Every 2 weeks on Wednesday at 3:00 PM ET
Web Meeting Link:
- Approve Previous Minutes
- UTG Issue Review
- FHIR 80% Rule Presentation
- RelatedArtifact datatype issue (FHIR-32973)
Approve Previous Minutes
- Minutes to Prior Meeting on 2021-07-21 approved by General Consent.
UTG Issue Review
- No issues to review
FHIR 80% Rule Presentation
- There is misunderstanding of what exactly the 80% heuristic means in designing FHIR resources.
- We need to write down all of the misconceptions and provide answers to those misconceptions. Some of the misconceptions are about the datatype of elements.
- Statement of the rule: "there is evidence that 80% of the potential implementations that support the scope of your resource have the capability to handle the element you want to add"
- You may find out as you get wider implementations of your resource that an element in the 80% actually isn't.
- The idea behind the rule is to be cautious about what goes in the core specification. If you are unsure, create a core extension and move it into core in the future.
- Action: Lloyd will create an initial presentation and distribute it on the MnM list.
Action: MnM members will review presentation and provide feedback.
RelatedArtifact Datatype Issue (FHIR-32973)
- Discussion was had and the ticket was resolved FHIR-32973 - Getting issue details... STATUS