Time: 1 -2 PM EDT


  • #FreeConference: Ord
  • +1 515 606 5332
  • Access Code: 294586#





Ralf HerzogRoche


Rob HausamHausam Consulting


Kathy WalshLabCorp


JD NolenChildren's Mercy Hospital


Tawni RellerAscension


Marti VelezisSonrisa/FDA


Becky GradlAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics 


Andrea Pitkus
9Keith Boone
10Seth BlumenthalAMA
11Jim HarrisonUVA 
12Lorraine ConstableConstable Consulting
13Eric HaasHealtheData Inc. 





Co-Chair: JD Nolen

Scribe: JD Nolen


  • PSS
    • Mobile Devices - Co-Sponsorship - Keith Boone
    • Keith reviewed PSS and its reason for being.
    • Question about FHIR requirements…which is gap.
    • Different devices, same type of measurement, and lack of attribution of measurement to device.
    • Motion for OO to be a co-sponsor   Keith/Eric  Against: 0 Abstain: 1 In Favor: 12

  • FHIR 
    • v2-to-FHIR IG Proposal
      • Review by Keith
      • FMG gave provisional approval pending update to Long Description.  That is included in this version using the draft IG Introduction as the basis.
      • v2 Mgmt should review/approve tomorrow
      • Then we can attempt to get an exception to still go to ballot in May which requires FMG and possibly TSC as v2 Mgmt was already o.k. if we used .doc/.pdf format.  We prefer to avoid that.  Rationale to FMG will be that we are running this through Peer Review in next couple of weeks to get all the technical kinks out.
      • Needs a blessing to go to ballot since the deadlines have passed. 
      • Motion to approve the IG Proposal     Lorraine/Keith     Abstain: 0 Against: 0 In Favor: 12 
  • CIMI
  • Project updates
    • Nutrition
      • Working on narratives for nutrition product resource. 
      • Question from Eric about boundaries between food and food components 
      • Becky will bring up this boundary/edge case on a future HCD call. 
      • Meeting
        • Every other Wednesday 2-3 ET
      • Project page link: Nutrition
    • Specimen DAM
    • FHIR - OO on FHIR
      • Further discussion about v2-to-FHIR mapping about OBX segments following SPM segments. 
      • What is the role (or boundary) for observations about the specimen vs. observations derived from the specimen like a gross description in an AP case report.
      • Need for more discussion on Specimen and FHIR calls and use cases. 
      • Meeting
        • Every Tuesday 2 - 3 PM ET
      • Project page link: FHIR
    • AUC - no update
      • IHE needs to update Volume IV to reflect CMS vocabulary.
      • Also needs to consider alternative use of ORU to clarify how OBX could be used, plus mapping to FT1.
      • CDSM connection is still proprietary, interest to get CDS Hooks/Standards.
    • CIMI/Concept Modeling - no update
      • See above
    • DME  - no update
      • Meetings have resumed, next call tomorrow
      • Meetings:
        • Every Friday 4 - 5 PM ET
        • Monday's for the CMS/Mitre deployment project team.
      • Project Page Link: DME Project
    • Healthcare Product: Device/DeviceDefinition/UDI
      • Publication request in, feedback received and changes to be made by Hans for UDI pattern 
      • 2 NIB revisions by Marti in flight. 
      • Revising content in the UDI DAM 
      • Meeting 
        • Every Monday 3 -4 PM ET
      • Project Page Link: Healthcare Product
    • V2+ - no update
      • Meetings:
        • Every other Friday, 9-10am ET
      • Project Page Link: V2+
    • V2.9 - no update
      • An errata and UTG topic to follow.
    • V2-to-FHIR

    • AMA

      • Archiving AMA specific PSS and will update CIMI Vital Signs PSS to include the AMA scope = update from Susan Matney?
    • US Realm Lab (eDOS/LOI/LRI) - no update
      • These STUs are all set to expire in June 2020 - need to do an STU update or do we want to re-ballot?
      • Hans to create a spot on Confluence for backup documentation.
  • For future calls:
    • Need to still review the status of our standards in the product grid: http://hl7.org/implement/standards/product_matrix.cfm?ref=nav
      • Status definitions - Riki to follow up to see where those are in the grid - here are the ones given to TSC:
        • active, planned use or in use, future maintenance release
        • stable, in use, generate feedback, not active
        • review, not updated in foreseeable future
        • deprecated - deprecated - no further work planned - if not already using, it is not recommended to be implemented