ANSI Anti-Trust Policy: Professional Associations, such as HL7, which bring together competing entities are subject to strict scrutiny under applicable antitrust laws. HL7 recognizes that the antitrust laws were enacted to promote fairness in competition and, as such, supports laws against monopoly and restraints of trade and their enforcement. Each individual participating in HL7 meetings and conferences, regardless of venue, is responsible for knowing the contents of and adhering to the HL7 Antitrust Policy as stated in §05.01 of the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).
Date: January 27, 2023
Time: 1PM ET
Coordinates: Join Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/5100467805 | Meeting ID: 510 046 7805 | +1 929-436-2866-US (New York)
Co-chair: Ralf Herzog
Scribe: Marti Velezis
Ralf Herzog, JD Nolen, Andra Pitkus, R. Michael Lingenfelter (BAH/CDC), Brian D. (BD) Handspicker, Rob Hausam, Annie Raval, Dan Rutz, Gelu Comanescu (CDC), Kathy Walsh, Kayla Perkins, Scott Fradkin, Ana Szarfman, Marti Velezis
- R5 Ballot JIRAs
- FHIR-40310 - Getting issue details... STATUS Transport fixes
R5 Ballot Issues
- FHIR-38986 - Why having an Instant data type for Observation.effective[x], when a DateTime is allowed as well?
- Still need clarity on dateTime vs. Instant
- Can we "Answer Question"?
- Moved over to the 1PM LAB/LIVD call as there was not enough input on what to add to the element Observation.effective[x]
- Rob had concern that we could not be prescriptive about when to use dateTime vs. Instant
- FHIR-38633 -Target Awareness Element or Extension
- RE: Observation, Condition
- Should this be external to the resource - for all "Status-like" information - this need additional discussion
- Discussed using "Communication"
- Still pending resolution.
- FHIR-38953 - quantitativeDetails is not flexible enough, incomplete and overly complex
- See comments - Partial proposed resolution
- For conversions – depending on the use of element
- Concern in limiting units to UCUM
- Note: This should not be used when different methods are being used
- This is on the ObservationDefinition (i.e., not specifying the actual (instance) of the observation)
- Action item to determine the requirement for quantitativeDetails
- Need to understand how this was intended to be used
- Revisit the list of issues noted by the submitter
- Ralf Herzog will draft an email on customaryUnit
- Also - consider jurisdiction for the units of measure
- Follow-up: Jose Costa-Teixeira applied the change to add the quantitativeDetails in 2017 (will need to inquire if he remembers the update)
--------------------Adjourned meeting at 11:03AM ET-------------------------