Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Chair:  @Paul Knapp

Scribe: @MaryKay McDaniel

Call Logistics:  This call is at 11 AM ET, 10 AM CT, 9 MT, 8 AM PT, join using https://join.freeconferencecall.com/fm4

Attendees

Present

Name

email

Affiliation

  •  
Kathleen Connor
  •  
Paul Knapppknapp@pknapp.comKnapp Consulting Inc.
  •  
MaryKay McDanielmarykay.mcdaniel@cognosante.comCognosante
  •  
Benoit Schoefflerbenoit.schoeffler@almerys.comAlmerys
  •  
Alex Beckneralex.beckner@cerner.comCerner
  •  
Lou BedorLouis.Bedor@cognosante.comCognosante
  •  
Laurie Burckhardtlaurie.burckhardt@wpsic.comWPS
  •  
Tricia Chitwoodtricia.chitwood@cerner.comCerner
  •  
Rachel FoersterRachel@rfa-edi.com
  •  
Susan LangfordSusan_Langford@bcbst.comBCBST
  •  
Linda Michaelsenlinda.michaelsen@optum.comOptum
  •  
Joe QuinnJoseph.Quinn@optum.comOptum
  •  
Mark Scrimshiremark@ekivemark.comCMS/NewWave
  •  
Najee Shafinajee.shafi@cognosante.comCognosante
  •  
Andy Stechishinandy.stechishin@gmail.com
  •  
Katie Sullivankatie.sullivan@cognosante.comCognosante
  •  
Andy Gregorowiczandrewg@mitre.org

The MITRE Corporation

  •  
Patrick J LaRocqueplarocque@mitre.orgThe MITRE Corporation
  •  
Ray Delanoray.delano@cerner.comCerner
  •  
Larry Decellesldecelles@mitre.comMITRE
  •  
Robert Dieterlerdieterle@enablecare.usEnableCare
  •  
Ben Hamlinhamlin@ncqa.orgNCQA
  •  
Julia Chanjchan@cwglobalconsult.com


Create Decision from template

Agenda Topics

Minutes Approved as Presented, 2018 12 18

  •  

This is to approve minutes via general consent. "You have received the minutes. Are there any corrections to the minutes? (pause) Hearing none, if there are no objections, the minutes are approved as printed."


Agenda Outline

Agenda Item

Meeting Minutes from Discussion

Decision Link(if not child)

Approve previous Minutes

2018-12-18 FM Interim Meeting

Moved: /Second: , 12-0-0



Proposed Agenda,

Ballot Reconciliation, Coverage Requirements Discovery

1) Agenda for January Meeting, finalize

FYI, Baltimore pics:

As we prepare for San Antonio, I realized that I had been remiss in processing and posting photos from September’s plenary meeting.  I leave it to you to decide if you wish to distribute this to your respective lists.

 As always, my photos are available for free download and unrestricted personal use.  To download from my site, you will need to “buy” the photos you want – you will not be charged.  See you all in San Antonio!

 http://kenrubinphotography.com/p227850362

 - Ken

 Ken Rubin,Interoperability Architect, University of Utah – Department of Biomedical Informatics, Ken.rubin@utah.edu, +1 301 613 3104

2) PSS Updates:

PSS at: PSS for HL7 FM Survey

Note: Missing project number. Need to go back and add it.

PSS at: PSS for Payer Data Exchange (PDex)

Note: Missing project number. Need to go back and add it.

***MK: Send email to David for project numbers, validate signature dates in the PSS themselves

3) Anesthesia Billing Outreach update - MK

No update.

4) Hospice Indicator TIME BOX 15 MINUTES.

See email thread: https://confluence.hl7.org/download/attachments/30638450/Hospice%20Indicator%20eMail%20Thread.docx?api=v2

***Needs an indicator with start and end date, not required. Allow for multiples. Take forward to WGM, Wednesday. Defining an extension that goes on coverage with at data type of period which could be used on any of the coverages, but the extension would have the purpose of defining quality exclusions "Special Populations" such as Hospice and LTC. US Realm only. Is this something that other countries would be interested? If so, can we make it a 1st order data element.

Will add to FM WGM Wednesday Q3. Also take to PA to socialize, Thursday Q2.

