Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Chair:  @Paul Knapp   Scribe: @MaryKayMcDaniel

Call Logistics: 

This call is at 11 AM ET, 10 AM CT, 9 AM MT, 8 AM PT
Join using https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87902724078

Meeting ID: 879 0272 4078
Password: 161036
One tap mobile
     +16699006833,,87902724078# US (San Jose)
     +12532158782,,87902724078# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location
     +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
     +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
     +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
     +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
     +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
     +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/ktAubxK0E

Attendees - list maintained at the bottom of the meeting notes

Steps for STU-1 publication:

1) load ballot comments into JIRA
2) identify technical block votes
3) substantive, propose dispositions, bring to the Monday CARIN call, block vote on FM call
4) update the guide
5) send ballot worksheet and updated guide to all ballot voters (and give some period of time to review) and withdraw negative comments

ALL comments must be resolved. Do not need to vote again. Becomes an STU-1.


PSS approval flow:  Sponsoring WG, Co-sponsors, US Realm, Management Groups, Steering Division, TSC

ID - Local to the resource creator, IDENTIFIER - an identifier everyone recognizes. Independent of where the information is created or by whom

  Agenda Outline

Agenda Item

Meeting Minutes from Discussion


"Agenda in Brief"

details follow

Review agenda - 

Review/Approve 7/7 Meeting minutes

Announcements

New Co-chair Announcement

Follow-ups

FHIR Tracker Items, update

IG Updates

Vocabulary Updates


No additions


***Send out note to listserv, reminding them of the new Zoom conference number, Done 7/20, pm.






Weekly Call Minutes

Review & Approve 7/07 meeting notes

Accepted by unanimous consent

ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • 7/20 call block votes:
    • CARIN
      • Block vote #4
      • Block vote #5
    • Da Vinci
      • CRD Block Vote #4 
      • PDex Block Vote #4
  • Calls - listed to the right
  • FM - Ballot Reconciliation Resources:  FM - Ballot Reconciliation Resources
    • Started a new confluence page to list all ballot reconciliation resources. If anyone has any that are not listed there, please update and let the rest of us know!!!
  • Ballot Cycle Dates:

Normative ANSI Standards approaching expiration

https://confluence.hl7.org/display/HL7/ANSI+Standards+approaching+expiration

FM has none.

STUs Expiring in Next 6 Months

https://confluence.hl7.org/display/HL7/STUs+Expiring+in+Next+6+Months

FM has none.

All deadline dates can be seen on the new Balloting, Content Submission, Voting, and Working Group Meeting Schedules on Confluence at:

https://confluence.hl7.org/display/HL7/HL7+Calendars

January 2021 Ballot Cycle


August 23, 2020

TSC Approval of the PSS

November 1, 2020

NIB Deadline

May 2021 Ballot Cycle


October 9, 2020

Submit Work Group Approved PSS to the PMO

December 18, 2020

TSC Approval of the PSS

March 7, 2021

NIB Deadline

September 2021 Ballot Cycle


February 5, 2021

Submit Work Group Approved PSS to the PMO

April 23, 2021

TSC Approval of the PSS

TBD

NIB Deadline

January 2022 Ballot Cycle


June 11, 2021

Submit Work Group Approved PSS to the PMO

August 13, 2021

TSC Approval of the PSS



Additional calls this week?

Set up all calls as they were:

  1. Accounts, Payments, and Statements at 4pm ET today. Standing call - Moved to Thursday. Same time and call in information.
  2. CARIN Alliance - Consumer Directed (BB) Ballot Reconciliation 2:30ET Mondays
  3. The Gender Harmony Project - Vocabulary WG EOW Monday 4pmET
  4. Sm Group Concepts/Nomenclature - Monday. Reach out to Linda Michaelsen

**See HL7 Conference Call Center for Da Vinci Calls



Follow-ups

1) Bob and Paul have a to-do:  R4 only notation to PSS, since REG specifies R4.

3/24/2020 - In Process

4/7/2020 - emails and documentation sent out to all balloters

5/5/2020 - Bob will update the PSS for TSC Review

5/12/2020 - Bob an d FM Co-chairs will update CRD PSS (it was the old process, need to update in Project Insight)

5/19/2020 - Bob. CRD, no pss changes/PDex ready to go, Paul will sent to TSC for eVote. CDS/CIC-DTR/HREx to Sponsors. Patient Care - CDex (not ready to ballot, so we have time). 

