- Kickoff Meeting will be at 10am ET (GMT-4) on Thursday, September 10th
- Daily Checkins will take place at 10am and 3pm ET (GMT-4) on Zoom launched through the Whova app
- Communication - all track discussions will take place on the Bulk Data Zulip Stream: https://chat.fhir.org/#streams/179250/bulk%20data
- Sign up sheet
- Participating Servers and clients
This track will focus on testing proposed updates to the Bulk Data Implementation Guide (IG). Version 1.2 incorporates learnings from implementer experience with v1.0 and has been developed over the past few months through a series of open community meetings coordinated by the Argonaut FHIR Accelerator.
Healthcare and payor organizations have many reasons to transmit data on large populations of patients, such as moving clinical data into an analytic data warehouse, sharing data between organizations, or submitting data to regulatory agencies. Today, bulk export is often accomplished with proprietary pipelines, and data transfer operations often involve an engineering and field mapping project. The bulk data implementation guide (IG) is exciting effort by HL7, Argonaut, and SMART to bring the FHIR standard to bear on these challenges of bulk-data export. This track will focus on testing proposed updates for v1.2 that incorporate learnings from implementation experience with v1.0 of the IG and were developed over the last few months through a series of open community meetings coordinated by the Argonaut FHIR Accelerator.
- Test an Implementation Guide
Submitting Work Group/Project/Accelerator/Affiliate/Implementer Group
- FHIR-I / Argonaut Bulk Data Workgroup
Proposed Track Lead
- Dan Gottlieb
- Josh Mandel
- Most test servers have implemented FHIR R4, though the Bulk Data IG is not version specific
Specification(s) this track uses
- IG v1.0 Overview Presentation (Slides / Video)
- Server and Client Reference Implementation
- Inferno Community Edition Test Suite
Clinical input requested (if any)
Patient input requested (if any)
- bulk data
- 2pm ET on Thursday, September 3rd: https://meet.jit.si/argo2020.bulk
- Data Provider: Bulk Data server implementing one or more of the enhancements in the draft v1.2 of the IG.
- Data Consumer: Bulk Data client with capability to retrieve data using features from v1.2 of the IG.
Scenarios - based on current draft of Bulk Data IG
Scenario 1: Bulk data export with retrieval of referenced files on an open endpoint
Scenario 2: Bulk data export with retrieval of referenced files on a protected endpoint
- Data Consumer registers with Data Provider, per SMART Backend Services Authorization
- Data Consumer obtains an access token, per SMART Backend Services Authorization
- Data Consumer attempts to retrieve a dataset using the flow outlined in the Bulk Data Export IG without providing a valid access token and fails
Security and Privacy Considerations
SMART Backend Services Authorization will be required to participate in Scenario 2
Report Out: document