|Becky Gradl||Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics|
- Reviewed the MCC eCare Plan use cases/patient story for nutrition implications
- patient has CKD, Type 2 diabetes, congestive heart failure
- patient "Struggles to manage her diet and find affordable healthy food choices under her financial strain." (noted this has a tie in to the work on the Gravity Project related to food insecurity)
- goals: "Lower high BMI..." and "Improve access to affordable food"
- Interventions: "Referral to registered dietitian for medical nutrition therapy"
- Noted that MCCeCare Plan is US realm, however the updated Nutrition DAM will be universal
- The current Nutrition DAM is specific to Diet Orders
- The focus is on ordering an oral diet, nutritional supplement, and/or enteral feeding in an inpatient setting
- We plan to expand to include "nutrition prescription" to cover the outpatient setting
- Work had been previously started to update the DAM, which include creating use cases for dietitian consultations and follow-ups in both inpatient and outpatient settings
- Started reviewing/updating the previously created use case for an outpatient initial consultation to change the patient story and details to match those of the MCC eCare Plan persona.