5/26/2019 - CRD/PDex to TSC. DTR is going to CIC. CDex in process.

FM approved date: 4/21/2020, CRD/PDex. Bob Dieterle/Laurie Burckhardt. 23-0-0

6/9/2020. Motion to accept removing support for STU2 and STU3 from HREX PSS and Implementation guide:

Bob Dieterle/Mark Schrimshire.  16-0-0

6/16/2020. Bob to PIE, CIC and Patient Care. 

6/30/2020. Bob working with Patient Care to get signoff

2) Schedule a joint with PA over the summer to touch base. Wednesday at 3pm.

3) Gender Harmony PSS 1387. FM CoSponsor. Who is monitoring? On Co-chair call agenda for 7/1/2020.

4) 4/27/2020 TSC Agenda Item. 3/3/2020:  In Process. ***follow-up:  setting up CARIN as a separate group (as DV) - webmaster@hl7.com. include Frank and Amol on email. Add this to the Accelerator start-up todos list. Ability to add calls. MK/Paul need to bring up at TSC. 

7/14/2020. Mark now has the power.

5) Extensions across profiles: Modeling and Methodology (MnM)

5/5/2020: FHIR-I took a stab at place to put extensions across profiles. Work in process.

5/12/2020: proposal fell apart at MnM - next call today, 5pmET

6/2/2020: Next MnM call 6/9/2020

6/30/2020: Next MnM call 7/7/2020. 7/14/2020. Paul attended the call. the right place this should be is in a registry. Grahame is reviewing the FIORI registry for our 'needs', reporting back to MnM which will include costs. Payers/ONC supported the creation of a suite of requirements. Approved in 2016 and delivered in 2017. Bob will look and share the document. 

6)  5/12/2020:  Need to take 'CARIN BB' or 'CARIN Blue Button' to TSC. Can we use the 'Blue Button or BB' as key lookups, etc?

5/19. Paul/MK need to take to TSC  meeting on 6/1 for confirmation: Can Tag under which artefacts are cataloged, then there are the short names contain the "BB"

6/9/2020 TSC Feedback.

7) Common Profiles/Common Extensions

  • TO DO:  start building out a list of FM specific profiles registry until one is created for all HL7 Profiles (easy search and find)
  • For DV the common profiles are being put into HRex. Will that need to change in the future?
  • There are standard profiles and extensions that are currently in the FHIR specification. BUT, not all IG level profiles and extensions are there. Creating a common instance should make things easier. Create a common repository.

8)  FM to do:  Need to put together a list of .identifiers that are used in claims and EOBs to include how to match the 2




 


















5/12/2020:  Need to take 'CARIN BB' or 'CARIN Blue Button' to TSC. Can we use the 'Blue Button or BB' as key lookups, etc?

5/19. Paul/MK need to take to TSC  meeting on 6/1 for confirmation: Can Tag under which artefacts are cataloged, then there are the short names contain the "BB"

6/9/2020 TSC Feedback. Please forward written permission from CMS. HL7 HQ will follow-up with CMS for the same approval. 

6/16/2020-6/30/2020 Awaiting feedback from CARIN. Lorraine Doo will help facilitate.







FHIR Tracker Items. 
  • How do we get Coverage records for someone? how do we get member's data when you are not the member?
    • It is a payer's process that will drive the ability. (plan based authorization)
    • Is there something that will need to be done with coverage? Token gives the requestor the right to see the information. 
    • Must be able to issue tokens so that an individual/warm body can be revoked. The token is revoked by the insurance company.
    • The 3rd party app may go and pull your information for you. It is the 3rd party app that holds the token to get the information, but the update token is the 3rd party app.
    • An app by itself that is registered with the payer. The app gets data on behalf of the person. That app gets registered. When the app comes into get data it is coming in on behalf of an individual. It must say I'm APP #1 and getting information for Member A. If member a authorized the app to get it's data, the app can get the data. The app holds the tokens and presents to the payer and asks if the app can still get the information - the refresh token is used after a period of time. The token is granted a set of scope. The token by itself doesn't give unlimited access to the data. The payer can refuse to answer the question. The control is really at the data giver (payer) side. The token sets the scope to the data. Beyond that, the payer can add additional limits to the scope. 
    • SMART authorization sequence - http://hl7.org/fhir/smart-app-launch/#smart-authorization-sequence


Issues:

Issue

Specification

Summary

Created

Last changed

FHIR-24398

[FHIR-us-davinci-pas]

In order to clarify, the IG should include verbiage that requires the payer to specify what information was missing that led to the rejection - PAS #189 ***more information is needed, how would this be done?

