Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


Attendance

!!! Don't forget to log your attendance at IIWG Attendance 2019-05 !!!

Agenda

DayQuarterEventRoomTopics
Monday 6thQ1 9:00amNo meetingN/A
Q2 11:00amNo meetingN/A
Q3 1:45pmNo meetingN/A


Q4 3:30pmFHIR Infrastructure hosting II, FM, MnMSalle De Bal East

FHIR-I Topics






Tuesday 7thQ1 9:00amII/WG-20Salon Frechette

1. Opening

  • Call to order, introductions, and welcome.
  • Review & approval of the Agenda
  • Minutes of the previous meeting.
  • Antitrust rules.

2. General Administration

Q2 11:00amII/WG-20Salon Frechette

3. Review Projects and update Project Deadlines

  • Sponsor
    • Status of Potential Project: FHIR Release 4 II Objects
    • (FHIRcast project on Wednesday)
    • (Cancer project Q3)
    • Status of Project 1230: HL7 Endorsement of DICOM PS3.20: Imaging Reports using HL7 CDA
  • Co-sponsor
  • Dental Interop Project #1482 Discussion (II is an "interested party")
  • Review Imaging Integration 3 Year Plan (Project 1315)
Q3 1:45pmII/WG-20Salon Frechette

Tracker Items

  • 17179: ImagingStudy status codes - conforming to Event pattern

  • 19637: Update cardinality of ImagingStudy.procedureReference

  • 17441: Update description in Endpoint to use DICOMweb thumbnail API

  • 17279: Confirm ImagingStudy.modality and ImagingStudy.series.modality binding

Q4 3:30pmOrders and Observations hosting IISalon Kafka-Lamartine
.



Wednesday 8thQ1 9:00amII/WG-20Salon Frechette

FHIRcast ballot comment resolution (Project 1392 FHIRcast: Application Context Synchronization in FHIR)

Q2 11:00amII/WG-20Salon Frechette
Orders and Observations hosting reps of II
Salon Kafka-Lamartine

Note: a subset of II/WG-20 will attend this. The rest will meet in Salon Frechette.

Q3 1:45pmII/WG-20Salon Frechette

FHIRcast ballot comment resolution (Project 1392 FHIRcast: Application Context Synchronization in FHIR)

Imaging Access for Consumers

Q4 3:30pmII/WG-20 hosting FHIR InfrastructureSalon Frechette

FHIR-I Agenda

  • FHIR R5 timeline and goals

FHIRcast ballot resolution moved to Thurs Q1. 

.



Thursday 9thQ1 9:00amII/WG-20
Salon Frechette
  • Continue with the FHIRcast ballot comment resolution (Project 1392 FHIRcast: Application Context Synchronization in FHIR)Imaging Access for Consumers
Q2 11:00amII/WG-20
Salon Frechette
  • Update PPT for the June WG-06 HL7 Review
  • Schedule future WG-20 II t-cons and approve the previous minutes,
Q3 1:45pmNo meetingN/A


Q4 3:30pmNo meetingN/A
.



Friday 10thQ1 9:00amNo meetingN/AN/A
Q2 11:00amNo meetingN/AN/A
Q3 1:45pmNo meetingN/AN/A
Q4 3:30pmNo meetingN/AN/A

Dial-in Details

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/847273389

Access Code: 847-273-389

New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/847273389

Phone Numbers:

  • United States: +1 (571) 317-3117
    - One-touch: tel:+15713173117,,847273389#

    Access Code: 847-273-389

    Australia: +61 2 9091 7603
    - One-touch: tel:+61290917603,,847273389#

    Austria: +43 7 2081 5337
    - One-touch: tel:+43720815337,,847273389#

    Belgium: +32 28 93 7002
    - One-touch: tel:+3228937002,,847273389#

    Canada: +1 (647) 497-9373
    - One-touch: tel:+16474979373,,847273389#

    Denmark: +45 32 72 03 69
    - One-touch: tel:+4532720369,,847273389#

    Finland: +358 923 17 0556
    - One-touch: tel:+358923170556,,847273389#

    France: +33 170 950 590
    - One-touch: tel:+33170950590,,847273389#

    Germany: +49 692 5736 7300
    - One-touch: tel:+4969257367300,,847273389#

    Ireland: +353 15 295 146
    - One-touch: tel:+35315295146,,847273389#

    Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
    - One-touch: tel:+39230578180,,847273389#

