ANSI Anti-Trust Policy: Professional Associations, such as HL7, which bring together competing entities are subject to strict scrutiny under applicable antitrust laws. HL7 recognizes that the antitrust laws were enacted to promote fairness in competition and, as such, supports laws against monopoly and restraints of trade and their enforcement. Each individual participating in HL7 meetings and conferences, regardless of venue, is responsible for knowing the contents of and adhering to the HL7 Antitrust Policy as stated in §05.01 of the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).
OO Main - Meeting Information
Chair: Hans Buitendijk
Scribe: Hans Buitendijk / Riki Merrick
- Quorum (Co-Chair + 4) Met
OO Calls Next 7 Days (check if happening)
Upcoming Topics/Due Dates
|March 6, 2023 WG Call|
|April 10, 2023|
September 2023 Ballot - TSC PSS Deadline
|May 6, 2023 to May 7, 2023 -|
|May 8, 2023 to May 12, 2023|
|May 28, 2023||January 2024 Ballot - PMO Deadline|
|Rob Hausam||Hausam Consulting|
|Riki Merrick||Vernetzt, LLC / APHL|
|Yanick Gaudet||Global Star|
|Marti Velezis||Sonrisa / FDA|
|Jose Costa Teixeira|
|Bob Dieterle||Enable Care|
|Lorraine Constable||Constable Consulting|
Agenda and Notes:
Other (Project Approvals, NIBs, Expiring standards, etc.)
- Expiration of standards:
- HL7 Version 3 Standard: Clinical Statement Pattern, Release 1 - August 2024 - Re-affirmation or Withdrawal for May 2024 Ballot - Hans to check with Riki.
- Update to Charter
- We reviewed and made updates during WGM - we will have to re-create based on the latest version here (OO Mission and Charter - Pre-Publication) and the notes from the WGM minutes https://confluence.hl7.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=139660361#id-2022091923WGM-Mission/CharterReview
- And we need to change Vocabulary to Terminology Infrastructure
- Then we can upload and send the link to Anne
May 2023 WGM - OO, Joints and WGM+ Coordination - not discussed
- 5/1 (or week before) - Final date to withdraw rooms if not needed.
- OO WGM 202305 - Agenda
- Updates to the agenda were posted (link above)
- Need to follow-up with BR&R with a list of topics (Marti Velezis) and date/time
- WGM+ Schedule
- Monday Q1 - SHALL not schedule WGM
- Tuesday Q1 - SHOULD not schedule WGM (ONC/USCDI, Argonaut, Gravity)
- Rob Hausam (not available TH Q1/Q2)
Gender Harmony Block Vote - NOT DISCUSSSED
was sent to list Feb27 (I missed it last week)
|V2-25473||OMG^O19: GSP, GSR, GSC after PRT Segment in Patient Group, in other messages after PD1||Ralf Herzog||Persuasive|
|V2-25471||Sex for Clincial Use in NEXT_OF_KIN group of OML^)39||Ralf Herzog||Persuasive||Change request|
|V2-25419||Balloters Question #2 Chapters 4 and 7||Freida Hall||Not Persuasive||Change request|
E-signature Update: - NOT DISCUSSED
- The e-signature draft was submitted to the PAC. I did get a request from Christopher at Quest to quote a paragraph and am following up with PAC on when we are locked in enough to do so.
UP-44 -no value set content defined for v2 table 963 value set - NOT DISCUSSED
- We had discussed and taken a vote on this back on 2022-06-10, but I'm not sure at this point if that is still what we actually still will want to do. If we discuss it again together hopefully we can decide if that is what we want or we can figure out a good alternative plan.
Add 'GTIN' to HL70301 and HL70203 - NOT DISCUSSED
Add "GTIN" to UniveralIDType (http://terminology.hl7.org/CodeSystem/v2-0301) to be able to specify that a Universal ID is of "GTIN" Universal ID Type.
This would help to apply to HD Data, EI Data, EIP Data, etc. the Universal ID Type "GTIN", examples are:
HD based Data (HD-2 (Universal ID) is of "GTIN" Universal ID Type:
- MSH-3 (Sending Application),
- MSH-5 (Receiving Application),
EI based Data (EI-3 (Universal ID) is of "GTIN" Universal ID Type:
- SAC-3 (Container Identifier),
- SAC-4 (Primary (Parent) Container Identifier)
- PRT-10 (Device ID)
- PRT-16 (UDI Device Identifier)
EIP based Data (EIP-1-3 and EIP-2-3 (Universal ID) is of "GTIN" Universal ID Type:
- SPM-2 (Specimen ID),
- SPM-3 (Specimen Parent IDs), etc.
- Both of these are related to the work GS1 is currently discussing to maybe create a "serialized" GTIN for all containers which would be a worldwide unique code (woudl be default barcode on tubes, slides, tags etc)
CX datatype uses HL70203 for example in PID-3 (not applicable), but maybe in OBX-5.
V2-Jira Review (time permitting) - NOT DISCUSSED
- Motion to provide a pink box note for any structural changes that are not making it into R5 anymore (e.g., may be deleted, moved, or otherwise) and are expected to be applied immediately following R5 publication into the build. Marti Velezis, Lorraine Constable
- Note that anything in JIRA marked as Resolved - Change Required will be updated to Deferred or Deferred-Fix as appropriate, and then re-opened as soon as we can start to apply changes to the R6 CI build.
- Against: 0; Abstain: 0; In Favor: 17
- Resolving references, release notes, text updates, and our resources referenced on other Module pages still in flight.
- Prep an R6 planning session in May WGM.
- FMM 0 resources are published in R5.
- FHIR-39448 - Vital Signs Panel
- Need to check status with Robert Hausam if it has been updated for R5 QA period
- This is not a pink box item
- Motion to mark considered for future use and will re-open post R5 publication as soon as the build is open for updates – the list in the disposition is NOT covering everything yet add grouping R6 and OO
- Marti Velezis, Riki Merrick, no further discussion, against: 0, abstain: 0, in favor: 17
- FHIR-39448 - Vital Signs Panel
Repurpose catalog call slot tomorrow for R5 editor sync
- Everything complete to change ownership
- Jose updates the ownership.
- FMG indicated that the rules for FMM 2 to 3 are what they are.
- Lloyd says there is an organization that will have substantive change requests, so soon we can make FMM higher after that
- No discussion around retiring the resource in FMG
Modules (Updates on any progress)
The following are draft pages to organize and author content for each of our health care product resources:
- Nutrition Product
- Marti revised related resource for each topic area to where the resources align to current modules
- Definitional resources were in workflow (pattern is still there) but those are now in administrative – Marti and Jose to take off-line
CALL ADJOURNED 2:02 PM EDT
- JIRA Backlog Cleanup - NOT DISCUSSED
- Plan of attack to cleanup stale JIRAs.
- Need to triage the older tickets to see if they are still relevant/valid (any volunteers???)
- We may just want to create block votes for any tickets that are no longer relevant/valid
- We have been getting 6-12 tickets per meeting if we have prepared the tickets in advance
- We will continue to work through the backlog
Projects/Feedback (Updates in BOLD)
- NOT DISCUSSED
|FHIR Orders Exchange (DME/AcuteOrders) (Administrative)|
|OO on FHIR|
|Cancer Pathology Reporting|
|IHE SDC/eCC on FHIR|
|(FHIR in the Lab) Order Workflow project|
|Order Service Catalog|