Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


Time: 1 - 2 PM ET

Coordinates:

Attendees

Name 

Affiliation

Ralf HerzogRoche
JD NolenChildren's Mercy Hospital
Freida HallQuest Diagnostics
Andrea PitkusUniversity of Wisconsin
Becky GradlAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Dan RutzEpic
Kathy WalshLabCorp
Nancy SpectorAMA
Rob HausamHausam Consulting
Marti VelezisSonrisa/FDA
Jose Costa Teixeira
David BurgessLabCorp






Chair: JD Nolen

Scribe: JD Nolen

Agenda:

  • Agenda Review

  • Minutes
  • Pre-WGM Joint Meetings:
    • HCD - Device/DeviceDefinition/DeviceMetric - Meeting set 10AM ET Thursday at WGM 
    • Pt Care - Per Rob, there was a meeting. But another meeting is needed to reach conclusions. TBD on date/time. 
  • September WGM Timeslots
    • OO WGM Agenda - 202009
    • OO WGM 202009 - Attendance Log 
    • Doodle Prep - https://www.doodle.com/poll/crgmir8dzh8x7f44
    • The group covered the open Q's for the meeting and we tentatively added topics. 
      • Specimen debrief after joint with PA
      • FHIR stuff (Eric?) 
      • LIVID (on Thursday)
    • TODO: We need to do a co-chair/interested party schedule check next meeting for coverage and timing of topics. 
    • Message Structure Review
      • TODO: Need update from Hans
      • Need to have a review between OO, PA, InM.  Hans Buitendijkto reach out.
      • V2+ would have problems with current structures that have "errors"
      • Target to have our internal review done first week September
  • Healthcare Product Block Vote (with pulled items below)   - Marti/Jose     Against: 0     Abstain: 7   In Favor: 4     –  Passed
    • Device
      • FHIR-28308 - Binding is missing for Device.operationalStatus.value and Device.associationStatus.value valuesets - Ana Kostadinovska

      • FHIR-28197 - Consider an element on Device for brand name - Isaac Vetter — Pulled by Marti. Not resolved. 
      • FHIR-23704 - Why isn't the Device resources, considering its patient reference, within the patient compartment? - Isaac Vetter
    • Device/Definition
      • FHIR-26639 - Rationalise Device.property values (and DeviceDefinition) - Rik Smithies
      • FHIR-26636 - Differentiation of implantable vs. patient-use and "non-implantable" devices unclear - Floyd Eisenberg
      • FHIR-25400 - Change the type of .version element
      • FHIR-20575 Align UDI-DI and DI issuers across Device and DevideDefinition resources, reuse definitions - Ioana Singureanu
      • FHIR-16947 Drop ItemInstance - 2018-May Core STU #141 - Lloyd McKenzie - PULLED
      • FHIR-16314 - Keep Device Instance separate from Device Kind - Hans Buitendijk

    •  DeviceUseStatement
      • FHIR-26900 - Incorrect clinical-patient search parameter on DeviceUseStatement. - Eero Kelly

  • eDOS Peer Review
    • Option 1 (recommended) Add LOINC 80395-7 Date of gestational age estimate to the eDOS IG, and reference it in 11884-4, 49052-4, and 49051-6 to provide guidance on how to report the date.
      • Vote: Frieda/Kathy    Against: 2  Abstain: 2  In Favor: 5 - Passed
    • More to review next week on this

Meeting ended here on the agenda 


    • Nutrition
      • Reviewed upcoming work, updating DAM scope, and at instance/kind.
      • Meeting
        • Every other Wednesday 2-3 ET
      • Project page link: Nutrition
    • Specimen DAM
      • Working on sketch for task, transfer, movement, procedure needs.  Likely needs a new resource.
      • Will involve logistics as well at some point.
      •  Meetings:
        • Every Monday 2 - 3 PM ET
      • Project Page Link: http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=Specimen
    • FHIR - OO on FHIR
      • Have been on hiatus due to other topics needing publication.
      • Reconvene starting mid-August.
      • Meeting
        • Every Tuesday 2 - 3 PM ET
      • Project page link: FHIR
    • AUC - NO UPDATE
      • IHE needs to update Volume IV to reflect CMS vocabulary.
      • Also needs to consider alternative use of ORU to clarify how OBX could be used, plus mapping to FT1.
      • CDSM connection is still proprietary, interest to get CDS Hooks/Standards.
      • Change to the name of the LOINC Code. 
    • CIMI/Concept Modeling
      • Co-chair will meet to discuss the future of the group – Lorraine will check what’s up
    • DME
      • Need to sort out Post-Acute Orders vs. DME (as in NIB).
      • Check with Bob Dieterle.  Needed before publication.
      • Project Page Link: DME Project
    • Healthcare Product: Device/DeviceDefinition/UDI
      • UDI IG draft proposal for Aug 31 and then to OO.
      • UDI DAM in ballot
      • BR&R
      • PPE/Inventory August 24
      • Resource Proposal Updates
      • Meeting: Every Monday 3 -4 PM ET
    • V2+ 
      • Still need to look at open tickets and message structure issues.
      • Meetings:
        • Every other Friday, 9-10am ET
      • Project Page Link: V2+
    • V2-to-FHIR

    • US Realm Lab (eDOS/LOI/LRI) 
      • See AOE PSS discussion above
        • PSS was approved for January ballot.
      • HHS ELR Guidance document "locked in" 
      • LOI has STU comments and maybe (unclear) updates from HHS/CDC
    • Product Grid – no update, is not needed this cycle
      • Co-chair meeting to re-group.
      • Need to still review the status of our standards in the product grid: http://hl7.org/implement/standards/product_matrix.cfm?ref=nav
        • Status definitions - Riki to follow up to see where those are in the grid - here are the ones given to TSC:
          • active, planned use or in use, future maintenance release
            • stable, in use, generate feedback, not active
            • review, not updated in foreseeable future
            • deprecated - deprecated - no further work planned - if not already using, it is not recommended to be implemented