Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Time: 1 - 2 PM ET

Coordinates:

Attendees

Name 

Affiliation

Lorraine ConstableConstable Consulting
JD NolenChildren's Mercy Hospital
Rob HausamHausam Consulting
Ralf HerzogRoche
Andrea PitkusUniversity of Wisconsin
Becky GradlAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Dan RutzEpic
Marti VelezisSonrisa / FDA
Freida HallQuest Diagnostics
Jose Costa Teixeira
Kathy WalshLabCorp
Nancy SpectorAMA
Yanyan HuJoint Commission
Molly MalaveyAMA
David BurgessLabCorp
Riki MerrickVernetzt LLC / APHL








Chair: Hans Buitendijk

Scribe: Hans Buitendijk

Agenda:

  • Agenda Review

  • Minutes
    • 2020-08-13 - Motion to accept as distributed.  JD Nolen, Patrick Loyd
      • Against: 0; Abstain: 2; In Favor: 13

  • Ballot
    • LRI was submitted, but track changes were lost. 
    • An updated version was posted that includes the change tracking.

  •  PSS
  • Pre-WGM Joint Meetings:
    • HCD - Device/DeviceDefinition/DeviceMetric - Something around 9am ET Still TBD
    • Pt Care - Still waiting for Observation-Condition to get on the calendar
    • BR&R - Inviting to HCP meeting slot for August 31.  Substance, SubstanceDefinition, PackagedProduct, etc.

  • September WGM Timeslots - OO WGM Agenda - 202009
    • Doodle Prep - https://www.doodle.com/poll/crgmir8dzh8x7f44
    • With FHIR-I:
      • Per FHIR-I -

        • For this WGM, the plan is as follows:
          1. We will plan to hold 4 "open joint" sessions scattered across the days and the time-slots to hopefully ensure that every work group can send representatives to at least one
          2. We invite work groups to register for one of those sessions by emailing me. If there are specific joint topics you wish to discuss, let me know that as well as an estimate of how long it will take. If you don't register for a slot in advance, you're welcome to attend, but your topics will be dealt with at the end.
          3. If a given time-slot becomes too full, we'll encourage work groups to choose another one or look at adding another one.
          4. If no work groups register for a slot, we'll cancel it
          5. If a work group figures they're going to need more than a 15 minute summary presentation and 15 minutes of discussion time on their specific work group issues, let us know and we'll schedule a full joint session at a mutually agreeable time.

          The proposed joint time-slots are:
          Monday 2-4 MT
          Tuesday 2-4 MT
          Wednesday 4-6 MT
          Thursday 2-4 MT

    • Doodle poll filled out for the above:
      • Joining PC/Vocab – Friday 10 AM ET
      • OO Hosting CDS, CIMI and CQI Monday 12 PM ET
      • OO Hosting CG Tuesday 10 AM ET
      • OO Hosting II Wednesday 10 AM ET
      • Joining FHIR-I Thursday 2 – 4 PM ET
      • OO Hosting HCD, BR&R Thursday 10 AM ET
      • Still in flight.
    • Lorraine working on Attendance Log
    • Message Structure Review
      • Need to have a review between OO, PA, InM.
      • V2+ would have problems with current structures that have "errors"
      • Target to have our internal review done first week September

  • v2 Change Requests - Next Week
  • Project updates
    • Nutrition
      • Reviewed upcoming work, updating DAM scope, and at instance/kind.
      • Meeting
        • Every other Wednesday 2-3 ET
      • Project page link: Nutrition
    • Specimen DAM
      • Working on sketch for task, transfer, movement, procedure needs.  Likely needs a new resource.
      • Will involve logistics as well at some point.
      •  Meetings:
        • Every Monday 2 - 3 PM ET
      • Project Page Link: http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=Specimen
    • FHIR - OO on FHIR
      • Have been on hiatus due to other topics needing publication.
      • Reconvene starting mid-August.
      • Meeting
        • Every Tuesday 2 - 3 PM ET
      • Project page link: FHIR
    • AUC - NO UPDATE
      • IHE needs to update Volume IV to reflect CMS vocabulary.
      • Also needs to consider alternative use of ORU to clarify how OBX could be used, plus mapping to FT1.
      • CDSM connection is still proprietary, interest to get CDS Hooks/Standards.
      • Change to the name of the LOINC Code. 
    • CIMI/Concept Modeling
      • Co-chair will meet to discuss the future of the group – Lorraine will check what’s up
    • DME
      • Need to sort out Post-Acute Orders vs. DME (as in NIB).
      • Check with Bob Dieterle.  Needed before publication.
      • Project Page Link: DME Project
    • Healthcare Product: Device/DeviceDefinition/UDI
      • UDI IG draft proposal for Aug 31 and then to OO.
      • UDI DAM in ballot
      • BR&R
      • PPE/Inventory August 24
      • Resource Proposal Updates
      • Meeting: Every Monday 3 -4 PM ET
    • V2+ 
      • Still need to look at open tickets and message structure issues.
      • Meetings:
        • Every other Friday, 9-10am ET
      • Project Page Link: V2+
    • V2-to-FHIR

    • US Realm Lab (eDOS/LOI/LRI) 
      • See AOE PSS discussion above
        • PSS was approved for January ballot.
      • HHS ELR Guidance document "locked in" 
      • LOI has STU comments and maybe (unclear) updates from HHS/CDC
    • Product Grid – no update, is not needed this cycle
      • Co-chair meeting to re-group.
      • Need to still review the status of our standards in the product grid: http://hl7.org/implement/standards/product_matrix.cfm?ref=nav
        • Status definitions - Riki to follow up to see where those are in the grid - here are the ones given to TSC:
          • active, planned use or in use, future maintenance release
            • stable, in use, generate feedback, not active
            • review, not updated in foreseeable future
            • deprecated - deprecated - no further work planned - if not already using, it is not recommended to be implemented