Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


Electronic Services and Tools - January 2017, San Antonio, TX

DayDateTime RoomEventHostjoiningChairScribeNotes
MondayJan 16AMQ1       
Q2 Projects working session (see also ArB Schedule for V3 discussion)EST David  
PMQ3       
Q4       
DayDateTime RoomEventHostjoiningChairScribeNotes
TuesdayJan 17AMQ1       
Q2 Project updates - Tooling Catalogue, C-CDA Sample Query, JIRAEST David  
PMQ3 JointSDEST, MnM, V2 Publishing  Jeff to join?
Q4       
DayDateTime RoomEventHostjoiningChairScribeNotes
WednesdayJan 18AMQ1       
Q2       
PMQ3       
Q4       
7-9PM       
DayDateTime RoomEventHostjoiningChairScribeNotes
ThursdayJan 19AMQ1 Strategic planning (current year target based on Catalogue), M&C, SWOT, Meeting times, next WGM quartersEST David  
Q2 Update from liaisons to other WGESTTooling liaisonsJeff  
PMQ3       
Q4       
DayDateTime RoomEventHostjoiningChairScribeNotes
FridayJan 20AMQ1 Joining TemplatesTemplatesEST, Patient Care, Structured Docs   
Q2       
PMQ3       
Q4       

 



January 2017 HL7 WGM Minutes for EST

 

Monday Q3 

Attendees 

  • David Burgess
  • Wilfred Bonney
  • Christopher Stehno
  • Michael van der Zel
  • Brian Pech

 

Minutes 

  • MnM issue, not enough people to do all the work, move work to other groups ArB
  • EST is co-sponser in Publishing V2 tooling project @Brian. “V2+”, new struct. V2 database @Frank Oemig
    • move away from Ballot spreadsheet to GForge like FHIR does
  • PSS "Vocab and MnM have a project, the Unified Terminology Governance Process project". EST is co-sponsor but needs to vote on that. On the agenda for Tue Q2 EST.
  • EA license doc update – with Dave @Michael
  • We finished the Tooling Inventory project. Now to further gather details by the EST Co-Chairs.
  • Investigating conference call solutions. We've (EST) been testing a couple and like FreeConferenceCall. We want to test with larger group.
  • JIRA / Confluence, no evaluating yet. Wiki is nice but bit to technical. Differences between groups, e.g. minutes, agenda, etc. etc.
  • (e) Tooling Inventory and Architecture, Tooling Catalogue is delivered
    • Where is Architecture of the tool suite??? That is the next step (Goal #2)
    • We have to find better way to communicate solutions (tools) internally, so that WGs know what tools are available and how to use them.
    • e.g. FHIR tooling. What tooling to use for what? e.g. tutorials. Where to go, website etc. EST is not a helpdesk ;-)
    • How do we keep the list up-to-date?

This is Goal #01

  • There are some tooling related questions on the form you get when you want to download ballot materials. Ask @Dave about that and get some answers.
  • Co-Chair write-in nomination Brian Pech.
  • David Burgess (chair)
  • Alexander Henket
  • Wilfred Bonney
  • Wayne Kubrick

 

Tuesday Q2 

Attendees 

 

Minutes 

  • Google docs spreadsheets as sign in sheets for Work Group Meetings.
  • Discussed Tooling Slides Wayne Presented during the co-chair dinner.
  • Discussed automation of sign in processes for in-person work group meetings.  Talked about the ability to create short standardized tinyURL, bit.ly, or goo.gl links to the spreadsheets.