5) CONTINUATION OF BALLOT RECONCILIATION

 


Methodology

Added Items


Ballot Reconciliation - FHIR Core Resources

Ballot Recon Meeting Minutes:

TrackerIDSummaryOutcome

Moved/

Seconder

VoteComment
17888

Coverage Requests should require mutual TLS (Joshua Mandel)


Was a shall, made a should. This a web centric protocol.

There is a discussion in the FHIR security module and came to the same conclusion.

Persuasive with ModAndy Gregorowicz / Mark Scrimshire15-0-0

Deferring to ITS, today 12/4/2018. Paul will bring up in call later today and will loop back to Andy G. Conflicts between hooks and the IG.

Paul Update from ITS: Not much discussion on the ITS call. Remind Paul on 12/18/2018, for next ITS call.

1/8/2019: should is appropriate.

18948

There needs to be additional configuration options suggested within the IG. - CRD #89 (Mary Kay McDaniel) None

18948 - There needs to be additional configuration options suggested within the IG

This item was discussed in both the Da Vinci Use Case Group as well as on the 11/20 FM call. However, I have received a report from Lloyd McKenzie which states that Negative Major ballot comments are not able to have a resolution of Considered for Future Use. Given that we changed the resolution on the 11/20 call, I feel we need to readdress the issue on tomorrow’s call.




Originally discussed 11/20/2018 on WGM call.


1/8/2019: Per Paul, this is an allowable ballot disposition. Need to touch base with TSC for confirmation. Will bring back to the group after WGM.







18972Add standard prefetch definitions for each hook - CRD #113 (Richard Ettema)Not Persuasive with Mod

Per Loyd McKenzie, there is no benefit in standardizing the prefetch document. Develop something that is nimble.

Everyone's end point will have a different name.

Deferring today. Group did not agree with no standardization. Concerned that the business side does not understand, have not been adequately educated with the potential outcomes. Templates/standardization seems to be needed. How do you test this?







18875Client and server roles aren't defined yet. More context at this point in the spec would be helpful - CRD #1 (Andrew Gregorowicz)Persuasive

Deferred for Andy input.
18878 Link CDS Service and HTTP Request to the relevant parts of the CDS Hooks specification - CRD #4 (Andrew Gregorowicz)Persuasive

Deferred for Andy input.
18880 Suggest that we state that “boolean” and “integer” conform to their specification in the FHIR base data types. - CRD #6 (Andrew Gregorowicz)Not Persuasive with Mod

Deferred for Andy input.
18883 

Suggest this request for functionality to be added to prefetch be limited to CDS Hook Request context properties that are defined as FHIR Bundles - CRD #9 (Andrew Gregorowicz)

Not Persuasive

Deferred for Andy input.

Block vote
Andy Gregorowicz/ Rachel Foerester7-0-0

Block vote
Andy Gregorowicz/ Andy Stechishin7-0-0
18100 

Question CRD IG Home Page (Freida Hall)

Persuasive with ModAndy Gregorowicz/ Rachel Foerester7-0-0
18101

CRD - question re: section #s (Freida Hall)

Considered - Question AnsweredAndy Gregorowicz/ Andy Stechishin7-0-0
18102 

Typo US DA Vinci CRD (Freida Hall)

Persuasive


18103 

Question FHIR vs. X12 HIPAA functionality (Freida Hall)

Considered - Question AnsweredAndy Gregorowicz/ Andy Stechishin7-0-0
18104 

Designation specification vs. standard (Freida Hall)

PersuasiveAndy Gregorowicz/ Andy Stechishin7-0-0
18106 

Correct references to source material (Freida Hall)

PersuasiveAndy Gregorowicz/ Andy Stechishin7-0-0
18107 

Typo CRD specification (Freida Hall)

Persuasive


18108 

CDS Hooks section(reference in Da Vinci CRD) (Freida Hall)

Considered - No action requiredAndy Gregorowicz/ Andy Stechishin7-0-0
18115

Correct all hyperlinks referencing SMART on FHIR (Freida Hall)

PersuasiveAndy Gregorowicz/ Andy Stechishin7-0-0
18116 

Consistent use of EMR vs. EHR per ONC definition (Freida Hall)

Duplicate comment 18957 & 18956

PersuasiveAndy Gregorowicz/ Andy Stechishin7-0-0
18117 

US Core reference suggestion (Freida Hall)