    Netherlands: +31 207 941 375
    - One-touch: tel:+31207941375,,847273389#

    New Zealand: +64 9 913 2226
    - One-touch: tel:+6499132226,,847273389#

    Norway: +47 21 93 37 37
    - One-touch: tel:+4721933737,,847273389#

    Spain: +34 932 75 1230
    - One-touch: tel:+34932751230,,847273389#

    Sweden: +46 853 527 818
    - One-touch: tel:+46853527818,,847273389#

    Switzerland: +41 225 4599 60
    - One-touch: tel:+41225459960,,847273389#

    United Kingdom: +44 20 3713 5011
    - One-touch: tel:+442037135011,,847273389#

    Minutes

Present

Organization

Tues Q1

Tues Q2

Tues Q3

Tues Q4

Wed Q1

Wed Q2

Wed Q3

Wed Q4

Thurs Q1

Thurs Q2

Wouter Devriendt

Agfa Healthcare


X



X


X




John Moehrke

By Light








X



Kevin O'Donnell

Canon


X

X





X



Elliot Silver

Change Healthcare

X

X

X


X


X

X

X

X

Ioana Singureanu

Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)





X






Harry Solomon

DICOM (Laitek)


X









Ken Sinn

eHealth Ontario





X






Vlad Epshtein

eHealth Ontario











Eric Labadie

eHealth Ontario





X






Arthur Krughkov

eHealth Ontario





X






David Thabet (P)

eHealth Ontario






X





Radhika Verma

eHealth Ontario





X






Joelly Rajendram

eHealth Ontario





X






Daniel Rutz

Epic



X








Will Maethner

Epic


X



X


X




Isaac Vetter

Epic





X


X


X


Michael Donnelly

Epic







X




Vassil Peytchev

Epic








X



Ewout Kramer

FHIR/Furore/HL7








X



Michael Ruften

Firely








X



Tamas Maroti

GE Healthcare







X

X



Steven Nichols

GE Healthcare

X








X


Nicole Golestani

GS1 Canada






X





Reinhard Egelkraut

HL7 Austria; CGM Clinical Austria

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

Anthony Julian

Mayo Clinic







X




Tony Julian (InM)

Mayo Clinic







X




Luiza Kowalczyk

MITA/DICOM

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

Brad Generoux (P)

NVIDIA

X










Richard Esmond

PenRad






X





Chris Melo

Philips


X

X








Ricardo Quintano

Philips Healthcare





X


X




Chris Carr

RSNA







X




Niklas Svenzen

Sectra





X


X


X


Chuck Edson

Siemens

X

X









Diana Ovelgoenne

Siemens Healthineers





X






Andreas Klingler

Siemens Healthineers







X




Jonathan Whitby

Vital / Canon

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

  1. Opening
    1. The meeting was called to order at 9:00 Local Time Zone, May 7, 2019
    2. The antitrust rules were reviewed, and DICOM patent policy as well.
    3. The agenda was approved.
    4. Approval of previous minutes was postponed until Thursday of this week.
  • Reminder of upcoming AI meetings:
  • AI Coalition at SIIM 2019 & C-MIMI 2019 https://siim.org/page/19m_ai_coalition_town_hall
  • SIIM 2019: Fri 28 June 2019, 5:15-6:45pm in Adams B at the Gaylord Rockies – call-in will also be available
  • C-MIMI 2019: 22-23 Sept 2019, TBD, probably the same, on Monday afternoon

AI Coalition Town Hall: A coalition of medical industry associations including ACR, MITA, DICOM and SIIM will host a town hall to field discussion about the AI & ML challenges faced by the medical imaging community. The first half of the session will highlight the conception and progress of a DICOM project, started by a similar meeting at the September 2018 C-MIMI conference that aims to provide a standardized method for displaying AI results. The second half of the session will be an open forum for interested members to voice concerns about issues like usability, ease of integration, development, or standardization.

PSS Updates for O&O project that II are co-sponsor for:

  • 682 – Specimen CMET: O&O intends to archive
  • 1010 – Ordering Service Interface Spec: O&O intends to change to informative publication. They are interested in keeping it open and moving forward.
  • 1343 – Eye Care on FHIR: This is on hold. Lorraine Constable was the O&O lead, and they will ask her for an update on what the plan is.
  • 1453 – IHE Digital Path Workflow Metadata: this is active.

Other discussion with O&O

  • There was a fair amount of discussion of structured reporting for Clinical Genomics, and the Radiology reporting use case was raised. This was primarily around being able to identify sections (Impressions, Background, etc.) around narrative content.
  • II raised the issue of how to convey informal radiology “notes” (i.e., from the tech to the radiologist) which are typically temporary and do not form part of the patient record. It was suggested that we look at the Flag resource. II intends to review how this resource would accomplish this, and if there is a need for change. (For example, there was a suggestion that Flag is missing a focus element of type reference to Any, so that a particular Flag is indicated as relevant to a particular ImagingStudy).

