Submitting WG/Project/Implementer Group
- Orders & Observations
Justification and Objectives
- Continue exploration of tools and methods to maintain and manage a v2-to-FHIR mapping that can be referenced by FHIR mapping tabs, v2+ mapping tabs, and direct query using the Google Spreadsheets created to date as input.
- Explore APIs that enable basic v2 to FHIR mapping based on the mappings available to date.
- Test the viability of the current mappings we have.
- Optimize the format of the Confluence mapping pages and relate that format to another format that is machine readable (XML, ConceptMap resources, etc).
- Discuss plans for creating and balloting an IG
This track will use what version of FHIR.
- FHIR R4
Clinical input requested (if any)
Proposed Track Lead
To be confirmed
Altarum: Craig Newman - semi-confirmed
Allscripts: Danny Wise - tentative
Audicious Inquiry: Keith Boone - at Connectathon but not 100%
CDC: Jason Hall / Megan Light
Cerner: Hans Buitendijk - confirmed
Health Intersections: Grahame Grieve
JKM Software: Sean Muir
Northrop: Rishi / Marcelo Caldas / Shu McGarvey
Redox: Benjamin Flessner / Brendan Keeler
TBX: Robert Worden - confirmed
Google Cloud: Yatish Gupta/ Roman Polyanovsky - confirmed
Microsoft Healthcare: Michael Hansen/Deepak Bansal/Jared Erwin - confirmed
- Please join the V2 to FHIR Mapping Tooling call on TBD.
- Editor - HL7 volunteers/support staff to maintain the mappings
- Publisher - v2+, FHIR, and other venues to publish the content
- Integration Engines - consuming mappings to pre-populate their tools
- Tooling developers writing software to automate the mapping process.
Primary scenario is to provide end-to-end mapping of an ADT^A01 message definition including MSH, SFT, PID, PD1, ROL (or PRT), PV1, PV2 and possibly an OBX to a FHIR message.
- We will have a repository on GitHub containing sample Version 2 messages that implementers can use to test their conversion tools, along with places for people to store sample outputs from conversions of those message. Link <TBD>
NOTE: Every version of the base standard has sample messages that would be useful to verify some mappings, but we will want to use real world samples where possible. Other sources might include open source testing tools and scripts (e.g., NIST ONC testing tools)
- We anticipate scenarios will include sample messages where people can try different mappings and mapping technologies:
- ADT, ORU, MDM, VXU, SIU
- We may explore different mappings from the proposed mappings.
- Publish mappings for ballot review and general access
- FHIR based API access to mappings for:
- FHIR tabs
- v2+ tabs
Sample v2 messages/segments/fields to use:
We expect in this round that testing will be desktop to compare v2 message with FHIR message as the expected translations are still in progress.
Security and Privacy Considerations
We will not be requiring TLS to participate.