Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Time: 1 -2 PM EDT

Coordinates:

Attendees:


Name

Organization

1

Andrea PitkusUW - Madison

2

Dan RutzEpic

3

Rob HausamHausam Consulting

4

Kathy WalshLabCorp

5

Ralf HerzogRoche

6

Freida HallQuest

7

Jose Costa Teixeira

8

Becky GradlAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics
9JD NolenMercy Children's Hospital
10Marti VelezisSonrisa / FDA
11Lorraine ConstableConstable Consulting
12Hans BuitendijkCerner
13

14

15

16

17

18

19


Co-Chair: Hans Buitendijk 

Scribe: Hans Buitendijk

Agenda:

  • Agenda Review

  • Minutes
  • FHIR:

    • FHIR-26827 = Add extension to supplyRequest.itemReference(...|DeviceDefinition)
      • Discussion in flight to get pre-publication approach to pre-adopting build content.
      • Does not look like we need this urgently, so can wait.


  • Plan joint calls for the original May WGM week
    • CQI/CDS/CIMI - Interest in common resources - Riki - Monday, 1:30-3:00ET Yes.
    • FHIR-I - Laboratory Workflows/Product Pattern/DeviceDispense (may be use existing Monday call?) - Ralf
      • May 20, 4-5:30 ET.  Yes
    • V2+ - use existing Friday call, if enough interest, overview?  and if Grahame Grieve can attend - Hans - No word yet.
    • HCD - Device/DeviceDefinition/DeviceMetric - Hans - Something around 9am ET  Yes
    • PH/BR&R/Rx/FHIR-I/HCD - Healthcare Product - Hans - BR&R wants to be separate as well.  Pharmacy/FHIR-I looking for more details.  - Wednesday - 10-11:30 ET  Yes, clarify
    • CIMI - Update on the Logica project models.  Let them reach out to others. - Riki In addition to Monday?  Should be with PC as well.
    • II/CG/BR&R - Common interest - JD - Float Thursday - 10-11:30 ET
      • CG looking at timeslots and will be back to us.
    • PC - Common interest - Rob - No response yet.
      • Nutrition process/intake
      • Data Absent Reason? and other v2-to-FHIR
      • Logica Observation-Condition Follow-up?
    • Calendar link: Work Group Call Schedule - May 2020
  • Project updates
    • LIVD
      • Looking at history in the publication, i.e., mapping to different LOINC version/effective date.
      • Still in flight
        • Need to wrap up the old artifacts around ballot
        • Need to build the  Version 2 ballot content
      • Meeting
        • Every Friday, 1-2pm ET
    • Order Service Catalog 
      • Preparing for connectathon
      • Meeting
    • Nutrition
      • Met yesterday
      • Working on value sets.
      • Will focus on Nutrition Intake resource and NutritionProduct
      • Meeting
        • Every other Wednesday 2-3 ET
      • Project page link: Nutrition
    • Specimen DAM
    • FHIR - OO on FHIR
      • No news
      • DiagnosticReport - Composition to be addressed through Breast Cancer FHIR IG feedback that then goes to OO on FHIR.
      • Meeting
        • Every Tuesday 2 - 3 PM ET
      • Project page link: FHIR
    • AUC - no update
      • IHE needs to update Volume IV to reflect CMS vocabulary.
      • Also needs to consider alternative use of ORU to clarify how OBX could be used, plus mapping to FT1.
      • CDSM connection is still proprietary, interest to get CDS Hooks/Standards.
    • CIMI/Concept Modeling
      • no update
    • DME
    • Healthcare Product: Device/DeviceDefinition/UDI
      • 24077 - Keep it applied, a new JIRA
      • 23768 - Hans and Jose to check
      • 19590 - Already addressed
      • 20574 - Keep it applied.
      • 17642 - What is needed?  Hans, Jose
      • 20562 - Fine.
      • 23845 - Jose to check with Brian on .xml source or even latest.
      • 24696 - Just clarification on the definitions.  If the values on them need to adjust in line of operational and association status, then come back.
      • 20564 and companion - can be applied next week, not essential for Connectathon
      • When to pull a list from deviceRequest or other device resources (e.g., use statement) – This is a similar challenge as with medication lists.
      • Working device related jiras
      • Meeting 
        • Every Monday 3 -4 PM ET
      • Project Page Link: Healthcare Product
    • V2+ 
      • Making progress on how to use FHIR structureDefinition to express content
      • Meetings:
        • Every other Friday, 9-10am ET
      • Project Page Link: V2+
    • V2-to-FHIR

      • Making progress on the IG creation
      • Will still do connectathon in May
      • DataAbsentResaon
        • If we have a field on V2 that is optional, when it is required in FHIR – how to map
        • How to map, when the value sets on either sides are not synced?
          • Nullflavors in v2 value set vs not in FHIR value set, but dataAbsentReason use
      • https://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/v2-to-fhir/branches/master/index.html
      • Meetings:
        • Mondays 1 - 2 PM ET
        • Tuesdays 11 - 12 AM EDT
    • US Realm Lab (eDOS/LOI/LRI) 
      •  eDOS
        • STU Update can be done and separating into two documents.
          • Freida prepping Peer Review and then publication
        • To add new content, that would require new PSS. 
          • This would need to be cross-paradigm when including FHIR.
          • If we want it balloted in September, would require exception.
          • Will have a draft next week.
      • Backup documentation for DSTU comments: https://confluence.hl7.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=76152954
    • Product Grid – no update, is not needed this cycle
      • Need to still review the status of our standards in the product grid: http://hl7.org/implement/standards/product_matrix.cfm?ref=nav
        • Status definitions - Riki to follow up to see where those are in the grid - here are the ones given to TSC:
          • active, planned use or in use, future maintenance release
          • stable, in use, generate feedback, not active
          • review, not updated in foreseeable future
          • deprecated - deprecated - no further work planned - if not already using, it is not recommended to be implemented
    • May Connectathon more details for next week’s agenda
      • Will be virtual
      • May 13 – 15 (Wed – Fri) with rolling attendance
      • Tracks have been submitted