 

Thursday Q1 

Attendees 

  • David Burgess (chair)
  • Brian Pech
  • JD Baker
  • Michael van der Zel (scribe)
  • Dave Hamill
  • Wilfred Bonney
  • Wayne Kubrick

 

Minutes 

  • 2 new projects for EST to co-sponsor / approve
    • Unified Terminology Governance Process - MnM
    • Vocabulary Process to improve harmonization including tooling requirements.
    • Motion: "Approve the Unified Terminology Governance Process PSS" by JD/Michael 5/0/0 motion approved 
      • Integration of Information Models and Tools (IIM&T) - CIMI - Steve Hufnagel
      • Flag this for the next telecon to talk about this. Review the PSS and the newsletter.
        • EA license doc update
          • The process was changed a bit. Dave updated the document.
          • We walk through the document and review and update the steps.
          • Dave shall update the document on the Tooling and Resources page.
  • Upgrade GForge instance to v6.4.3
    • Informational. HQ will schedule this. See message below.
  • Projects - Review project insight.
    • #794 is on hold, archive it -> This is out-of-the box functionality for Confluence.
    • Motion: "To archive project #794, but include the functionality 'restricted access' in a Confluence Pilot." Wayne/JD 6/0/0 
      • #992 is on hold, archive it
      • Motion: "To archive project #992, notify education workgroup." JD/Wayne 6/0/0 
      • Dave will contact Education workgroup about this.
        • #1032: on hold
        • Motion: "Keep project #1032 on hold" Dave/Michael 5/0/0 (JD left the room) 
          • #1064: on hold
          • Motion: "Close project #1064 and create a new project which incorporates recommendations from Lorraine Constable project #1303." Wayne/Dave 5/0/0 
          • Wayne: Talk to Lorraine about what next steps will be. Possibly new project.
            • #1176: updated milestone to Sept 2017
  • Meeting time issue
    • Propose an extra once a month meeting so that people from Australia and Europe can join easier.
    • Normal call at 2pm eastern time every other week. Start new cycle 31-jan. David will schedule calls.
  • New Open Source "group"
    • The group should ask staff (Dave or DJ) to create a list serv for them.
    • There is no formal request yet.
    • Wait for Mission and Charter and then figure out relation with EST group.
We've got some great news! GForge AS v6.4.3 was released yesterday and we are working with all of our hosted customers to schedule an upgrade. 
This upgrade is a bit more important than others because we anticipate this will be the last release in the 6.x series before we release GForgeNEXT.
Having your system running v6.4.3 will ensure the upgrade, when it is available, will go smooth.  
To see what's changed in v6.4.3 please read v6.4.3 - ChangeLog
 
Regarding GForgeNEXT, right now we expect a beta release sometime around Q2 and Q3 this year with the final release ready by Q3/Q4 sometime.  
I know you have a lot of questions and we don't have all the answers, however, we did put together this GForgeNEXT FAQ
 
What we need from you is to send us a couple of dates that would work for upgrading your hosted GForge instance(s). 
Once we hear back we will work with you to finalize the date.

 

Thursday Q2 

Attendees: 

  • Michael Van der Zel (chair)
  • Wilfred Bonney (HL7 international)
  • Matthew Graham (liaison Mobile Health)
  • Brian Pech (scribe)
  • JD Baker (sparx)
  • Wayne Kubick (HL7)

Introduction of participants.

Tooling liaison reports.

  • Michael van der Zel is working on the MAX tool for CIC. The project is almost complete links can be found on the wiki page and the tool is on Gforge. Next up is an effort to produce a tutorial on how to use it.
  • EHR profiling tool - Lorraine Constable produced an assessment of current use of tool.
  • Education - not represented.
  • FHIR - not represented.
  • Mobile Health - looking at what's available in the short messaging space from external groups. Consumer Mobile Devices is looking at requirements for consumer mobile applications what risks, what standards apply, what criteria to measure these apps against, working with Security and CCIB for coordination purposes. EHR functional modeler could be used to assess mobile apps functionality. (MvZ has done so, in an experimental capacity).
  • Patient Care - nothing to report.
  • Publishing - not represented.
  • Structured Docs - not represented.
  • Open Health Group - not represented.
  • Vocabulary - Vocab is working on a new tooling process; needs a database and workflow tracking tool.
  • CIMI - Has done a lot of modeling using a variety of tools - Magic Draw, ADL workbench, and other tools. The plan is converge on one tooling chain but what that is, is not currently determined. The WG plans to put their artifacts in the FHIR tooling chain.
  • Demo - of V2+ website and plans to refactor V2.
  • website - www.hl7.eu/refactored/hl7.html
  • please address comments to V2 Management Group and Frank Oemig
  • Demo of Netherlands CIMI wiki
  • discussion of utility of web based information over pdf files
  • discussion of various publishing streams here at HL7.
  • General agreement that simplification of the existing processes is an institutional imperative for HL7.
  • EST needs to define a target technical architecture that moves HL7 into a more unified and simplified publishing process.

