- PSS: 2-To-FHIR
- ListServ: email@example.com
- Zulip: https://chat.fhir.org/#narrow/stream/179188-v2-to.20FHIR
- Conference Call Schedule: http://www.hl7.org/concalls/Default.aspx?ref=nav.
- Every week, Monday 1 - 2 PM ET AND Tuesday 11 AM - 12 PM ET
- Timeline: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VGxDBN5veBPhMISyRlL45CxZ9T5VwrmS0729rnTUYas/edit#gid=0
- IG Github: https://github.com/HL7/v2-to-fhir
- Meeting Minutes
- v2-to-FHIR Mapping Review Process
- Connectathon 24
- Mapping Worksheets:
- gitHub: https://github.com/HL7/v2-to-fhir
- v2-to-FHIR IG: https://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/v2-to-fhir/branches/master/index.html
- Note that for Messages the different .xml, .json, .turtle, .fsh are available from the mapping page (e.g., https://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/v2-to-fhir/branches/master/ConceptMap-message-adt-a01-to-bundle.html), but for segment and data type pages you have to construct the URL by inserting your favorite format before the .html part. For example: Change https://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/v2-to-fhir/branches/master/ConceptMap-segment-obrdiagnosticreport-to-diagnosticreport.html to https://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/v2-to-fhir/branches/master/ConceptMap-segment-obrdiagnosticreport-to-diagnosticreport.json.html
- Old confluence pages: Implementation Guide
- v2 Sample Messages
- To add samples or output, you can update the page directly, or let Hans know if you don't have an account yet.
- You do need a JIRA/Confluence account. Instructions to create one are here: http://www.hl7.org/permalink?confluence.
- v2 Message Sample Generator: https://github.com/google/simhospital
- v2-to-FHIR: Test Message Conversions
- Extension Proposal List
- Validation Rule
- Error Log - Record errors you find in the mapping tables that need to be fixed. Note that these are not meant to include errors to the wrong resource/attribute/component, only errors in syntax and essential data to enable mapping.
Other Helpful/Insightful Links:
- Microsoft's Google Spreadsheet Download Tool.
Known Implementation Projects
Please enter your project if you are contributing to and/or using the mappings as they are being defined.
- Data Type Mapping
- Initially target creating worksheets/templates to assist Segment/Field mapping.
- Do so as we go, i.e., work on a segment and populate the data type mappings as we run into them.
- Create flavors as needed.
- Segment/Field Mapping
- Target this as balloted content.
- Create flavors as needed based on use in various messages.
- Segments in priority order for now: MSH, PID, PD1, NK1(RelatePerson/Patient.contact), ROL/PRT, (IN1), PV1, PV2, ORC, OBR, OBX, RXO?, RXE?, RDS?, RXA, RXR, SPM, NTE
- Target this as balloted content.
- Message in priority order for now: A01, A04. ORM/OMG, OML, ORU, VXU, DFT
- v2-to-FHIR Security/Access Restriction
Mapping topics to discuss
- The use of the Provenance resource when "entering" information is part of the segment (e.g. ORC-10)
- How to best populate Resource.id and what are the implications for future FHIR queries/searches
- Technically this doesn't seem to be required, but it seems pretty foundational
- If we do decide to populate this, how do it for resources that are the central focus of the v2 message (eg. what is Provider.id for the administering provider of an immunization?)
- The need to provide guidance on required resource elements (if any) when there isn't a direct equivalent in the v2 message
- Many segments use Action Code (Add, Delete, Update) - we should talk about how to handle this information. Does a D map to a status of "entered-in-error"? Do we need to map values of A and U?
- Where FHIR providers a preferred, extensible or required value set and v2 has commonly used table values, do we want to provide a mapping between value sets?
- We should review Zulip threads related to messaging including:
- When we get to medication messages, review the Zulip thread here: https://chat.fhir.org/#narrow/stream/179188-v2-to.20FHIR/topic/RDE_O11.20to.20MedicationRequest.20and.20Medication/near/162455908
- People are asking about what event types to use
- How to handle fields containing ""
- What guidance if any should we give on using contained resources when converting a message to a FHIR bundle.
- We should at least mention deduplication as a implementation decision
- For example, if the same provider shows up multiple times in a message (multiple PRT segments or multiple ORC segments, each with ORC-12 populated), should the transformation create one Practitioner resource for each instance in the message or just create one and reference it multiple times?
- If the transformer does deduplication, what level of "certainty" should they have before deciding multiple occurrences do represent the same person?
- We should come up with a map of OBX-2 values to FHIR data types