Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendance

II Virtual WG Attendance 2021-01


 

WG-20/HL7 Imaging Integration meeting @ Virtual January Working Group Meeting


 

 

Tuesday, Jan. 26

Wednesday, Jan. 27

Thursday, Jan. 28

 

 

Q1

Q2

Q3

Q1

Q2-*

Q3

Q1

Q2

Company

Voting Member










John Moehrke

X




























AAPM

Bruce Bray

X







American College of Radiology

Brian Bialecki







X


Canon

Jonathan Whitby

X

X

X

x


X

X

X

DICOM Usergroup Austria

Reinhard Egelkraut

X

X







GE Healthcare

Chris Lindop

X

X

X

X


X

X

x

NVIDIA

Brad Genereaux






X



Philips

Chris Melo

X



X


X



Siemens Healthineers

Eric Martin






X



Company

Others









American College of Radiology

Dan Steinberger, Alt-Voting








By Light Professional Services

John Moehrke, Observer


X







GE Healthcare

Abderrazek Boufahja, Observer

X

X


X





GE Healthcare

Steve Nichols, Alt-Voting




X



X


HHS - ONC

Andrew Northrup






X



HL7

David Hammill, Observer


X







HL7

Ann Philips, Staff


X







Hologic

Janet Keyes, Observer






X



Microsoft

Gino Canessa


X




X



Philips

Bas van den Heuvel, Observer

X





X



PMJ Consulting

Peter Muir

X





X

X


 

DICOM Secretariat










Carolyn Hull

X

X

X

X


X

X

X


*See O&O Meeting notes for this

  1. Opening
  • Call to order, introductions, and welcome. Meeting called to order, the group was welcomed, and everyone welcomed to the call.
  • Antitrust rules. Antitrust statement read per DICOM/NEMA rules, as well as patent policy reminder.
  • Review & approval of the Agenda- Discussion of when to add dose report. Agenda reviewed.
  • Minutes of the previous meeting. These were approved.
  1. General Administration
  • Review PBS Metrics (Jan 2021 interimJan 2021 final)- Review of this, remove the WG-20 item.
  • Review Workgroup Health Metrics (Jan 2021 interimJan 2021  final)- Review of these metrics. These are in good shape, one of the metrics is lower.
  • Review joint meeting agendas- Reviewed these: O&O- order based workflow, extracting content to FHIR, encounter resource.

I&M-will hold joint meeting later I the week.

  • Review and update IIWG Three Year Plan- Reviewed this plan from September 2018- possibly retire “Proxy to a DICOM archive,” FHIR and DICOMweb- still a good topic and under discussion.  Likely remove authentication/networking across a FHIR DICOMweb ecosystem. Applying Operations-review.
  • Review IIWG SWOT Analysis and update as needed- Review of this. Removed CDS and AI/ML item in opportunities.
  • Review any other housekeeping topics- Future Working Group meetings discussion. Have more sessions on a variety of topics going forward. Looked at DMP document. Add a bit in the DMP document.

1/26/21- Q2 Tuesday:

  1. Call to order, introductions, and welcome. Meeting called to order, the group was welcomed, and everyone welcomed to the call.

 

  1. Antitrust rules. Antitrust statement read per DICOM/NEMA rules, as well as patent policy reminder.


  1. Meeting topics
  • Review Projects and update ProjectDeadlines
  • Sponsor
    • ImagingStudy and R5- FHIRCAST including Imaging Study as part of their testing. Get a readout from Isaac. 17179-status codes. Is moving from FMM 3-4 acceptable? Yes. We will aim to do that.

Action: Reach out to Working Group and Isaac Vetter on whether it has been tested, etc. in Connectathon.

Next step is going through FMG for their review.  

Status codes- not persuasive-conforming to event pattern (triaged). Create proposed disposition, then workflow, then reject

Imaging Study Status- Jonathan Action: Reach out to Elliot Silver on this issue. Possible resolution to add text. Resolutions in the text.

FHIR 22118- Separate accession number from Imaging… Proposal in document-

Rad Elements-Terminology- Action: Need to review process for this one.  

