HL7 FHIR CONNECTATHON 23
Sunday, February 2, 2020 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM &
Monday, February 3, 2020 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
at the ICC Sydney in Sydney, Australia.
Cockle Bay Room
The contact for this event is Sandy Vance who can be reached at email@example.com or +1.614.273.5916
The Final Connectathon 23 Report Out can be found here.
Register for the Connectathon and Work Group Meeting here.
Report your progress on the Track Report Here!
Use this powerpoint template for your Track Orientation Sessions and post to your track page.
Please review this recording of the Track Lead Information Session that was held on December 10, 2019.
Plan a Track! by clicking here. Track Proposals were due November 30, 2019.
If you or your company are interested in participating in the connectathon, please do the following:
- Read the Connectathon version of the FHIR Specification and the FHIR wiki if you haven't already done so, to become familiar with the concepts.
- Read the Track descriptions found in the drop down list on the left under Tracks for Connectathon 23.
- Register to attend the WGM, and make sure to select the Connectathon option when you do
- Complete the HL7 FHIR Pre-Connectathon Survey for each member of your team to indicate their primary track.
Space at the venue is limited, so please register as soon as possible. Preference will be given to those who are participating in the technical event. Observers are welcome if space permits.
Contact Sandy Vance at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Connectathon Planning Team
- Grahame Grieve, Health Intersections Pty Ltd
- David Hay
- Sandy Vance, HL7 Connectathon Administrator, AEGIS.net
Work Group Meetings
HL7 WGMs are where a lot of the development work on FHIR happens. Numerous work groups will be considering FHIR change proposals, working on FHIR profiles and resources, and debating other aspects of FHIR implementation. There will also be meetings of the FHIR Governance Board and FHIR Management Group discussing policies relating to FHIR. There are often ad-hoc meetings at breakfast, lunch and after-hours to discuss items of interest such as tooling, new domains, particular technical issues, etc.
You can take a look at the HL7 Confluence Pages related to specific work groups to get a sense of the breadth of discussions that will be taking place.
Participating in the WGM is a good way to get involved in the FHIR Community, form relationships and influence how the standard evolves.
Proposals due by : November 30, 2019
To enter a track proposal, go to the ellipsis next to the Create button at the top of this page, click show more, and select the Track Proposal Template. Once you name your page, click publish in the bottom right corner. For more information on how to use a template to set up a new page click here.
The FHIR standards development process uses a philosophy of constant implementation to make sure that the standard is implementable in the real world. A key element of realizing this mindset is a FHIR Connectathon at each HL7 Working Group Meeting. The event is typically held on the Saturday and Sunday prior to the meeting and allows participants to test or develop software in an informal way. Test FHIR servers are available and some participants bring other servers along depending on the actors they are fulfilling.
The principles associated with connectathons can be found here.
Test servers are available (FHIR Test Servers ), but some participants may bring other servers along depending on the actors they are fulfilling.
Each track has a coordinating Track Lead. Please review Track Lead responsibilities.
- 2020-02 CDS Hooks Track
- 2020-02 Child Health
- 2020-02 Clinical Reasoning
- 2020-02 ePrescribing Track (Active Script List)
- 2020-02 Evidence Based Medicine (EBM) on FHIR Track
- 2020-02 FHIR Shorthand Track
- 2020-02 International Patient Summary Track
- 2020-02 JSON-LD/RDF Implementation Track
- 2020-02 LOINC - InVitro Diagnostic (LIVD) Mapping Track
- 2020-02 Patient Track
- 2020-02 Primary Care Track (Practice-to-Practice Record Transfer)
- 2020-02 Structured Data Capture
- 2020-02 Subscriptions Track
- 2020-02 Terminology Services Track
Track Lead Resources
Please plan to host a track orientation 30-60 minute webinar. If you would like help with scheduling, recording, and posting the Go To Meeting for this orientation contact email@example.com with your preferred time. Otherwise - be sure to record and post it to your track page in confluence.]
Each track lead will be expected to participate in developing the track report out for the participants of their track.
Guidelines for report out:
- 1 paragraph summary: what was the track trying to achieve
- 1 list of participants (with logos if you have time and energy)
- 1 paragraph: notable achievements
- 1-2 screenshots if relevant and interesting and/or links to further information about implementations/achievements
- 1 paragraph: discovered issues / questions (if there are any)
- 1 paragraph: now what?
Vital Records Birth and Fetal Death Reporting FHIR IGMay 27, 2020 • created by Sarah Gaunt
Day 1.01 Larry leads discussion about the main concepts behind DTR IG and CRD IG.mp4
Day 2.04 Demo of VSAC value sets in MITRE’s reference implementation.mp4
Day 2.05 Discussion of VSAC authoring, use, governance, CQL.mp4
- No labels