Every 2 weeks on Wednesday at 3:00 PM ET
Web Meeting Link:
- Approve Previous Minutes
- Review UTG proposals
- Tracker Items
- Review Extensible and Required bindings in the core spec
- Guidance on the uniqueness of 'name' elements in FHIR core (and in IGs)
- Jean Duteau (chair)
- Ron Shapiro (scribe)
- Rob McClure
- John Moehrke
- Bryn Rhodes(joined during extensible bindings discussion)
- Lloyd McKenzie(joined during uniqueness of 'name' elements discussion)
- AbdulMalik Shakir(joined during uniqueness of 'name' elements discussion)
Approve Previous Minutes
- Minutes to prior meeting on 2021-04-07 approved by General Consent.
UTG Proposal Review
- https://jira.hl7.org/issues/ (all unresolved) or https://jira.hl7.org/issues/ (unresolved in consensus review status)
- AMS is working 3 open issues, 2 voted for positively already, 1 is being worked on
FHIR-31746Getting issue details...
- Technical Correction
FHIR-31293Getting issue details...
- Technical Correction
FHIR-31697Getting issue details...
- Reject Request: Ron Shapiro / Rob Hausam: 3-0-0
Review extensible (and required) bindings in the core spec
- cont'd from last week
- Reviewed current guidance located at Guide to Designing Resources – specifically https://confluence.hl7.org/display/FHIR/Guide+to+Designing+Resources#GuidetoDesigningResources-Whatshouldthebindingstrengthbe?
- after reviewing the guidance for Required and Extensible, we don't see anything that is missing
- will suggest that the Terminology Infrastructure Work Group (formerly Vocabulary Work Group) review the text as well
- To address reviewing the current bindings in the core spec, we will create a Jira issue:
Guidance on the uniqueness of 'name' elements in FHIR core (and in IGs)
The name elements of SearchParameters are not unique across resources. Should they be? They're supposed to be used for software purposes and I would think uniqueness across all of core would matter?
- for example, multiple core resources have a search parameter of 'date', but it would be more useful to have these named something that would help the user understand what kind of date it is searching on
- some search parameters operate across resources, but those search parameters should already be named correctly
- propose that the combination of resource type + search parameter name should be unique across all resources (and implementation guides?)
Also, we're not following our recommendation of UpperCamelCase for names
Should we require that 'title' (the human readable name) be present for HL7-defined artifacts?
- currently none of the Structure Definitions have a 'title' element, but agree that all of them should
- Lloyd McKenzie will create a Jira issue to update the tooling to enforce the combination of resource type + search parameter name be unique
- Lloyd McKenzie will create a Jira issue to update the tooling to enforce all search parameter names be UpperCamelCase
- Lloyd McKenzie will create a Jira issue to add a 'title' element for all core specification resources
- 4:00 PM ET