2020 03 09:  FM Chairs. Schedule meeting with Bob to discuss offline. This AND the ppt from WGM need to be reviewed.

2020 03 17:  If the PA has been rejected and Payer needs more information (after add'l information has been sent) - how does Payer send the information?

Bob:  There is nothing in the guide to do this. There is no attachment rule. The real question, if payer needs more additional information how do they convey this to the provider? 

2 flows to review: 1) using CRD/DTR     2) Not using CRD/DTR - 

Response:  "We will provide additional guidance on how the provider MAY submit additional information. This is an exception process and not the focus of the IG."

Bob will update the diagrams in the IG.

3/24/2020. Bob has updated the resolution will update the diagram.

Check 4/14. May need to vote

4/21/20. Bob. Will be a bit of text and a picture displaying the different ways to submit additional documentation (upload, transaction, fax) Payer will need to indicate which methods they will allow. There will be a sentence added to indicate the 'preferred' way if their technology allows. 

Motion to approve. Bob D./Laurie B. Discussion, would prefer to see the changes before voting.

7/14/2020. Move to close the Jira Ticket. Bob D/Mark Scrimshire. 17-0-0

2019-20-15

2020-51-06

FHIR-24174

[FHIR-us-davinci-pas]

Sadly, this seems to imply that Claim items should be resources. - PAS #23

Keith Boone submitted:  Based on the fact that there is a line item number.

2020 03 17  Discussion:  FHIR doesn't generally contain a line item concept. 

Response:  This conversation was addressed at a WGM. The community consensus was that breaking the item into a separate resource, but there was a recognition that there may need to be a separate identifier for that line. 

4.0 has item.sequence. in the US we actually use a real identifier that has been added as an extension. Need to consider item.detail, item.subdetail also. Will compose an email and send out to listserv(s) - FM/PIE/Pharmacy.

Resolution:  Paul will check with other affiliates to see if this would be helpful. If not, it will be an extension. If so, there will be a standard extension for R4. Will reach out to other realms to determine if used, if not it will remain an extension. 

7/14/2020.  Proposed disposition, not persuasive.  No changes.

Motion to approve disposition. Bob D/Jeff Brown. 20-0-0

2019-15-15

2020-16-07












7/14/2020 - New Flow

FHIR-24398:  

V2 Tracker Items.

tracker #25203 to add use cases. see:  V2 Identifiers

https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/v2-ballot-pkg/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=25203&start=50

tracker #25193 to update the IN2-25, IN2-26, and IN2-27 field definitions.

https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/v2-ballot-pkg/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=25193&start=50

Email thread is located at: V2 Questions - tracker #25203/#25193

Tracker:  15632: V2 GForge Ticket 15632 - PRT1:14 is broken

7/14/2020:  On Co-Chair to do list

We have identified the changes needed and sent an email to V2-MGT to get next steps. New publication process for both V2 and Vocabulary. Yay! 2 new processes to navigate to make this change.

Positive, only new V2 update process to navigate once complete

Move to new version

Opportunity for FM to update descriptions on resources and the descriptions of the code sets. Update the actual code sets, can't change the binding strength. 

Need to prioritize:

1) the resources that need to be reviewed

2) the code systems that need to be reviewed and updated (EXAMPLE). are they really an example or can they be 'updated' to the correct /updated value set

3) map resources to RIM (reference implementation model)

4) vocabulary needs (see separate row below)

7/14/2020:  On Co-Chair to do list



***CMS Regulation below refers to:

The Interoperability and Patient Access final rule (CMS-9115-F):  https://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Guidance/Interoperability/index


Education:

Confusion among the implementers between CARIN BB and PDex (immediate 2 that seem to be causing confusion) & JIRA Tickets. 

There is a graphic https://confluence.hl7.org/download/attachments/30638450/PDex%20vs%20CARIN%20BB%20v5.4.pptx?api=v2 

 and word document: https://confluence.hl7.org/download/attachments/30638450/CARIN%20BB%20and%20PDEX%20V2.4.docx?api=v2

(words to explain the graphic) which have been created as a response to 2 JIRA tickets:

FHIR-26699 :  There is clear overlap between this implementation guide and the DaVinci payer data exchange and clinical data exchange implementation guides

FHIR-26733 :  Clinical FHIR artifacts should be mentioned in this guide

As FM we need to review (and update if needed) and figure out where all to POST, INCLUDE, PROMOTE these for industry understanding.

