Many health information exchange (HIE) projects globally are eager to use FHIR for their architecture, yet there are some "tricky" technical questions that are still unresolved. A variety of local attempts and solutions have been demonstrated, we lack a global blueprint. The purpose of this project is to describe and vet the technical difficulties within the SDO community to provide a consistent way to use the FHIR API. This project intends to address questions such as:
- How should I propagate queries across (or even within) domains?
- What are the best practices for deploying intermediaries?
- How do trust frameworks relate to architectures?
Our goal is to describe a consistent way to use the FHIR API that allows intermediaries to be deployed with minimal impact, such that deployment and security concerns can be addressed faster than software development cycles .
- Grahame Grieve
- Jürgen Brandstätter
- Daniel Vreeman
- John Moehrke
- Others TBD
Join the mailing list:
Look for All Public Lists → FHIR Infrastructure → Gemini FHIR Multi-Domain
- White Paper (HL7)
- IHE Profiles (IHE) / Implementation Guide(s)
- Testing events (e.g. Connectathons) (Joint)
- Tested products (IHE)
Project Kickoff: Monday May 8, 2023 at WGM+
2023 05 08 - Project Kickoff Meeting Materials