Considered - Question AnsweredAndy Gregorowicz/ Andy Stechishin7-0-0
18118 

Standardization comment (Freida Hall)

duplicate of 18948

Considered - No action required

Put with 18948
18119

 Typo Section 3 CRD (Freida Hall)

Persuasive


18120 Artifact List for FHIR R4 Profiles (in CRD) (Freida Hall) Considered - Question AnsweredAndy Gregorowicz/ Andy Stechishin7-0-0
18121

ServiceRequest.code clarification (Freida Hall)

Not Persuasive with ModAndy Gregorowicz/ Rachel Foerester7-0- 0
18876 

Is SMART needed - CRD #2 (Andrew Gregorowicz)

Duplicate of 18892

Persuasive with ModAndy Gregorowicz/ Andy Stechishin7-0-0
18877 

CDS Hooks Page Correction - CRD #3 (Andrew Gregorowicz)

Persuasive


18878 

Link CDS Service and HTTP Request to the relevant parts of the CDS Hooks specification - CRD #4 (Andrew Gregorowicz)

Persuasive


18880

Suggest that we state that “boolean” and “integer” conform to their specification in the FHIR base data types. - CRD #6 (Andrew Gregorowicz)

Not Persuasive with Mod


18882

Fix prefetch key syntax - CRD #8 (Andrew Gregorowicz)

PersuasiveAndy Gregorowicz/ Andy Stechishin7-0-0
18883 

Suggest this request for functionality to be added to prefetch be limited to CDS Hook Request context properties that are defined as FHIR Bundles - CRD #9 (Andrew Gregorowicz)

Not Persuasive


18884 

CDS Hooks Page Correction - CRD #10 (Andrew Gregorowicz)

PersuasiveAndy Gregorowicz/ Andy Stechishin7-0-0
18885 

Note that request resources might not have consistent ids - CRD #11 (Andrew Gregorowicz)

Persuasive with ModAndy Gregorowicz/ Andy Stechishin7-0-0
18888

CDS Hooks Page Correction - CRD #14 (Andrew Gregorowicz)

PersuasiveAndy Gregorowicz/ Rachel Foerester7-0-0
18892 

SMART on FHIR support not fully specified - CRD #18 (Corey Spears)

None


18895 

Without a defined enumerated list it will be quite costly and will cause additional time to solution for the VHA to have a plug-and-play solution. - CRD #36 (Ken Lord)

Considered for Future Use

dup of 18948
18899 

Clarification on SMART on FHIR support - CRD #40 (Ken Lord)

Persuasive with ModAndy Gregorowicz/ Andy Stechishin7-0-0
18904Suggest to remove FHIR Spec and CDS Hooks from the menu bar and only have them referenced from within other pages. Now it seems like FHIR and CDS Hooks are part of CRD rather than referenced by. The Background section can be used for this. - CRD #45 (Hans Buitendijk)PersuasiveAndy Gregorowicz/ Rachel Foerester7-0-0
18907 This section should be accessible from the main menu. - CRD #48 (Hans Buitendijk)

Persuasive

Andy Gregorowicz/ Andy Stechishin7-0-0
18908Suggest to separate Use Cases from Background once the Use Case section is complete. - CRD #49 (Hans Buitendijk)PersuasiveAndy Gregorowicz/ Andy Stechishin7-0-0
18909This section should be accessible from the main menu. - CRD #50 (Hans Buitendijk)PersuasiveAndy Gregorowicz/ Andy Stechishin7-0-0
18914 

Provide moe context to the context that enables the client app to choose the level of detail - CRD #55 (Hans Buitendijk)

None


18963 

Proposed hooks are not on github - CRD #104 (Mary Kay McDaniel)

Persuasive


18975 

Expand section 2.1.2 to describe in more detail why/how the CDS Hooks is intended to be used to support Coverage Requirements Discovery - CRD #116 (Walter Suarez)

None



 


Management Next agenda

Tuesday, January 22, 2018 at 11:00 - 12:30 ET

  • Ballot Reconciliation - CRD, Da Vinci Project work.

 Adjournment
 Adjourned at 12:30 ET

Supporting Documents

Outline Reference

Supporting Document

Minute Approval


Action items