- 1 DeviceComponent
- 1.1 Owning committee name
- 1.2 Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- 1.3 FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
- 1.4 Scope of coverage
- 1.5 RIM scope
- 1.6 Resource appropriateness
- 1.7 Expected implementations
- 1.8 Content sources
- 1.9 Example Scenarios
- 1.10 Resource Relationships
- 1.11 Timelines
- 1.12 gForge Users
Owning committee name
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
Scope of coverage
The DeviceComponent resource is used to describe the characteristics, operational status and capabilities of a medical-related component of a medical device. It can be a physical component that is integrated inside the device, a removable physical component, or a non-physical component that allows physiological measurement data and its derived data to be grouped in a hierarchical information organization.
For the initial scope, this DeviceComponent resource is only applicable to describe a single node (such as MDS, VMD, or Channel) represents in the containment tree that is produced by the context scanner in any medical device that implements or derives from the ISO/IEEE 11073 standard.
This DeviceComponent resource is solely used to describe a single node (such as MDS, VMD, or Channel) represents in the containment tree that is produced by the context scanner in any medical device that implements or derives from the ISO/IEEE 11073 standard. Refer to MedicalDeviceSystem, VirtualMedicalDevice, and DeviceChannel profiles for a more appropriate usage.
- Center for Medical Interoperability will be in collaboration with DrÃ¤ger Medical to work on the resource definition for DeviceComponent.
- ISO/IEEE 11073-10201
- ISO/IEEE 11073-20601
- A simple MDS from a pulse oximeter containment tree.
- A plugin module for a patient monitoring system containment tree.
- A primary channel from an infusion pump containment tree.
- Device (by MedicalDeviceSystem profile)
- Patient (by MedicalDeviceSystem profile)
- Location (by MedicalDeviceSystem profile)
- Ready for Draft for Comment ballot: January 2015
- Complete for DSTU 2.0: August 2015