Incoming links from the FHIR specification
What tools are available / recommended to support FHIR development & implementation?
The FHIR specification itself includes several tools - like schemas, to help with implementing FHIR. There is also a list available of Open Source Implementations (reference platforms) that implement the specification for various common development platforms. These tools are provided for implementer convenience, but there is no requirement to use them; other platforms can be used.
This page summarizes tools that are commonly used in the FHIR development community, in the following categories:
Additionally, see the Application Registry on fhir.org.
FHIR resource editing
- See Profile Tooling, Editing section
FHIR validation and testing
- For FHIR resource validation, see: Profile Tooling, Validation section
- For FHIR implementation testing, see: Testing Platforms
Generic REST Development Tools
- Poster - REST testing tool [FireFox] [Chrome]
- [Fiddler] - HTTP debugger/tester
- [Pocket Soap HTTP Tracers]
FHIR app development
- For programming libraries, see Open Source Implementations.