Action Item: Include discussion on upcoming II/WG-20 t-con agenda

  1. Structured Docs
    1. Part 20, II/WG-20 wants to move this project forward. (2019 September WGM)
  2. DMP document
    1. HL7 modified the Decision-Making Process template that all WGs will now use in January 2018. II’s previous DMP had significant deviations from the standard DMP due to the DICOM coordination. Brad Genereaux prepared a comparison of the two documents in January of 2018 (https://confluence.hl7.org/display/IMIN/DMP+Alignment). II should determine the necessary changes to the current template and ensure it gets adopted/approved.
    2. Action Item: Schedule a t-con to review the document. II/WG-20 wants to move forward with it.
  3. CIMIBreast Radiology Reporting Project
      1. Richard Esmond gave a short update on the breast cancer project.
      2. http://tscwiki.hl7.org/wiki/index.php?title=CIC_PSS:_Breast_Cancer_Modeling
      3. Rich confirmed that they are hitting the current ballot cycle. When they have the url, it will be forwarded to DICOM WG-20 II.
      4. If anyone is interested in this project or wants to share any ideas, please contact Richard Esmond, PenRad.
  4. Rich has volunteered to give a presentation to any DICOM WGs that are interested in this project.

Action Item: Follow up with Rich on more details of the project-Luiza

  1. Dentistry (contact Todd Cooper)
    1. Not discussed

Action Item: Follow up with Todd on the status of the project.

  1. BRIDG –Not discussed. There was some work with DICOM in the past but it looks like not much has happened here lately. https://bridgmodel.nci.nih.gov/
  2. InM (Infracture and Messaging) - Since the HL7 CCOW work group was merged into the Infrastructure and Messaging in work group in 2010, the Technical Steering Committee (TSC) thinks that FHIRcast should be under the InM ownership not II/WG-20.

Action Item: Reach out to Isaac and InM regarding FHIRcast’s ownership-Jonathan

  1. Sponsored Projects
  2. Project 1392 FHIRcast: Application Context Synchronization in FHIR)

Action Item: Plan joint session and discussion for 2019 September WGM. Potentially plan discussion on upcoming II/WG-20 t-con agenda

  1. Co-sponsor
    1. Project 1343 (Eye Care and Ophthalmology on FHIR)
  • Still on hold (next milestone May 2020, discuss it with O&O)
    1. Project 1010 (Ordering service interface spec)
  • (O&O) Ending project Sep 2019
    1. Project 862 (Unique Specimen Identifier Requirements)
  • Withdrawn/archived.
    1. Project 682 (Specimen CMET)
  • Still on Hold (next milestone January 2019, ending January 2020)
  1. Dental Interop Project #1482 Discussion (II is an "interested party")
  2. Review Imaging Integration 3 Year Plan (Project 1315)
  • No discussion. Next review planned for January of 2020.
  1. Imaging References:
  • There is a need to be able to reference specific instances and frames, or sets of instances (particularly instances in a series making up a volume) from other FHIR resources. To do this, II proposes to bring back Imaging Manifest. However, there were concerns about overlap with DICOM KOS use, so ImagingManifest will be modified to more closely target the identified use cases (e.g., removal of multiple study and series references)
  • Link: https://confluence.hl7.org/display/IMIN/ImagingStudy+-+Use+Cases+and+Edge+Cases
  • Review of STU3 ImagingManifest for necessary updates was started:
    • ImagingManifest
      • remove short name
      • Definition: a selection of DICOM SOP instances and/or frames within a single Study and Series.
    • identifier
      • confirm cardinality (probably 0..*)
      • this should not be a UID or tied to SOP Instance UID since this is specifically not a KOS. Need to figure out what a more appropriate identifier would be.
      • Do we need a separate identifier, or just an id?
      • clear short name
      • definition: ?
    • patient
      • change to subject, and align with ImagingStudy.
    • authoringTime
      • confirm current styling (issued? effective?)
    • author
      • consider changing to performer (as per DiagnosticReport and Observation); add PractitionerRole.
    • title
      • change valueset name from KOStitle. Figure out what the actual value set should be (don't use a DICOM CID).
    • study
      • Remove, and promote all subitems to top level.
    • study.uid
      • Rename to studyUid and change type to id (or is it Identifier?)
    • study.imagingStudy
      • rename to studyReference (?) or basedOn (?) derivedFrom?
    • study.endpoint
      • ok
    • study.series
      • Remove and promote all subitems to top level.
    • study.series.uid
      • rename to seriesUid. Confirm type as id?
    • study.series.endpoint
      • remove
    • study.series.instance
      • ok.
    • study.series.instance.sopClass
      • change to 0..1
    • study.series.instance.uid
      • confirm type as id?
    • study.series.instance.frameNumber
      • ok.
  • Review which elements should be in summary. Review against the event pattern. Review against FHIR’s W5 pattern.

