and/or QA for completion
The following are draft pages to organize and author content for each of our health care product resources:
- Model in Miro: https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVMTzPUr0=/?share_link_id=660461521193 (comment and view ONLY)
Instructions: Type your task here, using "@" to assign to a user and "//" to select a due date
- Next week no meeting
- May 6-12 - WGM
- May 22 next meeting
- BDP Transformations
- Irradiated Transformation
- Will use the BiologicallyDerivedProduct.parent to show the transformed product information, but need some additional ".status" codes
- Reviewed the need for the additional .status codes
- FHIR-41111 - New values in valueSet biologically-derived-product-status
- Reviewed the proposed change
- Defined as: biologically derived product has been dispensed to a patient at this time – changed to: the BDP has been transferred from the custodian to the patient, clinician, or system responsible for the clinical application
- canonical map to busy-unavailable
- can add extensions for the actual to/from - in the context of the responsible party (system, person, etc)
This is only an example value set for the resources, there still may be other statuses for use cases (e.g., Blood banks have additional status values in use today)
- Need to add something for when the product has been associated to a patient
- "allocated" - the biologically derived product is reserved and/or crossmatched for a patient (note these are a subset to unavailable); this may be confused with actual "dispense"
- In medication - "when prepared" and "when handed over" - these are date/time datatypes
- Patient/RelatedPerson/Provider - picks up the medication - this is also when handed over"
- Automated dispensing systems - delivery from system - when prepared; when nurse grabs it from the system it is "when handed over"
- "when handed over" is then considered dispensed
- Added "allocated"
- defined as: associated with a patient
- canonical map to ....to pick up next time
- Updated both of those status codes in the JIRA ticket and will resume the discussion on May 22 after the WGM when we resume meetings.
- Check how we are using allocated and dispensed in other locations in FHIR - during the May WGM
- BDP Transformations
- Nutrition Module -
- Marti would like to review the module assignment to Nutrition group at their next call.
Next meeting: May 22, 2023
------------Adjourned at 4:03PM EDT---------------
Note these are issues that we did not have time to discuss, or already have been discussed, but may not be ready for disposition (i.e., waiting for input or additional work needs to be completed).