Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

HL7® UK Management Board
13th May 2020
Conference
Present/Absent

Ben McAlister (Chair)

BM

Chair

Cerner

P

Dunmail Hodkinson

DH

Board Member

Black Pear Software

P

Philip Scott

PS

Board Member

University of Portsmouth

A

Martin Whittaker

MW

Treasurer

Touchstone Consultancy

P

Rik Smithies

RS

TC Chair

NProgram

P

Louise Parberry (Minutes)

LP

Board Member

Intersystems

P

Mike Snowden

MS

Board Member

Individual member

P

Richard Kavanagh

RK

Board Member

Graphnet

P

Mark Frayne

MF

Board Member

NWIS

P

Ian Williams

IW

Board Member

Nuffield Health

P

Mike Andersson

MA

Board Member

Andstrom Consulting

P

Farzanah Nahid
Dave Barnet

FN
DB

Board Member

NHS Digital

ML
P


Welcome and apologies

Attendees: 9 at start of meeting, quorate.

Minutes and actions

Approve minutes of 08th April 2020

Approval proposed MW, seconded RS; 0/4/5

Outstanding Board Actions:

  • 503 – Wiki. Link done. Closed.
  • 506 – FHIR TAG: Ongoing – awaiting formation of UK FHIR Board
  • 525 – NamingSystems. DB to investigate/catch up with details. To be discussed with RS & DH. (See also 506).
  • 526 – FCP - Leave open.
  • 527 – Board meeting discussion points list - Leave open.
  • 528 – Chair email. Done. Closed.
  • 529 – Confluence updates. Closed.
  • 530 – Interop Forum (online). Closed. 3 speakers confirmed. More speakers desired. Date is 10th June. 16:00. Keep the date email on the 14th.
  • 531 – CareConnect profiles. Who list to discuss lightweight process. Leave open.
  • 532 – COVID-19 Info. Will be added to Forum email. Leave open.
  • 533 – Dave Barnet co-opting. Welcome Dave! Closed.

Finance and business management

Finance update

MW: Budget report: Forecasting slightly lower membership. Meeting costs will go down, as well as travel budget.
Membership report: Trend is downwards. Marketing Team to discuss on Monday 8th June.
Action: MW to send meeting invite to Board to join Marketing Team call.
MW: AGM Choices – Virtual, delay to Nov, defer to next year (Board stays in post).
Motion: Suspend AGM this year. All Board Members will continue for 1 more year. Chair and Treasurer will produce a report in June to be sent to membership who will be given an opportunity to call an EGM. Treasurer will make the required changes to the bylaws and bring them to the next meeting. MW Proposed. Seconded: RK. 0/0/11.

National/international projects/bodies

To be discussed at next meeting.

Technical Committee (Interop forum)

Interop Forum discussion above.
RS: Web services reports pending.

Webservices Committee

Training

Online Course scheduled in early July.

Marketing Committee

Education competition deferred until next year. Sponsorship by InterSystems carried over.

AOB

UK Core FHIR Board discussions with NHSD/X and INTEROPen

Further discussions had with David Hancock and Ian Townend. Irina Bolychevsky, Director of Standards and Interoperability is occupied with COVID-19 tasks.

NHS Digital CareConnect changes

DB to send email regarding his investigation

Next meetings

Date Chair Minutes
11 Jun BM PS

  • No labels