- 1 Slot
- 1.1 Owning committee name
- 1.2 Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- 1.3 FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
- 1.4 Scope of coverage
- 1.5 RIM scope
- 1.6 Resource appropriateness
- 1.7 Expected implementations
- 1.8 Content sources
- 1.9 Example Scenarios
- 1.10 Resource Relationships
- 1.11 Timelines
- 1.12 gForge Users
Owning committee name
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
Scope of coverage
The slot is used to cover:
- an interval of time whereby the referenced schedule resource's may be booked
- what type of appointment(s) can be booked in the interval of time (may over-rule the schedules restrictions)
- The status of the slot (busy/available/overbooked)
The slot does not cover:
- Recurrences (at this point)
- the total window of time in the "planning horizon" (This is covered by the Schedule resource)
Act(Classcode=Slot and ActMood = ActMoodResourceSlot)
Increasingly organizations provide the service schedule availability information for internal and external systems to consume. The slot is the unit of time that can be booked. The consumers of the slot information need to know what rimes are available for what type of healthcare services.
This resource is expected to be implemented by clinics, general practices and specialist healthcare provider's software solutions to publish their availability information to take appointments directly from users internal or external to the organization providing the information. The users could be either the Patient, the Provider, or an agent acting on the Patients behalf (such as his General Practitioner or Care Manager)
The slot resource has some overlap with the iCal standard, the mapping to this standard will also be in scope of the resource.
We also considered the HL7 v2 and v3 schedule messages and models which are also closely related.
A Physio-Therapy clinic wants to publish a 2 month planning horizon for where appointments can be booked. Each available period of time will have a slot resource created describing that time slot; what it can be used for, and the availability status of the slot.
An outpatients clinic's Operating Room publishes its available slots. With this particular outpatient clinic, the mornings slots are available for general surgery appointments, and the afternoon is restricted in the types of appointments due to staffing restrictions and reduced recovery times.
This Slot Resource will reference the Schedule that it "belongs" to, and will be referenced by any Appointment Resources that have been booked into this Slot.
Given the progress to date, we expect that this resource will be ready for inclusion in the DSTU2 Ballot, the resource has already undergone a great deal of review in PA over the last 6 months.
brian_pos ewoutkramer grahameg