A final page you can populate content on.
FHIR CONNECTATHON 22
September 14, 2019 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM & September 15, 2019 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis in Atlanta, Georgia.
The contact for this event is Sandy Vance who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1.614.273.5916
Plan a Track! by clicking here. Track Proposals are due July 31, 2019.
Early Bird Registration is available through Saturday, August 24, 2019.
If you or your company are interested in participating in the connectathon, please do the following:
- Read the Connectathon version of the FHIR Specification and the FHIR wiki if you haven't already done so, to become familiar with the concepts.
- Read the Track descriptions found in the drop down list on the left under Tracks for Connectathon 22.
- Register to attend the WGM, and make sure to select the Connectathon option when you do
- Complete the HL7 FHIR Pre-Connectathon Survey (Link available SOON!) for each member of your team to indicate their primary track.
Space at the venue is limited, so please register as soon as possible. Preference will be given to those who are participating in the technical event. Observers are welcome if space permits.
Pre Connectathon Survey
Break Out Room Schedule
Connectathon Planning Team
- Grahame Grieve, Health Intersections Pty Ltd
- David Hay, Orion Health
- Sandy Vance, HL7 Connectathon Administrator, AEGIS.net
- There are several FHIR tutorials scheduled through-out the week and a full list can be found by clicking the word "Tutorials" in the upper right corner of the Event Brochure which can be found here.
FHIR Proficiency Exam
- The FHIR proficiency test allows test takers to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of the specification. This is a basic proficiency test, not a professional credentialing test. It will be multiple choice, multi-select, and true/false and based on the STU3 specification and not on field knowledge. Those who pass the test will receive the FHIR Proficiency Certificate, a Certificate of Knowledge.
- Tutorials on the FHIR Proficiency Exam can be found in HL7's Education on Demand site: https://www.pathlms.com/hl7.
- The exam can be taken either online or at one of 900 HOST centers of HL7's testing service Kryterion. More details can be found at http://www.hl7.org/implement/certification.cfm?ref=nav.
Work Group Meetings
HL7 WGMs are where a lot of the development work on FHIR happens. Numerous work groups will be considering FHIR change proposals, working on FHIR profiles and resources, and debating other aspects of FHIR implementation. There will also be meetings of the FHIR Governance Board and FHIR Management Group discussing policies relating to FHIR. There are often ad-hoc meetings at breakfast, lunch and after-hours to discuss items of interest such as tooling, new domains, particular technical issues, etc.
You can take a look at the Event Brochure to get a sense of the breadth of discussions that will be taking place.
Participating in the WGM is a good way to get a sense of the people involved in building the spec, to form relationships, to get more deeply involved in the FHIR community and to influence how the standard evolves.
Another Page to populate content on.
Location: Atlanta Marriott Marquis hotel (same as the HL7 Working Group Meeting occurring September 14-20)
Date of Training Workshops: September 11-13 2019
Training will occur 1-5pm on Wednesday and 9-5pm on Thursday and Friday
The FHIR Implementation Guide (IG) Workshop is for a series of three restricted, limited space workshops targeting IG publishers and new ballot reviewers. All attendees will be nominated in advance by the FHIR Core team.
The FHIR Core Team hasn’t identified a list of invitees yet, but if you’d like to suggest names to be included to the waiting list, just let us know and we’ll inform you when more details are available.
Entries below should select the appropriate workshops desired:
Workshop 1: Implementation Guide Creation (Wednesday afternoon and all day Thursday)
Workshop 2: Terminology considerations (Friday morning)
Workshop 3: Implementation Guide Ballot Review Best Practices (Friday afternoon)
Workshop 2: Terminology Considerations
|Workshop 3: |
IG Ballot Review Best Practices
|Linda Michaelson||Optumemail@example.com||X||X||Email from Linda: |
Yes, please put me on this list. I am copying in my Da Vinci team to promote me for the workshop – I am a co-lead on several workgroups and would like to be able to at least help in this process. From a scheduling perspective, when do you think it will be held? Linda
|Lisa Nelson||MaxMDfirstname.lastname@example.org||X||X||X||Requested 2 slots; Lisa has a candidate who is willing to learn and offer significant in kind contributions for creation and review. Lisa is teaching the Terminology session. Now 1 slot only; Lisa can't attend.|
|Benjamin Flessneremail@example.com||Recommended by Sean McIlvenna|
|George Dixon||AllScripts||X||Recommended by Sarah Gaunt|
|Emma Jones||AllScripts||X||Recommended by Sarah Gaunt|
|John Hatemfirstname.lastname@example.org||X||Recommended by Melva Peters|
|Andrew Statler||Cerner||Andrew.Statler@cerner.com||X||Recommended by Sean McIlvenna|
|Reuben Danielsemail@example.com||X||Recommended by Sarah Gaunt|
|Micheal Lawley||Michael.Lawley@csiro.au||X||Recommended by Sarah Gaunt|
|Smita Hastack||Samvit Solutionsfirstname.lastname@example.org||X||Recommended by Lloyd McKenzie|
|Robinette Renneremail@example.com||X||Recommended by Lloyd McKenzie|
|Rik Smithiesfirstname.lastname@example.org||X||X||Recommended by Lloyd McKenzie|
|Linda Michaelsen||Optumemail@example.com||X||X||Recommended by Bryn Rhodes (Duplicate of Row 1)|
|Patrick Werner||MOLIT Institutfirstname.lastname@example.org||X||X||X|
|José Costa Teixeiraemail@example.com||X||X||X|
|John Moehrkefirstname.lastname@example.org||X||X||X||Recommended by José|
Christi Denney (see also below)
+ 1 other CDISC rep
|CDISC has a couple of people they'd like to send - need named individuals; and CDISC hasn't been participating in IG creation or ballot reviews.|
|Oliver Egger||ahdis / hl7 swtzerland||(X)||X|
|ONC||ONC has requested 1 slot for an ONC employee who will be designated later.|
|Christine (Christi) Denney||Christi_d@lilly.com||X||X||X||Recommended by BR&R and Trisha Simpson. Author of 1 IG from BR&R for Sept 2019. Will be assisting with IG development for Research.|
The bulk of the content for this page has yet to be migrated from http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=FHIR