Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Time: 1 - 2 PM ET

Coordinates:


Attendees

Name 

Affiliation

Ralf HerzogRoche
JD NolenChildren's Mercy Hospital
Freida HallQuest Diagnostics
Andrea PitkusUW
Nancy SpectorAMA
Rob HausamHausam Consulting
Craig NewmanAltarum
Hans BuitendijkCerner
Becky GradlAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Kathy WalshLabCorp
Molly MalaveyAMA
Marti VelezisSonrise / FDA
Lorraine ConstableConstable Consulting
Spencer Crosswy
Nandini Ganguly 
Dan RutzEpic
Eric HaasHealthe Data
Michael WatersFDA
Jose Costa Teixeira


Chair: Hans Buitendijk

Scribe: Hans Buitendijk

Agenda:

  • Agenda Review

  • Minutes
    • 2020-08-06 - Motion to accept as upated.  JD Nolen, Lorraine Constable
      • Against: 0; Abstain: 1; In Favor: 12

  • Centers for Medical Interoperability (C4MI): FHIR Data for PPE and Capacity
    • Working with CDC on PPE Readiness project
    • Create eco-system of systems sharing order/inventory (on-hand, order status, quantity) PPE
    • Started last year, before COVID pandemic.
    • COVID accelerated and now operational.
    • FHIR API is primary exchange method.
    • Profiled Basic could not find relevant resources.
    • Got data to flow, but want to bring it back into HL7 with proper/new resources.
    • Developed coding for PPE types.
    • SupplyRequest, Device, DeviceDefinition, Measure, MeasureReport might be suitable, but need to review further.
    • Reach out to SANER (Keith Boone, Craig Newman), OO Healthcare Product track (Hans Buitendijk, Jose Costa Teixeira)
    • Need to consider for US other standards in play, plus FM.
    • Consider WGM as well joint with FM (other inventory standards) and PH (SANER)
  • eDOS Peer Review
    • Send out meeting time potentials to list.
    • Received STU comments that need to be addressed.
    • Options are this Friday or Monday if pressing, but aiming for August 24 week to get more people.
    • Have a first pass by smaller group.
    • Depending on progress, can use WGM to further finalize and/or review with larger group.
    • Once approved, starting to get ready for January ballot.

  • Ballot Prep Updates
    • DME: Post Acute Orders IG: https://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/dme-orders/index.html
      • Ready
    • v2-to-FHIR
      • Content ready
      • Waiting for TSC to approve appeal.  Should know tomorrow, but already have 6 affirmative, enough to pass.
    • Order Catalog:
      • Ready
    • LRI:
      • Ready
    • UDI DAM:
      • Ready
    • Vital Signs: http://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/cimi-vital-signs/branches/master/index.html
      • Ballot site ready to go.
      • There were remaining QA approval requirements that supposedly Grahame was o.k. with.
      • Still a number of warnings on missing examples, derivations from US Core (discussed with Grahame, but apparently o.k.).
      • Motion to proceed with ballot with condition that all quality issues are addressed before publication and that we address communication between the project team and OO to catch these issues earlier in the process.  Rob Hausam, Lorraine Constable.
        • Against: 3; Abstain: 7; In Favor; 5
      • Hans to send e-mail to Susan/Nathan and copy Lynn + co-chairs
  •  Joint Meetings Update - Not discussed
    • September WGM Timeslots - https://www.doodle.com/poll/crgmir8dzh8x7f44
      • HCD - Device/DeviceDefinition/DeviceMetric - Something around 9am ET Still TBD
      • Pt Care - Still waiting for Observation-Condition to get on the calendar - this may not be during the WGM times potentially
      • Joint with Vocab? Sept 2020 - HL7 Virtual WGM Meeting Agenda for Vocabulary
        • PC/Vocab Friday (9/25) at 10 am ET - they requested at least OO representation
      • CQI: 
        • Request for OO to invite CQI and CDS and CIMI 12-2 ET Monday
      • CG wants to meet what slots to offer?
        • Tuesday early ET, since many Europeans on the call
      • With II - topics: 
        • map out what the radiology order-to-acquisition workflow looks like in FHIR. This has come up before in joint meetings but I think we now have some bandwidth to work on it
        • work going on in the IHE around AI results, which involves looking at how imaging measurements map to FHIR observations. On the DICOM side we are getting a steer to look at the precedent to look at the DICOM SR to CDA mapping defined in DICOM part 20. I think it makes sense to look at the more granular level first but I am open to suggestions.

      • With FHIR-I:
        • For this WGM, the plan is as follows:
          1. We will plan to hold 4 "open joint" sessions scattered across the days and the time-slots to hopefully ensure that every work group can send representatives to at least one
          2. We invite work groups to register for one of those sessions by emailing me. If there are specific joint topics you wish to discuss, let me know that as well as an estimate of how long it will take. If you don't register for a slot in advance, you're welcome to attend, but your topics will be dealt with at the end.
          3. If a given time-slot becomes too full, we'll encourage work groups to choose another one or look at adding another one.
          4. If no work groups register for a slot, we'll cancel it
          5. If a work group figures they're going to need more than a 15 minute summary presentation and 15 minutes of discussion time on their specific work group issues, let us know and we'll schedule a full joint session at a mutually agreeable time.

          The proposed joint time-slots are:
          Monday 2-4
          Tuesday 2-4
          Wednesday 4-6
          Thursday 2-4

      • Doodle poll filled out for the above:
        • Joining PC/Vocab – Friday 10 AM ET
        • OO Hosting CDS, CIMI and CQI Monday 12 PM ET
        • OO Hosting CG Tuesday 10 AM ET
        • OO Hosting II Wednesday 10 AM ET
        • Joining FHIR-I Thursday 2 – 4 PM ET
        • OO Hosting HCD, BR&R Thursday 10 AM ET
      • FINAL LAYOUT FROM today's discussion (thank you Lorraine!): OO WGM Agenda - 202009

  • v2 Change Requests - Not discussed
  • Project updates - Not discussed
    • Nutrition
      • Cancelled meeting two weeks from now, so next meeting 8/19.
      • Looking at instance/kind and broadening DAM scope.
      • Meeting
        • Every other Wednesday 2-3 ET
      • Project page link: Nutrition
    • Specimen DAM
    • FHIR - OO on FHIR
      • Have been on hiatus due to other topics needing publication.
      • Reconvene starting mid-August.
      •  Meeting
        • Every Tuesday 2 - 3 PM ET
      • Project page link: FHIR
    • AUC - NO UPDATE
      • IHE needs to update Volume IV to reflect CMS vocabulary.
      • Also needs to consider alternative use of ORU to clarify how OBX could be used, plus mapping to FT1.
      • CDSM connection is still proprietary, interest to get CDS Hooks/Standards.
      • Change to the name of the LOINC Code. 
    • CIMI/Concept Modeling
      • Co-chair will meet to discuss the future of the group – Lorraine will check what’s up
    • DME 
    • Healthcare Product: Device/DeviceDefinition/UDI
      • Block vote done.  Continue with further JIRAs and RP updates.
      • UDI IG is next after UDI DAM is out for ballot.  Starting August 3.
      • Meeting 
    • V2+