Imaging Study not scalable- Consider maturity and use case discussions. Possible core use cases: EMR integration (no series/instance), MHD-I (w/series and instances)

17179-status codes-conforming to an event pattern- (maybe close this as not persuasive)

  • Status of Project 1230: HL7 Endorsement of DICOM PS3.20: Imaging Reports using HL7 CDA
  • Co-sponsor

1/26/21 - Q3 Tuesday:

  • Continue Review Projects and update Project Deadlines
    • Sponsor
      • ImagingStudy and R5
        • Status and maturity
      • Status of Project 1230: HL7 Endorsement of DICOM PS3.20: Imaging Reports using HL7 CDA- Propose to withdraw. Vote to withdraw.
    • Co-sponsor
      • Status of Project 1010 (Ordering service interface spec) Will discuss with O&O.
      • Status of Project 1453 (IHE Digital Pathology Workflow)-Will discuss with O&O.
  • FHIR ImagingReference resource proposal- will be a cosponsor- moving to I&M
  • Resource ImagingStudy (10.4.7)- Separate accession number from Imaging Study- FHIR 22118-moved to Confluence and added requirements.
  • Examples-10.4.6-

1/27/21-Q1 Wednesday

    1. Call to order, introductions, and welcome. Meeting called to order, the group was welcomed, and everyone welcomed to the call.

 

  1. Antitrust rules. Antitrust statement read per DICOM/NEMA rules, as well as patent policy reminder.

Dose Report-PSS

  • Codex suggested to change the name: Radiation Dose Summary on FHIR. “Radiation Dose Summary for Diagnostic Procedures on FHIR” is suggested. Pharmacy wants to cosponsor.
  • Suggestion for having one meeting a month to be on dose report, and more meetings on specific topics, rather than multiple topics.


  • Review of comments


Moving forward with new process Now, create a PSS but different with the pilot workflow process. We will be provided with a project ID. Can reach out to a domain expert 


  • FHIR implementation guide 


Timeline: after we finalize, 4 weeks or so for other groups to approve. March likely finalized. Can use in April FHIR Connectathon. 


Potentially ready to ballot in September 



1/27/21- Q3 Wednesday

Breast Cancer reporting approach-

Image Reference Document Reference extension


  • Breast Cancer reporting work vs. other approaches
  • Formalizing extension / next steps

-Breast radiation is regulated. That’s why they use ACR-By-rad. Make sure that whatever is being done in this realm, esp. in the US, that is producing items that goes along with the ACR-By-rad.


DICOM template structure in Part 16- and this was with ACR and by-rad


Don’t have MR for breast in there.


Unsure whether there is a group using the DICOM templates. Templates are in Pt. 16.


Gather any feedback-send link to WG-15 to solicit feedback this way. Is this even worthwhile getting feedback?

Q as to whether apps are using DICOM reporting templates-idea to check with them, e.g. Pennrad. Also Epic, etc.

-Action: Jonathan, etc. to ask to join as a cosponsor for this project, and to get another update where possible.


1/28/21-Thursday Q1

  1. Call to order, introductions, and welcome. Meeting called to order, the group was welcomed, and everyone welcomed to the call.

 

  1. Antitrust rules. Antitrust statement read per DICOM/NEMA rules, as well as patent policy reminder


-Discussion of

Read the antitrust statement.

SR to FHIR observation mapping- review of draft and Imaging Reference

Review of these items.

Mapping of DICOM SR to FHIR – now on a confluence page.

Will move to next steps: Can begin drafting an ID.

Imaging Reference: Document what tried with extensions and didn’t work. Can begin again.

Review of draft of Imaging Reference-

Motion to send back to FMG for observation. Initial STU in 2022.

Motion and second to send back—approved, and will move along.

Q on future of imaging study and where to move towards normative?

One option is a SIIM hackathon, testing.

Action: Possibility to organize imaging track at Connectathon – Jonathan. See if vendors are interested in this.


1/28/21-Thursday Q2

I&M Joint Meeting

FHIRCast update- on Connectathon and series of recurring design sessions.

Make sure any calls in the future are open to II, etc. Proposed every 3 weeks specifically for FHIRcast.

FHIRcast intended to be (new) CCOW. II just finished STU ballot version of FHIRcast.

(added hub capability statement mechanism, whether supports webhooks, websockets, small changes to syncerror event) FHIRcast doesn’t require all applications synchronize to event.

-See presentation from Isaac in Confluence.


Submitted by: Carolyn Hull, 2/5/21

Reviewed by Counsel 2/9/21

  • No labels