CARIN BB Payer to 3rd party app for person

DV PDex Payer to CMS person API (3rd party app) or Payer-to-Payer for representing 'clinical' concepts, DX/ICD-PCS, HCPCS, represented in resources that represent concepts represented in Procedures, Observations, Medications, Condition

at the time PDex was created the providers are interested in dates, who did it, etc. 

Questions to FM: how to include the same information in both the IGs.


CARIN Update:

Consumer Directed Payer Data Exchange (AKA BB)

7 minutes 

3/24/2020: This guide supports CMS Regulation***. Reg date is 1/1/2021

http://hl7.org/fhir/us/carin-bb/2020Feb/index.html

  • CARIN BB PSS got ARB and TSC approval OCT 2019
  • FMG suggested new name 11/X/2019.
    • Consumer Directed Payer Data Exchange
  • CARIN NIB review, IG review  CARIN Blue Button IG Proposal. Been through a Connectathon based on draft content., FM reviewed and approved NIB 11/5/2019

 PSS for CARIN Blue Button

CARIN BB confluence ballot reconciliation page:  Ballot Reconciliation Calls for the CARIN IG for Blue Button®





1) review block vote #2, see:  https://confluence.hl7.org/pages/resumedraft.action?draftId=86971487&draftShareId=c18f5611-72a4-4b14-9d1a-0ed69cb0e856&

7/14/2020. Continued reivew of Block Vote 2 items.  Notes are on that page.

2) See emails. 

JIRA Ticket 26693.

Learning conversation, agreement in approach. Document will be updated. Lisa asked that the implementers be allowed to review. Bring back next week 7/7.

-needs more thought. the document will be updated and returned. 

-need to be able to get to a record in a specific point of time 

-not been a focal point of concentration in connectathons to date

7/14/2020:  Call last Friday. Initial search will include a search. the subsequent search will include a v read. It is restful FHIR type of read where the referenced resources can be returned at a later date. 2 variants. reached out to the payers via eMail. 

Amol noted this will be broken into specific use cases

3) Personas

Call with CMS on Frida 7/10. There was additional email traffic. There is a new document available. There appears to be conflict between CURES and HIPAA. At this time, the only comments are from AMA. 

the intent of the document was in resonse to a request from FM, COB/Medicare/Medicaid. Each personna was developed to describe how the payers handle the situation. It was BSBCA's attorney's determined the rule limited the information within a product. Others say it is for all qualified products within the payer. It also applies to the clinical data. the document applies to both situations. Impacts to CARIN and PDex.

awaiting an updated document.

7/14/2020.

While reviewing JIRA Tickets, discovered major changes in the CI build. Tickets that were being reviewed had been pre-applied to the IG, while the JIRA disposition does not indicate the change as being pre-applied. Updates to vocabulary made, those JIRA tickets have not been brought to FM for vote at all.  Confusion about the reconciliation process, pointed out the ballot recon page in FM that points to all ballot reconciliation documentation that MK could find. FM co-chairs will discuss how to do a quality check at next FM call. Will need to determine how to vet this IG when it goes to publish. 

 DV Update

20 minutes 






The Da Vinci IG Dashboard:  Da Vinci Implementation Guide Dashboard


Da Vinci Update

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Da Vinci IGs: 

Coverage Requirements Discovery (CRD)http://hl7.org/fhir/us/davinci-crd/2019May/index.html

3/24/2020: Implementation of this guide is not required by the CMS Regulation***.

Documents, Templates and Rules - DTRhttp://hl7.org/fhir/us/davinci-dtr/2019May/index.html

DTR - STU-1. Re-ballot (Ballot for Comment previously - comments resolved). SEP Ballot

3/24/2020: Implementation of this guide is not required by the CMS Regulation***.

HRex (Common across IGs – i.e., post/put without all use case details ) - http://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/davinci-ehrx/index.html Approved Monday 6/17/2019

3/24/2020:  Used by guides that support the final CMS rule. By itself it does not support the final rule***. 