Action Item: Create an action item to move forward with it. New Resource Proposal is needed. -Elliot Silver

Tracker Items:

  • 17179: ImagingStudy status codes - conforming to Event pattern
  • 19637: Update cardinality of ImagingStudy.procedureReference
  • 17441: Update description in Endpoint to use DICOMweb thumbnail API
  • 17279: Confirm ImagingStudy.modality and ImagingStudy.series.modality binding
  • 20166: Closed
  • 17179: ImagingStudy status codes - conforming to Event pattern-Opened
  • 19637: Update cardinality of ImagingStudy.procedureReference-Solved
  • 17441: Update description in Endpoint to use DICOMweb thumbnail API
  • 17279: Confirm ImagingStudy.modality and ImagingStudy.series.modality binding
  • 18064:Solved
  • 20177 Review and provide additional guidance on ImagingStudy.status – Opened
  • 22118 Separate accession number from ImagingStudy.identifier – Opened
  • 17441: Update description in Endpoint to use DICOMweb thumbnail API-Resolved
  • Change of leadership of II/WG-20- We are pleased to announce the appointment of Jonathan Whitby, Senior Analyst at Vital, a Canon Group Company, as the new DICOM WG-20 Imaging Integration Vendor Chair. He has been involved in DICOM standards development since 2009, initially as part of DICOM WG-27 and WG-11 and with Imaging Integration DICOM WG-20 since 2014. Congratulations Jonathan! We look forward to working with you in this new capacity. 

FHIR-I

  1. “Topics to consider during this WGM” (email from Lloyd McKenize)

In addition to thinking about the proposed timelines shared in the FHIR report distributed earlier this evening, work groups are asked to consider the following at this WGM:

  1. For those work groups planning to take resources normative in R5, working back from the timelines indicated, what do you need to do to ensure all resources are at FMM 5+ maturity prior to the January cycle review?
  2. Do you need any assistance identifying/getting implementation to meet the implementer requirements?  Are there any terminology actions you need to take that might involve proposals to external terminology agencies (through the HTA) or going through the HL7 terminology harmonization process (and if so, how soon can you initiate those processes)?
  3. What are your FMM targets for your remaining resources?
  4. What do you need to do to hit those targets?  How will you get there?  How will you know you're on track?
  5. Is there anyone from your work group who would be good candidates to build skills in IG development and/or IG review?
  6. If you're planning to bring forward IGs for ballot, how will you ensure the implementability of those IGs prior to ballot?
  • II responded with its intent to get ImagingStudy to normative status for R5, and ImagingManifest to FMM3. The other issues were discussed with FHIR-I representative Ewout Kramer.

PPT overview for the June WG-06 Meeting – HL7 Review

  • The PPT was reviewed and partly updated.

Action Item: Make any necessary updates after the meeting is over-Luiza

  • Next Meetings:

T-cons:

FHIRcast ballot comment resolution (Project 1392 FHIRcast: Application Context Synchronization in FHIR)

  • Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 10:00-11:00 US ET
  • Tuesday, May 28, 2019, 10:00-11:00 US ET
  • Thursday, May 30, 2019, 10:00-11:00 US ET
  • Tuesday, June 18, 2019, 11:00-12:00 US ET
  • Thursday, June 27, 2019, 10:00-11:00 US ET

Regular WG-20 II calls

  • Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 10:00-11:00 US ET
  • Thursday, June 20, 2019, 10:00-11:00 US ET

Action Item: Include a roster of DICOM WG-27 Web Services since there might be some interest in the web sockets in FHIRcast on the DICOM side, and vice versa- Luiza

In Person

  • HL7 – September 14-20, 209, Atlanta, GA, 33rd Annual Plenary & WGM

Future Meetings of HL7 http://www.hl7.org/events/workgroupmeetings.cfm?ref=nav

2020

  • February 1-7, 2020, Sydney, Australia, International Conference & WGM

Since the 2020 HL7 WGM January meeting will be held in Australia, Sydney, we need to start thinking if II/WG-20 is going to hold a meeting there as well.

Action Item: Communicate with secretaries of WG-2 TC 215, DICOM WG-10 & WG-29 regarding meetings in Sydney.

  • May 16-22, 2020, San Antonio, TX, WGM
  • September 19-25, 2020, Baltimore, MD, 34th Annual Plenary & WGM

The meeting was adjourned on Thursday at 12:30 local time.

  • No labels