ANSI Anti-Trust Policy: Professional Associations, such as HL7, which bring together competing entities are subject to strict scrutiny under applicable antitrust laws. HL7 recognizes that the antitrust laws were enacted to promote fairness in competition and, as such, supports laws against monopoly and restraints of trade and their enforcement. Each individual participating in HL7 meetings and conferences, regardless of venue, is responsible for knowing the contents of and adhering to the HL7 Antitrust Policy as stated in §05.01 of the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).
Date: April 10, 2023
Time: 12 PM ET
Coordinates: Join Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/5100467805 | Meeting ID: 510 046 7805 | +1 929-436-2866-US (New York)
Attendees: @martyklena, Linda
Scribe: Robert Dieterle
- Quorum Met
- Standing Topics
- Coordination with FOE International
- O&O updates
- JIRA Issues
- Status on applying dispositions
- Detailed review of the current FOE IG (need rebuild to ensure there are no current publisher issues) https://confluence.hl7.org/pages/resumedraft.action?draftId=161065746&draftShareId=4a4cd0ba-45a6-4bfe-b2e8-5c9695ee0a47&
- Detailed review of the SDOH IG https://hl7.org/fhir/us/sdoh-clinicalcare/
updated references to the FOE and SDOH FHIR IG
Only two other members on call (including Linda?)
Asked to review the IGs prior to the call next week
Adjourned early due to lack of participation
---------end of meeting------
Backlog/Inventory or Next Meeting Topics
FHIR IGs that define order/referral workflow between an ordering and performing provider.
FHIR IG Proposal
The following is a link to work that O&O has done to evaluate IGs providing order workflow
At this point, we consider the FHIR Orders Exchange to be a foundational IG.
- Analyze the other noted IG as a detail level
- Propose base profiles that can be adopted by any of the other IGs
- Propose code systems and value sets that can be further constrained
- Provide specific extensions that should be supported
- Provide examples specifically to support Prior Authorization workflow
- Provide specific state transition for tracking orders/referrals from initial exchange through completion
Before we publish, we need buy in from other IGs authors/WGs that this can be considered a foundational IG.