Notifications:  http://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/davinci-alerts/branches/master/index.html - Feb 2020 Ballot

3/24/2020: This guide supports CMS Regulation***. Reg date is 6 months from publication

Payer Coverage Decision Exchange: Portability of current treatment, STU-1, SEP 2019 Ballot

Payer Coverage Decision Exchange: http://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/davinci-pcde/ 

3/24/2020: This guide supports CMS Regulation***. Plan to Plan 1/1/2022

Provider/Payer Clinical Data Exchange (CDex) (infrastructure)- http://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/davinci-ecdx/index.html Approved Monday 6/17/2019

3/24/2020: Implementation of this guide is not required by the CMS Regulation***.

Payer/Provider Data Exchange (PDex) - http://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/davinci-epdx/ :  Approved by FM WG 6/11/2019

PDex IG: http://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/davinci-epdx/

3/24/2020: This guide supports CMS Regulation***. Plan to Plan 1/1/2022

3/24/2020: This guide supports CMS Regulation***. Plan to Member 1/1/2021

PDex Plan Directory IG: http://hl7.org/fhir/us/davinci-pdex-plan-net/2020FEB/index.html  : Early FEB 2020

3/24/2020: This guide supports CMS Regulation***. Plan to Member 1/1/2021

PDex Plan Formulary - http://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/davinci-pdex-formulary/ - approved by pharmacy 6/11/2019

3/24/2020: This guide supports CMS Regulation***. Plan to Member 1/1/2021

PAS, STU-1, JAN Ballot

Prior Authorization Support: http://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/davinci-pas/index.html

3/24/2020: Implementation of this guide is not required by the CMS Regulation***.

Risk-Based Contracts Member Attribution List project, FHIR IG Review

3/24/2020: Implementation of this guide is not required by the CMS Regulation***.

http://hl7.org/fhir/us/davinci-atr/2020FEB/index.html

-->updated PSS for Value Based Care Member Identification (Updated) that includes the secondary use of Bulk Data Exchange along with the member list and the data definitions in other Da Vinci IGs (e.g. PDex) to define the scope of data that should be exchanged.

https://confluence.hl7.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=58657072

preparing a FHIR IG and we are working towards balloting for the upcoming Feb 2020 cycle. link to the IG proposal is here:

https://wiki.hl7.org/Da_Vinci_Risk_Based_Contract_Member_Identification_FHIR_IG_Proposal#Risk_Based_Contract_Member_Identification 

NIB review and approval:  11/19/2019.



5/5/2020.Bob D. Update: Single biggest issue is to land on exchange methods (path vs. communication request - content and exchange method very intertwined). What exactly do we use for consistency and what will the vendors be willing to support. Viet and Bob are working on this and it will be implemented across the guides. Payer coverage decision exchange and PDex. how to you ask someone to do something that requires manual intervention. still in process.


Paul: One more overall issue. When you have complex information that you are returning, something that requires more than one resource. Two ways to deliver that information. you can either deliver all of it in a package (bundle). OR you can deliver it granularity - one resource at a time. you can ask for a provider, then next resource. If you choose the latter approach, you won't get the same answers out of the 2 approaches. Option 1 you can get all the information contextually. If you choose the 2nd you will get the current version, may not be the version at the time.

Bob:  IGs are attempting to give the receiver enough information to make a decision. there may be a 2nd query to get the rest of the information.

Paul: must give people enough information so they can come back and get the right resource instance. 

Bob: Yes. Depends on the IG. 

Paul: the instance version in context is not generally understood. 

Lisa: and there is no clear indication or committment on the part of the vendors. 

Bob:  how do we take into account the different way this will be implemented. Endpoint only vs. instances.

>>>Need to continue this discussion next week (5/12)

>>>didn't discuss 5/12 - take to 5/19. 



7/20/2020:  Block Votes

CRD:  https://confluence.hl7.org/download/attachments/80121017/CRD%20Block%20Vote%204.xlsx?api=v2

PDex: https://confluence.hl7.org/download/attachments/80121017/PDex%20Block%20Vote%204.xlsx?api=v2

Vocabulary

All about vocab

AHA, AMA, CMS, NCPDP, X12

  • Register Code systems and value sets for use across implementation guides.
    • How do we do this across all IGs using the same code systems and value sets?
    • Register them in the UTG

1) RTPBC & CARIN BB

Value Sets for Coverage Levels and Payment Types

2) What IGs are impacted by:

5 Code Systems (NUCC, CARC, NUBC)

3) Large amount of work to do.

