- Call to order, introductions, welcome
- Review & approval of the Agenda
- Minutes of the previous meeting
- Antitrust rules and DICOM Patent Policy
- FHIRCast next steps
- Review WGM agenda
- Next meetings
- Not scheduled yet
- In Person
- September 2019, Atlanta, GA (WGM HL7)
United States: +1 (571) 317-3116
- One-touch: tel:+15713173116,,812770693#
Access Code: 812-770-693
Voting Members Present Represented by
Agfa HealthCare Bill Wallace
Canon Medical Research Kevin O’Donnell
GE Healthcare Chris Lindop
Philips Chris Melo
Siemens Healthineers Eric Martin
Vital/Canon Jonathan Whitby
Voting Members Not Present Represented by
AAPM Lawrence Tarbox
ACR Jim Philbin
Carl Zeiss Regis Deshayes
Change Healthcare Elliot Silver
Corista David Allen
Laitek Fred Behlen
NCI/CBIIT Ulrike Wagner
NVIDIA Brad Genereaux
PixelMed David Clunie
Sectra Niklas Svenzen
Web3D Consortium Nicholas Polys
Alternate Voting Members, Observers, Guests Represented by
By Light Professional Services John Moehrke/HL7
Cerner Corporations John Moore
Epic Will Maethner/HL7
Epic Isaac Vetter/HL7
Philips Ricardo Quintano
Visage Imaging Martin Bellehumeur
Presiding Officer: Jonathan Whitby, Vital/Canon
DICOM Secretariat: Luiza Kowalczyk, MITA/NEMA
The meeting was called to order at 10:00 a.m. US ET.
The antitrust rules were reviewed, and DICOM patent policy as well.
The agenda was approved: https://confluence.hl7.org/display/IMIN/2019-08-06/
2019 September Agenda
Agenda link: https://confluence.hl7.org/display/IMIN/2019-09+WGM
Secretary Note: Q4, Tuesday Sep. 17th, 15:30-17:00 local time, Infrastructure and Massaging is hosting II/WG-20 to discuss the FHIRcast transition from II to InM.
Since the HL7 CCOW work group was merged into the Infrastructure and Messaging in work group in 2010, the Technical Steering Committee (TSC) thinks that FHIRcast should be under the InM ownership not II/WG-20.
- Ballots comments have been addressed. No FHIRcast t-cons will be scheduled before the September meeting.
- Not finished merging comments at this time but it should be finished by the end of next week.
- Next step is to request it for a publication.
- Connecthaton track: Link for the track that still needs some additional discussion: https://confluence.hl7.org/display/FHIR/2019-09+FHIRcast+Track
- Explore and draft the measurement (how it looks in practice, FHIR events).
Note: If anyone wants to provide any feedback for Websockets for STU 2 ,please go to GitHub: https://github.com/HL7/fhircast-docs/wiki/Websocket-proposal
Action item: Find out NIB deadlines.
- HL7 Calendars: https://confluence.hl7.org/display/HL7/HL7+Calendars
- Nov. 17th - Notification of intent to Ballot deadline
- The current STU needs to be published before the merging comments happen.
- WebSocket for STU 2 – after the 2019 September WGM
- Bill’s feedback
- Why should ImageManifest be brought back? Why are we changing it? We need a reason to have a resource. A resource proposal needs to be clear with what and why it is going to succeed. Is it useful for FHIRcast?
It was not discussed during today’s call. The topic has been postponed for September.
Work in progress
Schedule Josh Mandel on the WG-20 II agenda: Sync for Science
- Schedule future t-cons at the WG-20 II mtg, WGM in Atlanta, GA.
Dial-in information: http://workspaces.nema.org/dicom/Lists/Calendar/calendar.aspx
- At the September 14-20, 209, Atlanta, GA, 33rd Annual Plenary & WGM
- Tuesday-Thursday, September 17-19, 2019
Future Meetings of HL7 http://www.hl7.org/events/workgroupmeetings.cfm?ref=nav
Action item: Make a decision on the WG-20 II meeting in February 2020. Should WG-20 II meet in Sydney, Australia? – 2019 September WGM.
September 14-20, 209, Atlanta, GA, 33rd Annual Plenary & WGM
- February 1-7, 2020, Sydney, Australia, International Conference & WGM
- May 16-22, 2020, San Antonio, TX, WGM
- September 19-25, 2020, Baltimore, MD, 34th Annual Plenary & WGM
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 11:00 US ET