This council supports the HL7 mission by ensuring the quality and availability of education and learning provided by HL7 International and nurtures an HL7 educators community of practice.
The HL7 Education Advisory Council guides the development and administration of HL7 education initiatives.
Products and Contributions to HL7 Processes
The following are the Council's formal activities:
- Collaborate with HL7 Work Groups to advise on the development and enhancement of educational offerings to meet the needs of stakeholders in healthcare interoperability (including our members).
- Collaborate with HL7 staff to provide and schedule tutorials and other educational offerings
- Collaborate with external stakeholder organizations on the development and enhancement of educational offerings that meet the needs of stakeholders in healthcare interoperability.
- Foster the development of certification programs according to best practices.
- Provide and determine Certification Governance and maintenance processes
- Maintain and develop quality assurance processes for HL7 educational offerings
The Education Advisory Council operates via the HL7 website, this confluence page, a dedicated list-server, bi-weekly conference calls and meetings at HL7 working group meetings.
|Department:||Global eHealth Collaborative|
|IM:||Twitter: @practicalHIT, Linkedin/virginialorenzi|
|Position:||Senior Technical Architect|
|Position:||Security WG Co-Chair|
|Position:||Founder, Vice-President and Co-Chair of the Education WG and Chair of the Advisory Council|
|Location:||Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil|
Formal Relationships With Other HL7 Groups
- HL7 Board of Directors, including the Executive Committee – establishes the direction for an enterprise-wide education strategic plan
- HL7 International Council - Coordinate education efforts
- All HL7 Workgroups can collaborate with the EAC to produce and maintain education offerings.
Formal Relationship With Groups Outside of HL7
- Formalized on a case by case basis.