1) validating existing OIDs/code systems/ value sets in play across HL7 versions (research that is painful and time consuming)

2) updated new code system/value sets and then going back to depricate those that are questionable

4) R4.1:  Vocab in conjunction with RTPBC: Adjudication value set.  see:  https://confluence.hl7.org/download/attachments/30638450/CARIN-rtpbc-carinbb-HL7-CARC%20patient%20pay%20type%20comparison%20v3.4.xlsx?api=v2

  • FM will add this to the "Adjudication" vocabulary 
  • Amol question: are we tracking identifer type. CN for payer claim number. DV has a UMB. Are we keeping track of these additional value set codes? 

UTG:  create naming system and value sets and send to UTG (Ted). 


6/8/2020 Update:

AHA-NUBC, Pattern created. Given to Developers to use. Waiting to see what it looks like in an IG/UTG and will reach out to AHA-NUBC contact for approval.

AMA - CPT:  should be ok to go. see: http://hl7.org/fhir/cpt.html. Make sure you read all the way to the bottom!!! need the implicit value set URL http://hl7.org/fhir/ValueSet/cpt-all is a value set that includes all CPT codes. 

CMS - DRG, POS, RARC. in-flight. POS pretty close. 

NCPDP: DAW, Prescription Orgin Code, Plan reported brand - generic code.  DO we have V2/V3 Code System/Value Codes for these already? IF NOT: IF the pattern holds up, will reach out to NCPDP via HL7 Liaisons (Scott Roberts and Jean Duteau) to NCPDP Liaison (Margaret Weiker) to confirm. Research needed. 

X12.org - Pattern created. Developers using. Waiting to see what it looks like in IG/UTG and will reach out to X12.org for approval.


6/16/2020. brief overview to the WG on progress to day.

Conversation around multiple Code Systems with different IP licenseure in one element. Pat will bring an actual example to the group and we will walk through it. 

Account, Payment and Statement 

Work Effort Update

5 minute 

Invoice/Statement/Payment Work WG introduction to effort

Look for emails/doodle polls for meeting times and dates.

PIE WG will be included. 

Calls on Tuesday's. See FM Conference Call for details.

PSS awaiting ASD approval.

6/30:  Co-chair to do:  Has this been approved by TSC? Need to check PSS Process.

Insurance Concepts. 

Create definitions

Health Care Insurance Concepts/Nomenclature

Linda Michaelson is willing to drive:  please send her an email if you are interested:  linda.michaelsen@optum.com

Old version:  https://confluence.hl7.org/download/attachments/30638450/PlanType_InsType_LOB%202018%2009%2004.xlsx?api=v2

FHIR 4.0 FM page link:  http://hl7.org/fhir/financial-module.html#fingloss

Gathering Concepts:  Example of concept:  "The individual who owns the policy", "The individual who is being treated"

Documentation can be found at:

Concept/Nomenclature Definitions


Work continues.

Anesthesia Billing Support Update

5 minutes


Update: 

Meeting once a month. Next meeting:  

***Documentation here:  Anaesthesia Billing Support (under documentation)

***PSS:  PSS for Anaesthesia Billing Support

Preparing to create the V2 IG using the NIST tooling.

4/17/2020 - Pause in effort

Payer Identifiers

Identifiers that are used to identify a Payer


2020 03 03: Kathleen, research has been done. Needs V2 CR.  V2 - Kathleen/Donna work, any updates or discussion needed? KC - RE: Clarify IN1-36 & 49, IN2-61 Member ID.  Analysis done, guidance drafted. Just need to create V2 CR to add guidance and have WG approve to submit.


See:  V2 Identifiers

Needs to be a CR for V2



There are identifiers that are issued by Payers. Things like member id, group id, etc. Those are already covered within the Coverage Resource. (Member id - Coverage.identifier, Subscriber ID in the subscriber ID). Other identifiers go in class. 

Two conversations going on:  how do we identify a payer. There is not a consistent way to identify a payer in the US. There is no 'authority' that creates an "NPI" for a payer.



BACKLOG

Backlog rows have been moved to:

Parking Lot - Things we need to address


Backlog:

DRG

Need to add DRG at the root, currently at line in procedures. Analysis work to be done, then JIRA Ticket needed.


Backlog:

FM DAM

US DAM for FM

Co-chairs agree

Base it on v3 FICR DMIM

see:  http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/private/standards/v3/edition_web/domains/uvcr/editable/images/FICR_DM000000UV.png


Open Discussion




Next MeetingNext Tuesday.