Planning 

Intervening discussion 

January 2017 HL7 WGM Minutes for EST
Monday Q3
Attendees
 David Burgess
 Wilfred Bonney
 Christopher Stehno
 Michael van der Zel
 Brian Pech
Minutes
 MnM issue, not enough people to do all the work, move work to other groups ArB
 EST is co-sponser in Publishing V2 tooling project @Brian. “V2+”, new struct. V2 database @Frank Oemig
 move away from Ballot spreadsheet to GForge like FHIR does
 PSS "Vocab and MnM have a project, the Unified Terminology Governance Process project". EST is cosponsor but needs to vote on that. On the agenda for Tue Q2 EST.
 EA license doc update – with Dave @Michael
 We finished the Tooling Inventory project. Now to further gather details by the EST Co-Chairs.
 Investigating conference call solutions. We've (EST) been testing a couple and like FreeConferenceCall.
We want to test with larger group.
 JIRA / Confluence, no evaluating yet. Wiki is nice but bit to technical. Differences between groups, e.g.
minutes, agenda, etc. etc.
 (e) Tooling Inventory and Architecture, Tooling Catalogue is delivered
 Where is Architecture of the tool suite??? That is the next step (Goal #2)
 We have to find better way to communicate solutions (tools) internally, so that WGs know what tools
are available and how to use them.
 e.g. FHIR tooling. What tooling to use for what? e.g. tutorials. Where to go, website etc. EST is
not a helpdesk ;-)
 How do we keep the list up-to-date?
 Tooling
Strategy: http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/esTools/ToolingStrategyFinal20150831.docx
This is Goal #01
 There are some tooling related questions on the form you get when you want to download ballot
materials. Ask @Dave about that and get some answers.
 Co-Chair write-in nomination Brian Pech.
Tuesday Q2
Attendees
 David Burgess (chair)
 Alexander Henket
 Wilfred Bonney
 Wayne Kubrick
Minutes
 Google docs spreadsheets as sign in sheets for Work Group Meetings.
 Discussed automation of sign in processes for in-person work group meetings. Talked about
the ability to create short standardized tinyURL, bit.ly, or goo.gl links to the spreadsheets.
 Discussed Tooling Slides Wayne Presented during the co-chair dinner.

  
Confluence/JIRA license up for renewal/maintenance in March, and there has been only
limited piloting of both. As the EST group, David B. suggested the need for our group to try
and use these tools so we can properly evaluate the potential for the organization.
 
