Resource names should meet the following characteristics: (for additional guidance on considerations for resource creation, refer to FHIR Resource Considerations)
- Upper camel case
- Avoid non-universal abbreviations (e.g. URL would be ok)
- Be expressed as a noun
- Be consistent with other similar resources
DeviceUseStatement[edit | edit source]
Owning committee name[edit | edit source]
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups[edit | edit source]
FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID[edit | edit source]
Scope of coverage[edit | edit source]
Note: This resource will be undergoing major revisions to align with the FHIR workflow 'event pattern'.
The DeviceUseStatement resource:
- records ??? the use of a healthcare-related device by a patient. The record is the result of a report of use by the patient or another provider. ???
- is this within the 80% or are observations used?.
- Is it also the 'event' resource in response to the DeviceUseRequest request i.e a record of the Delivery?
- Do we need another resource for this??
- This resource does not address the logistics of supply movement and is not associated with a patient. The SupplyDelivery resource would be used for 'generic' movement of devices.
RIM scope[edit | edit source]
Lloyd to provide
Resource appropriateness[edit | edit source]
Resource to record the use/receipt of devices by patient are necessary in healthcare.
Expected implementations[edit | edit source]
Content sources[edit | edit source]
- FHIR Wrokflow event template
Example Scenarios[edit | edit source]
1) The resource can be used to note the patient reported use of a
- a wheelchair
- hearing aid
- an implanted devices such as a pacemaker.
2) The resource can be used to record the delivery of a ordered device such as:
- bone fixature
- IV Pump
- a home health application
to a patient's room or home
Resource Relationships[edit | edit source]
Timelines[edit | edit source]
gForge Users[edit | edit source]
Issues[edit | edit source]
Does there need to be separate Dispense and Statement resources?