ATTENDEES -

Meeting ID : 879 0272 4078  Topic : FM WG Weekly Tuesday Call - 11-1AM ET  User Email : fm-cc@lists.hl7.org

Duration (Minutes) : 129  Start Time : 2020-07-14 10:56:06 AM  End Time : 2020-07-14 01:04:44 PM

Participants : 34

Name (Original Name)User EmailJoin TimeLeave TimeDuration
(Minutes)

MaryKay McDaniel (Financial Management Work Group)

fm-cc@lists.hl7.org

2020-07-14 10:56:06 AM2020-07-14 01:03:01 PM127

Paul Knapp (Financial Management Work Group)

fm-cc@lists.hl7.org

2020-07-14 10:59:00 AM2020-07-14 01:04:43 PM126

Susan Langford


2020-07-14 10:59:34 AM2020-07-14 01:04:43 PM126

18168537164


2020-07-14 11:05:03 AM2020-07-14 12:00:09 PM56

lorraine.doo@cms.hhs.gov


2020-07-14 11:31:30 AM2020-07-14 12:29:15 PM58

Call-In User_1


2020-07-14 11:33:39 AM2020-07-14 01:04:29 PM91

Durwin Day

dayd@bcbsil.com

2020-07-14 11:35:40 AM2020-07-14 12:05:36 PM30

Lisa Nelson


2020-07-14 11:53:20 AM2020-07-14 12:34:04 PM41

14013482176


2020-07-14 11:54:11 AM2020-07-14 12:37:32 PM44

Yoni Schwartz

yschwartz@caringprof.com

2020-07-14 12:15:41 PM2020-07-14 12:53:43 PM39

Igor Sirkovich

sirkovich@gmail.com

2020-07-14 12:27:38 PM2020-07-14 01:04:41 PM38

Lisa Nelson


2020-07-14 12:34:55 PM2020-07-14 01:04:37 PM30

14013482176


2020-07-14 12:38:11 PM2020-07-14 01:04:38 PM27

Carie Hammond


2020-07-14 11:00:53 AM2020-07-14 11:31:03 AM31

Mark Scrimshire

mark@ekivemark.com

2020-07-14 11:01:33 AM2020-07-14 12:45:14 PM104

celine a lefebvre


2020-07-14 11:02:21 AM2020-07-14 01:01:44 PM120

Jeff Brown (Cigna)

jeff.brown@cigna.com

2020-07-14 11:02:35 AM2020-07-14 12:39:57 PM98

Kathleen Connor


2020-07-14 11:02:43 AM2020-07-14 12:02:02 PM60

Gil Jameson (C73506)


2020-07-14 11:03:39 AM2020-07-14 01:03:25 PM120

Robert Dieterle


2020-07-14 11:04:17 AM2020-07-14 11:05:57 AM2

Gail Kocher


2020-07-14 11:05:29 AM2020-07-14 01:03:32 PM119

Rachel Foerster


2020-07-14 11:05:44 AM2020-07-14 01:04:42 PM119

Robert Dieterle


2020-07-14 11:05:57 AM2020-07-14 12:00:08 PM55

Dave Hill# MITRE


2020-07-14 11:06:23 AM2020-07-14 12:01:15 PM55

Pat Taylor


2020-07-14 11:09:41 AM2020-07-14 11:11:33 AM2

LJames


2020-07-14 11:09:43 AM2020-07-14 01:04:43 PM115

Patricia Taylor

taylorpatriciab@bellsouth.net

2020-07-14 11:10:48 AM2020-07-14 01:04:41 PM114

Pat Taylor


2020-07-14 11:11:37 AM2020-07-14 01:04:31 PM113

Tony Benson


2020-07-14 11:11:55 AM2020-07-14 11:47:21 AM36

Mark Roberts

mark.roberts@leavittpartners.com

2020-07-14 11:17:25 AM2020-07-14 01:04:25 PM107

Nick Radov


2020-07-14 11:28:51 AM2020-07-14 12:37:58 PM70

Amol Vyas (Cambia Health)


2020-07-14 11:32:47 AM2020-07-14 01:04:32 PM92

Tony Benson


2020-07-14 11:47:57 AM2020-07-14 12:00:06 PM13

Yoni Schwartz

yschwartz@caringprof.com

2020-07-14 12:12:05 PM2020-07-14 12:16:16 PM5

Nick Radov


2020-07-14 12:40:31 PM2020-07-14 01:03:37 PM24





  • No labels