D.J. needs to integrate the FCC dial-in number to the conference calling center software.
 Add a new Tab to the work group wiki page, visible only to co-chairs, that will display login and
password to project insight, Free Conference Call host information, other co-chair credential
information.
Thursday Q1
Attendees
 David Burgess (chair)
 Brian Pech
 JD Baker
 Michael van der Zel (scribe)
 Dave Hamill
 Wilfred Bonney
 Wayne Kubrick
Minutes
 2 new projects for EST to co-sponsor / approve
 Unified Terminology Governance Process - MnM
 Vocabulary Process to improve harmonization including tooling requirements.
 Motion: "Approve the Unified Terminology Governance Process PSS" by JD/Michael 5/0/0
motion approved
 Integration of Information Models and Tools (IIM&T) - CIMI - Steve Hufnagel
 Flag this for the next telecon to talk about this. Review the PSS and the newsletter.
 EA license doc update
 The process was changed a bit. Dave updated the document.
 We walk through the document and review and update the steps.
 Dave shall update the document on the Tooling and Resources page.
 Upgrade GForge instance to v6.4.3
 Informational. HQ will schedule this. See message below.
We've got some great news! GForge AS v6.4.3 was released yesterday and we are
working with all of our hosted customers to schedule an upgrade.
This upgrade is a bit more important than others because we anticipate this will
be the last release in the 6.x series before we release GForgeNEXT.
Having your system running v6.4.3 will ensure the upgrade, when it is available,
will go smooth.
To see what's changed in v6.4.3 please read v6.4.3 - ChangeLog
Regarding GForgeNEXT, right now we expect a beta release sometime around Q2 and Q3
this year with the final release ready by Q3/Q4 sometime.
I know you have a lot of questions and we don't have all the answers, however, we
did put together this GForgeNEXT FAQ
What we need from you is to send us a couple of dates that would work for
upgrading your hosted GForge instance(s).
Once we hear back we will work with you to finalize the date.
 Projects - Review project insight.
 #794 is on hold, archive it -> This is out-of-the box functionality for Confluence.
 Motion: "To archive project #794, but include the functionality 'restricted access' in a
Confluence Pilot." Wayne/JD 6/0/0
 #992 is on hold, archive it
 Motion: "To archive project #992, notify education workgroup." JD/Wayne 6/0/0
 Dave will contact Education workgroup about this.
 #1032: on hold
 Motion: "Keep project #1032 on hold" Dave/Michael 5/0/0 (JD left the room)
 #1064: on hold
 Motion: "Close project #1064 and create a new project which incorporates
recommendations from Lorraine Constable project #1303." Wayne/Dave 5/0/0
 Wayne: Talk to Lorraine about what next steps will be. Possibly new project.
 #1176: updated milestone to Sept 2017
 Meeting time issue
 Propose an extra once a month meeting so that people from Australia and Europe can join easier.
 Normal call at 2pm eastern time every other week. Start new cycle 31-jan. David will schedule calls.
 New Open Source "group"
 The group should ask staff (Dave or DJ) to create a list serv for them.
 There is no formal request yet.
 Wait for Mission and Charter and then figure out relation with EST group.
Thursday Q2
Attendees:
 Michael Van der Zel (chair)
 Wilfred Bonney (HL7 international)
 Matthew Graham (liaison Mobile Health)
 Brian Pech (scribe)
 JD Baker (sparx)
 Wayne Kubick (HL7)
Introduction of participants.
Tooling liaison reports.
 Michael van der Zel is working on the MAX tool for CIC. The project is almost complete links can be found
on the wiki page and the tool is on Gforge. Next up is an effort to produce a tutorial on how to use it.
 EHR profiling tool - Lorraine Constable produced an assessment of current use of tool.
 Education - not represented.
 FHIR - not represented.
 Mobile Health - looking at what's available in the short messaging space from external groups. Consumer
Mobile Devices is looking at requirements for consumer mobile applications what risks, what standards
apply, what criteria to measure these apps against, working with Security and CCIB for coordination
purposes. EHR functional modeler could be used to assess mobile apps functionality. (MvZ has done so,
in an experimental capacity).
 Patient Care - nothing to report.
 Publishing - not represented.
 Structured Docs - not represented.
 Open Health Group - not represented.
 Vocabulary - Vocab is working on a new tooling process; needs a database and workflow tracking tool.
 CIMI - Has done a lot of modeling using a variety of tools - Magic Draw, ADL workbench, and other tools.
The plan is converge on one tooling chain but what that is, is not currently determined. The WG plans to
put their artifacts in the FHIR tooling chain.
Planning
 Demo - of V2+ website and plans to refactor V2.
 website - www.hl7.eu/refactored/hl7.html
 please address comments to V2 Management Group and Frank Oemig
 Demo of Netherlands CIMI wiki
 discussion of utility of web based information over pdf files
Intervening discussion
 discussion of various publishing streams here at HL7.
 General agreement that simplification of the existing processes is an institutional imperative for HL7.
 EST needs to define a target technical architecture that moves HL7 into a more unified and simplified
publishing process.

  • No labels